Gaybutton

Facial Hair

It's taken me all this time, but I have finally reached a point at which I can handle the tattoos. Now it's facial hair. I notice more and more of the Thai boys are sporting small, scraggly, almost peachfuzz type beards (when they can grow them) and mustaches.

For me, it's very unattractive. I'm ready for people to be handing out razors and shaving foam along with the condom handouts.

I'm wondering how the rest of you feel about those mustaches and beards.

a neatly trimmed mustache is ok with me, but not a beard.

I kind of fault my own mother for disliking mustaches as much as I do. She would always say, "I never liked mustaches. I hate the idea of kissing a man and getting my teeth brushed at the same time."

Well, I never liked them either (on Thai boys), and especially on women . . . !

On farang, the mustaches and beards work fine for me, as long as the farang are past a certain age. Many of my friends who sport them just wouldn't look right without them. It works for on Chinese "Fu Manchu" types as well. But on the Thai boys . . . no way!

Guest xiandarkthorne

Love facial hair on men over 30 but I have to see how well it suits the face on a younger guy, regardless of the man's race.

As for women with facial hair, if they don't have a problem with it, I am not brave enough to tell them if I do...

Guest joseph44

It's either:

- the boy didn't have money to go to the barbershop for a proper haircut and shave

- the boy is doing his best to look older, which has its advantages in the sleezy karaoke bars and their female staff

- the boy is working in a gay bar, but he does his best to look straight

Anyway, it turns me off big time!! If I meet a boy on cyber-space and I notice some facial hair, it's "click and go".

If the boy 'refuses' to take care of this problem, just tell him that they look 'same-same' a buffalo..........problem solved within 30 minutes.

Guest lvdkeyes

If the boy 'refuses' to take care of this problem, just tell him that they look 'same-same' a buffalo..........problem solved within 30 minutes.

I think this would be extremely rude.

Just a word of caution here.I realise that certain posters here are talking about the boys and buffalo in jest.

But what those posters must realise is that this 'joke' between posters in the know who understand the circumstances in which it is ok to use it is fine,but for those not completely 'in the know' who read this forum and maybe dont holiday in Thailand that often and therefore dont have the experience with regards to Thai insults who might use it thinking that it is ok.......I would advise them to be very wary of calling any Thai boy anything akin to a Buffalo (or Kwai.) If not absolutely CLEAR that it is in a jokey way it will considered EXTREMELY insulting and might well result in more than just a stern look from the boy, and if said in front of his friends could lead to an unpleasant response.

It is not so much the comparison of looking like a buffalo but more the insinuation to Thai people that you might be saying that the boy has the brain(sa-mong)or intellegence of a buffalo, as I say I would be very careful about calling a boy that, especially a stranger to you, even if it does not result in any immediate response I can guarantee it will not be forgotten.

I am only giving advice from the experience i have when talking with Thai boys.

As far as the topic is concerned, it would be my guess that a boy with deliberately grown facial hair would want others to think of him as a man(top) and for that reason alone would not be of interest to me. Having said that, I know some boys who want their own friends or Thai people to think of them as 'men'.....but in the privacy of a one on one are quite happy to be 'flexible'.

I don't like facial hair either & have never offed someone with it.

I know someone who makes a point of telling every guy he offs that most farang don't like guys with tattoos or facial hair.

If we all did that, then when word gets around, some of the gogo dancers would work out why they get no business & start shaving every evening.

I don't like facial hair either & have never offed someone with it.

I know someone who makes a point of telling every guy he offs that most farang don't like guys with tattoos or facial hair.

If we all did that, then when word gets around, some of the gogo dancers would work out why they get no business & start shaving every evening.

While I'm not too fond of either facial hair or heavily-tattoed guys and, if asked by a Thai whether I like a given tattoo or facial hair, I'd probably try to say no in a somewhat polite fashion, I'm hardly about to join some falang effort to "get the word out." Seems to me that it's their lifestyle choice and trying to push them to comply with my personal standards seems a bit awkward and/or wrong to me.

Plus (the following is meant with a little humor), maybe the boys will all get together and decide that they should tell every falang they meet that they don't particularly enjoy certain falang features that they might find a bit distasteful. If they all did that, maybe some slimmer and better-showered falang will start showing up at the bars?

Guest joseph44

Just a word of caution here.

Isn't that the case for every "synonym" you use for Thai boy? Some people are very easily offended. It's usually not my style to use expressions as "kwai", "ai hia", etc, but only if there is a specific reason.

If I compare a boy with a buffalo, than I clearly refer to his outlook and not to the level of his IQ, although I asked a TB once: Do you know why you have one braincell more than a buffalo? The look of the boy was puzzled, but the answer was: "No!"

"Well, it provides you from shitting in your bed!"

:rolleyes:

But ok, Alaan, your post makes sense: Just never compare people with things or animals.

Guest gay_grampa

I dislike the straggly facial hair some younger Thais grow to try and make themselves look more mature. It looks more like they can't be bothered to shave. I don't mind the older ones who have a proper moustache or beard - but these will usually have taken years to grow.

I dislike the large, abstract tattoos that boys have on their upper arms and shoulders. I dislike the amateur,home made tattoos that are probably done by friends when they are drunk. I don't mind a few traditional Thai tattoos put on by monks in the temples.

My biggest hate is piercings. Pierced lips, pierced tongues, pierced noses, pierced nipples, pierced navels and anything pierced on the genitals is the biggest turn off immaginable. Utterly vile and as big a turn off as the silicone penis implants.

I make a point of telling boys that I won't take them off because of the tattoos and piercings that they have mutilated themselves with in the hope that the word may get around and that others might stop. A futile gesture I know!!!

My biggest hate is piercings. Pierced lips, pierced tongues, pierced noses, pierced nipples, pierced navels and anything pierced on the genitals is the biggest turn off imaginable.

I'm with you. I can handle the pierced ears, but I can do without the rest of the piercings.

"I had nothing better to do today, so I thought I'd go out and have somebody punch holes through my flesh."

- George Carlin

Tattoos, piercings (earring is ok) and facial hair (as well as hair on arms, legs, chest) are a turn-off for me. Asians seem to have less facial hair compared to Caucasians, maybe they are proud of the little they have so they don't shave? The problem seems to be the following: the "peachfuzz type beard", which appears on Caucasian men during puberty and lasts only short, appears on Asians later in life and lasts longer. It's a turn-off! But I admit: I shave only twice a week because I'm too lazy (however, when I'm in Thailand for holiday I shave every day), so I can't expect someone else to shave just because I think he looks better without facial hair.