reader

Tawan is The One

11 hours ago, reader said:

In the case of some of Bangkok’s more successful show bars (Jupiter and Dreamboy to name a few) it’s the female baht that also buys the drinks and pays the offs to enable owners to keep the shows alive

+1

we should remind ourselves that those bars are not gay bars but boy bars.

On my last trip while visiting Dreamboys one of their boys , veteran of several offs by myself was making motions toward me indicating he may be interested in at least drink if not outright an off. Since I had another plans I was greatly relieved that minutes later quite attractive Chinese looking girl in mid 30-ties called him over and shortly after , on my watch off they went, I strongly doubt for souvenir shipping.

8 hours ago, floridarob said:

'Evolving' means developing. The correct antonym of the given word is 'stagnating' which means deteriorating.    🧐

and still world see you in Thailand quite often so my guess will be things did not deteriorate that much, no ?

7 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

Overweight, heavily tattooed “boys” who looked bored out of their brain.

Not to dispute your findings but there's still possibility they may have their admirers not to mention use for bar as performers in the show.

When visiting bars , and I make a point of visiting most of them,  if not all , on every trip , I was witnessing offs of boys I would never venture to for that reason or another.

On streets I often see farangs walking with girls or rather ladies who could work part time as witches , well past their prime  and I doubt they are being engaged because their  dusting or cooking skills.

34 minutes ago, Lucky said:

The best fucking shows are the ones in your hotel room. Bangkok still has those!

indeed. I still fondly recall one in Raya two Tawan boys  suggested as my birthday gift back in 2016. They called it sophistically "special show"

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

indeed. I still fondly recall one in Raya two Tawan boys  suggested as my birthday gift back in 2016. They called it sophistically "special show"

Woof! 🤯 I would definitely keep a mental note and a reminder to ask for this "special show" if they still do it next time I'm back in Bangkok. 

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

I strongly doubt for souvenir shipping.

you think you're the only one that travels with a stamp collection?

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

and still world see you in Thailand quite often so my guess will be things did not deteriorate that much, no ?

They have, my visits are more massage and food related whereas sex in BKK used to be at a 70% rating now at about (40-50%) from me while Pattaya has always be in amateur status of 25-30% on my rating scale.

Cuba has deteriorated to the 10% level and I'd struggle to go back, but to only visit some old friends.

18 hours ago, vinapu said:

You are giving me ideas to take back two Tawan boys!

2 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

I gave The One another try tonight. Arrived at 10 worse than tragic. I was the only customer a few fat tattooed “boys” bored out of their brain playing with their mobiles. Don’t waste your time.

one of our non-contributing members was also  there tonight (Tuesday) and his impressions reported to me were more uplifting . There was 5 customers for the show so I guess he was much later than 10pm. Show was brief , about 20 minutes but nevertheless show it was. 

He was  happy because one of guys  he was fond of in the deep past suddenly reappeared. By his  admission and he knows me very well as we went to Tawan together on many occasion there were at least four guys I liked in the past including twinkish masseur and hunkish waiter  and some new guy he suspects I'd like him as well. So here's some hope for the bar and  their boys admirers although for bar to survive it needs much bigger client base than just few customers. 

2 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

I gave The One another try tonight. Arrived at 10 worse than tragic. I was the only customer a few fat tattooed “boys” bored out of their brain playing with their mobiles. Don’t waste your time.

I was always at the impression that Tawan/The One's type of boys has always has been the big, beefy, chunky, bit chub, bulking muscle men (whether on season or off season). I love Asian Musclemen 😍😍😍

But yeah sucks to see them just in the corner playing with their mobiles instead of showing off what they got on stage.

Hope their operations get more traction and for them to up their shows like before. Otherwise it will be hard to survive with the bars big/muscle men niche in predominantly Twink offerings of Thailand.

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

he knows me very well as we went to Tawan together on many occasion there were at least four guys I liked in the past including twinkish masseur and hunkish waiter  and some new guy he suspects I'd like him as well. So here's some hope for the bar and  their boys admirers although for bar to survive it needs much bigger client base than just few customers. 

Are you on the way yet?

• Members
9 hours ago, jamiebee said:

I was always at the impression that Tawan/The One's type of boys has always has been the big, beefy, chunky, bit chub, bulking muscle men (whether on season or off season). I love Asian Musclemen 😍😍😍

But yeah sucks to see them just in the corner playing with their mobiles instead of showing off what they got on stage.

Hope their operations get more traction and for them to up their shows like before. Otherwise it will be hard to survive with the bars big/muscle men niche in predominantly Twink offerings of Thailand.

There was a time when the Tawan had a large stable of spectacularly fit stunning muscle men. This has long ceased to be the case. I was in Bangkok in December 2018 and the Tawan had deteriorated to the point of being a chubby chasers bar. The One has continued this deterioration.

9 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

There was a time when the Tawan had a large stable of spectacularly fit stunning muscle men. 

fully agree. Perhaps they did not take diligence  about getting new blood and guys started to get weight, all the same like their clients. 

But from what I hear very recently , not all hope is lost. Alternative being high priced Moonlight models, also not exactly in their prime or stunning indeed but full of attitude and indifference Jupiter guys , Tawan in The One incarnation still has a chance to get it's market share

10 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

There was a time when the Tawan had a large stable of spectacularly fit stunning muscle men. 

51 minutes ago, vinapu said:

fully agree. Perhaps they did not take diligence  about getting new blood and guys started to get weight, all the same like their clients. 

I guess one can never know what they are missing until it was pointed out. 

Hope they get new boys that represent the old Tawan when it was on its peak or the current boys get motivated to toughen up and gain back their physique.

Otherwise they may lose their remaining admirers if they don't do something soon.

21 minutes ago, jamiebee said:

Otherwise they may lose their remaining admirers if they don't do something soon.

or departing admirers will make room for new crop of chubby chasers who find current crew exactly what they are looking for. Just saying. Oh-ing and ah-ing about the boys is worth nothing if won't translate into cold cash, be it drinks, off fees or tips

Sometimes we customers are right sensing trouble for bars ( New Twilight, Sol ) but sometimes owners know better as they see the cash register from inside. Dreamboys in soi Twilight location and BoyzBoyzBoyz are good examples of most expensive bars in their sois and yet most crowded.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

or departing admirers will make room for new crop of chubby chasers who find current crew exactly what they are looking for. 

I totally and honestly forgot the term "Chubby-Chasers" 😳😳 I've finally know now what perfectly describes my boy preference.  I really love my boys big and chunky 😍 🐻🐻‍❄️🐷

11 hours ago, jamiebee said:

I totally and honestly forgot the term "Chubby-Chasers" 😳😳 I've finally know now what perfectly describes my boy preference.  I really love my boys big and chunky 😍 🐻🐻‍❄️🐷

based on recent reports from Tawan, both negative and positive , you should be well served there.

Given the popularity of hugs bar for bear and chasers, its only a matter of time those guys make way to the new the one bar. 

My experience with tawan is mixed bag as well. Seems like they do have a lot of freelancer that comes whenever they want, which could explains the mixed reviews. These rare gem usually comes when they need money, or when they are free only. Sadly, i dont think there is a pattern, but i guess if they have regular job, weekend nights might be when they will make appearance for some extra cash? 

Sadly, the permanent exhibit of old tawan and i guess The One as well fits the recents trip reports.