Gaybutton

Gay Romeo vs. the Bar Scene

Guest beachlover

I think online dating is good for places where there isn't much of a gay scene but nothing beats going to a gay club, disco or bar and looking for a boy you like... flirting and dancing with him... and getting to know him naturally before taking him home or meeting up later. I find this much more fun and satisfying.

Saunas are ok, but still not as fun or satisfying as meeting a boy in a club or elsewhere.

Guest GaySacGuy

I think online dating is good for places where there isn't much of a gay scene but nothing beats going to a gay club, disco or bar and looking for a boy you like... flirting and dancing with him... and getting to know him naturally before taking him home or meeting up later. I find this much more fun and satisfying.

Saunas are ok, but still not as fun or satisfying as meeting a boy in a club or elsewhere.

Try telling that to the whom met the perfect person in his life online..or in a sauna?? Every place has it's followers.

Guest beachlover

True... I suppose what I said was personal taste. I know some guys are also not comfortable hanging out and picking up in gay clubs and bars. I know it took me a while to get used to picking up in bars when I was younger... I still have difficulty when I am alone and in a place where everyone is in groups and not very friendly.

I have had one BF who said he hated clubs and discos...

I kind of like the atmosphere. I mean, nothing beats the energy of a place like DJ Station when it's packed on a Saturday night and everyone is going off.

Going from my office in Sydney to that in the space of a few hours on the same day is almost surreal...

Guest fountainhall

Going from my office in Sydney to that in the space of a few hours on the same day is almost surreal...

I guess you must have your own personal Concorde somewhere!

Guest beachlover

Well not really... From Sydney you can do a half-day in the office, fly to Bangkok and be at DJ Station by midnight or so.

Getting to the airport, checking in and waiting for the flight to depart takes 2 hours... the flight is 9 hours... landing getting to your hotel in BKK is about 1 hour... but you also gain 2-3 hours due to the time difference, so transit time is 9 hours or so.

Depending on flight times, you can finish up at 1pm and be checked into your hotel in BKK by 11pm.

Guest fountainhall

Well not really... From Sydney you can do a half-day in the office, fly to Bangkok and be at DJ Station by midnight or so.

Getting to the airport, checking in and waiting for the flight to depart takes 2 hours... the flight is 9 hours... landing getting to your hotel in BKK is about 1 hour... but you also gain 2-3 hours due to the time difference, so transit time is 9 hours or so.

It was a joke! I have done that flight many times, but half a day is hardly "in a few hours"! And no one counts time difference. If they did, I can be in San Francisco 3 hours before leaving Hong Kong!

Guest GaySacGuy

It was a joke! I have done that flight many times, but half a day is hardly "in a few hours"! And no one counts time difference. If they did, I can be in San Francisco 3 hours before leaving Hong Kong!

And of course you can leave BKK early morning and arrive in SFO or LAX the same morning fresh as a daisy ready to meet the NEW day...well, ok, may not fresh!

Guest beachlover

Yeah, I know. But it does feel like a few hours. It's like one moment I'm sitting in my office in Sydney... a few moments later I'm having a drink on the other side of the world at DJ Station and with the music pumping and all these cute Thai boys dancing around me!... It's surreal!... I wish every Friday night could be like that.

Guest beachlover

And of course you can leave BKK early morning and arrive in SFO or LAX the same morning fresh as a daisy ready to meet the NEW day...well, ok, may not fresh!

That would be perfect!... Stay out the whole night partying... or maybe chat up a cute boy and take him back to your room... and then grab breakfast at 6am... fly out at 9am, sleep on the plane and arrive in time to start a new day in SF.

Unfortunately you can't do that for Sydney... If you take an overnight flight you leave around 5pm and arrive early in the morning, I think.

Guest GaySacGuy

Who said anything about sleeping on the plane??? Besides you have to take your tour of Narita, Japan, and all the other good things on the way.

Guest beachlover

Oh... you stop in Japan on the way back?

I just assumed if you've been out all night in Bangkok and it will be morning when you land in the US, the logical thing it to get your night's sleep on the plane.

Guest GaySacGuy

Oh... you stop in Japan on the way back?

I just assumed if you've been out all night in Bangkok and it will be morning when you land in the US, the logical thing it to get your night's sleep on the plane.

Thai has one flight a day nonstop to LAX...any other way you are going to stop somewhere..Japan, Taiwan, Korea..someplace.

Guest beachlover

I see... Yeah, unlucky for Americans and Canadians... You guys have a lot further to travel to Thailand than Australians or people in Asia.

I still think it's viable to make weekend (3-day) trips to BKK from Sydney. But it's just not worth the money... $2k, just to take a 3-day break there, for now.

Guest GaySacGuy

I see... Yeah, unlucky for Americans and Canadians... You guys have a lot further to travel to Thailand than Australians or people in Asia.

I still think it's viable to make weekend (3-day) trips to BKK from Sydney. But it's just not worth the money... $2k, just to take a 3-day break there, for now.

Only $1100 rt to US, but a three day trip would all be spent on the airplane!

Guest beachlover

It's usually AUD$900 to $1,300 (deduct 10-15% to get USD) from Sydney... the rest of the money is accommodation and other expenses. Though food/drink etc. is something I'd be paying for at home anyway.