Guest aot87

bkk immigration

Guest aot87

How long can you expect to wait in line to clear immigration on departing bkk airport. I have read reports that its taking almost 1 and a half hours during early evening once you have checked in.

Guest joseph44

Depends on flights leaving.

Immigration ques last up to 30 minutes

The hand-bagage check right after Immigration will take another 30 minutes.

proper english please.

WILL and MAY do not mean the same.

It MAY-and that is wholly unpredictable.

If you are really pressed for time-and can prove that with boarding pass and ''flight boarding'' etc-speak with a supervisor and they will let you on.

Also: there are 2 main entry-areas-very often area left is crowdd-and right not at all-or reverse. But maybe a walk of 2 mins is too long?

proper english please.

WILL and MAY do not mean the same.

It MAY-and that is wholly unpredictable.

If you are really pressed for time-and can prove that with boarding pass and ''flight boarding'' etc-speak with a supervisor and they will let you on.

Also: there are 2 main entry-areas-very often area left is crowdd-and right not at all-or reverse. But maybe a walk of 2 mins is too long?

That was rather tacky. Have you not had any coffee yet this morning?

Proper spelling on your part would be appreciated too :) I believe crowdd is actually spelled crowded.

Guest fountainhall

Proper spelling on your part would be appreciated too :) I believe crowdd is actually spelled crowded.

If I am correct, Pong is not a native English speaker, in which case matters of spelling and grammar are surely much less important than the sense of a comment - IMHO.

Guest fountainhall

Depends on flights leaving.

Immigration ques last up to 30 minutes

The hand-bagage check right after Immigration will take another 30 minutes.

I'll make another plug here for the APEC Travel card. If you happen to work for a company based in one of the APEC countries, and if you travel even just a few times a year, you can get your company - or just a friend in that company - to write a letter applying on your behalf to your country's immigration department for one of these cards. The benefit is you get access to the fast-track lanes at airports in approx. 17 countries.

I know it is supposed to be for frequent business travellers, but as long as you have that letter on a company letterhead, the chances are excellent that you'll be provided with one. At airports with busy peak times like Suvarnabhumi and Narita where 'ordinary' travellers can take 30 - 60 minutes to clear immigration and security checks, APEC card holders rarely take more than 5 minutes. And it works for both departure and arrival.

If I am correct, Pong is not a native English speaker, in which case matters of spelling and grammar are surely much less important than the sense of a comment - IMHO.

If that is the case then my apologies are in order. But at the same time if he isn't a native English speaker, why is he asking for "proper English" and knows the difference between may and will and takes the time to correct a native English speaker.

Not that any of this matters one damn bit.

Just a thought

john

...as long as you have that letter on a company letterhead, the chances are excellent that you'll be provided with one.

And, is this regardless of the country of citizenship of the applicant? Thank you for this quite helpful suggestion, fountainhall.

How long can you expect to wait in line to clear immigration on departing bkk airport. I have read reports that its taking almost 1 and a half hours during early evening once you have checked in.

Now if I owned an airport I'd do everything possible to speed up passport control so the customers can be spending money for as long as possible.

Guest fountainhall

And, is this regardless of the country of citizenship of the applicant? Thank you for this quite helpful suggestion, fountainhall.

I am 99% certain it is not based on nationality, but where you work. I say that because I have a UK passport. On the other hand, I am a permanent resident of Kong Kong and my application was made in Hong Kong. I believe as long as you are based in an APEC country and a company established in that country makes the application on your behalf, you are OK. But I suggest you check on-line with the Immigration Department of one of the APEC countries. These are _

Australia

Brunei Darussalam

Canada

Chile

People's Republic of China

Hong Kong, China

Indonesia

Japan

Republic of Korea

Malaysia

Mexico

New Zealand