TotallyOz

Pay for an English Teacher

I have a few friends who want to learn to speak, read and write English. They will all do a class together. They want a teacher to come to their home for the lessons. What is a fair price to pay for someone to teach ESL? Where is the best place to find a good teacher? Is a native speaker better than somone who understands Thai?

I have a few friends who want to learn to speak, read and write English. They will all do a class together. They want a teacher to come to their home for the lessons. What is a fair price to pay for someone to teach ESL? Where is the best place to find a good teacher? Is a native speaker better than somone who understands Thai?

Call Khun Choo. She's the best there is and she is native Thai. She charges 250 baht per hour for one-on-one lessons. I don't know if she does group classes or teaches ESL, but if she doesn't, she would know the right person for those lessons. Her number is 081-753-3612.

Call Khun Choo. She's the best there is and she is native Thai. She charges 250 baht per hour for one-on-one lessons. I don't know if she does group classes or teaches ESL, but if she doesn't, she would know the right person for those lessons. Her number is 081-753-3612.

Is that the lady that teaches Thai? If so, I called her and she had no interest in teaching English. Or, perhaps this is a different one?

Is that the lady that teaches Thai? If so, I called her and she had no interest in teaching English. Or, perhaps this is a different one?

It probably is the same lady. I don't remember if she teaches English or not, but she's certainly great at teaching Thai. Give her a call anyway. If she doesn't teach English herself, she probably knows someone good who does.

It probably is the same lady. I don't remember if she teaches English or not, but she's certainly great at teaching Thai. Give her a call anyway. If she doesn't teach English herself, she probably knows someone good who does.

I remember calling her once and she did not want to do it as she just did not have the time...

So I went for someone ele that I would not recommand unfortunately..

Guest lvdkeyes

I remember calling her once and she did not want to do it as she just did not have the time...

So I went for someone ele that I would not recommand unfortunately..

Choo will teach English grammer to Thais who are able to speak some English. She charges 300 baht an hour for 1 on 1 lessons.

It is worth calling here and telling her what you would like for her to do and see what she says.

:)

Guest catawampuscat

Thaivisa.com has a whole section about teaching English.I am sure a posting there for a

teacher would bring many responses and one could get an good idea of what to pay from asking

the responders what they charge..

Someone with experience at AUA or a English language school would probably be best and references

should be requested and checked...

Bad timing, as one of the best English teachers just left town for the colder climes.. ;)