TotallyOz

Should Prime Minister Abhisit Step Down?

We let the rot set in and there will be expletives in every post. There are already other forums catering for that kind of thing.

Standards on this board are within our influence, Mr Abhisit is not.

Of course, if they have a better leader available, perhaps he should stand down. If not, maybe he should carry on.

To me it's much more distasteful to post as if we're seven year olds, disguising words with asterisks when we all know perfectly well what the word is. I think doing that is just ridiculous. How is the use of asterisks any less distasteful? How will using asterisks save our standards?

Thank you Gaybutton for pointing out that this is a Board for adults ... who sometimes like to make a point as stark as they can without worrying about the puritanical forcing of dainty little *****'s on one and all.

I do not see GayThailand board flooded with four letter words even though the policy is very liberal.

A mature philosophy, nicely encapsulated.

We let the rot set in and there will be expletives in every post. There are already other forums catering for that kind of thing.

Exactly. Other forums cater to that kind of thing. I really don't foresee this board degenerating into a four-letter word posting spree. I give those who post here far more credit for intelligence and maturity than that. But, if I'm wrong and it happens anyway, that's when to deal with it.

I agree we are all adults and we all know, and probably automatically read the real meaning, when we see the asterisks. I do not find these words that shocking, but I will still use the asterisks. Why? It was just the way I was brought up. I can't help 65 years of conditioning.