TotallyOz

Scuba Diving in Pattaya

Guest rainwalker

Actually, I learned to dive through Mermaid's 10 years ago and went on to become a Master Scuba Diver, with certifications in a bunch of specialties.

First off, ALL dive schools in resort locations tend to be overwhelmed by the volume of divers they put through the day dives and Mermaid's is no exception. Unfortunately, the facility is a mess and inadequate for their volume of students and the experience feels like a cookie cutter some days

The bonus there is that they are the most highly credentialed school in Pattaya and, as a consequence, have a lot of divers becoming instructors and that means there are lots of folks around who know what they need to do in the event of an emergency.

They have one instructor, a woman, who is both a good instructor and a native Thai speaker. She is also fluent in English.

I've paid for 4 people to take a Discover Scuba course which is a one day jaunt where the beginning diver has an experienced diver beside them all the time and I've also paid for Boy Special to take an Open Water certification - 4 days - which allows them to rent equipment and dive as any other diver would.

BTW; Everyone who I've sponsored has loved diving and because the Discover Diving course - the entry point to diving for most - is 4000 baht and beyond the reach of most, it is a hell of a gift. The Open Water course is about 12,000 baht

http://www.mermaiddive.com/info.htm

I attach 3 pictures of Thai men that I know who have dived a Discover Scuba day through Mermaid's in the last year and damn, do they look good in a wet suit and do they ever smile!!

Boy Special

[attachmentid=48]

Khla, a friend from Bangkok

[attachmentid=49]

A friend of a friend

[attachmentid=50]

post-4-1159208767_thumb.jpg

post-4-1159208806_thumb.jpg

post-4-1159208835_thumb.jpg

A friend of a friend

[attachmentid=51]

Thanks. That friend of a friend just so happens to be my Boy Special. :) Hot lad isn't he? :)

I could not remember the name of the school you recommended. I have a small group that wants to give it a try. I am excited about it myself.

We are also looking forward to your return to Thailand. :)

post-4-1159208887_thumb.jpg