Gaybutton

Chiang Mai Tour Guide Recommendation

I have some friends who want to go to Chiang Mai and are looking for a good tour guide. I recommended Ben's Tours, but Ben is booked up on the dates they are going to be there. Does anyone know of another good English-speaking tour guide in Chiang Mai? It does not necessarily have to be a gay tour guide.

I have some friends who want to go to Chiang Mai and are looking for a good tour guide. I recommended Ben's Tours, but Ben is booked up on the dates they are going to be there. Does anyone know of another good English-speaking tour guide in Chiang Mai? It does not necessarily have to be a gay tour guide.

If your friends stay at PJ's Place, I recommend they get the Thai owner to be their guide. He did this for us in the past and his knowledge of the area is unsurpassed. We had the best info from a gay man who really does know the area and the bar scene.

Plus, PJ's Place is the best place in Chiang Mai to stay at. IMHO

If your friends stay at PJ's Place, I recommend they get the Thai owner to be their guide. He did this for us in the past and his knowledge of the area is unsurpassed. We had the best info from a gay man who really does know the area and the bar scene.

Plus, PJ's Place is the best place in Chiang Mai to stay at. IMHO

Would that work? I should have mentioned that this is a straight couple, in their sixties, from the USA. They don't have anything at all against gays, but they are looking for city and area tours, but not a tour of gay night life.

Would that work? I should have mentioned that this is a straight couple, in their sixties, from the USA. They don't have anything at all against gays, but they are looking for city and area tours, but not a tour of gay night life.

Yes, it would totally work. They took us to the Temple, shops, amazing places to eat, the wood factories and outlets, etc. I tell you, both P and J are very well versed in all aspects of Chiang Mai. They are gay but both are highly intelligent and know the city very well. Their B and B is straight friendly.

Guest lvdkeyes

. They are gay but both are highly intelligent and know the city very well. Their B and B is straight friendly.

:huh: Are you suggesting most gays are not intelligent?

LOL.j No, I meant to say and and not but. I do think gays are more intelligent than straights. Why? Years ago we were more closeted and stuck to the books more. I am not sure that is the case with today's young gays, but it was for my generation.

Have you read the posts here? MINE included! :wacko:

LOL.j No, I meant to say and and not but. I do think gays are more intelligent than straights. Why? Years ago we were more closeted and stuck to the books more. I am not sure that is the case with today's young gays, but it was for my generation.

Well, in my generation we were busy discovering fire. There were no books to stick to yet.

Guest pete1969

GB beat me to it, but I would also recommend Jiab at PJs. He is a nice guy, speaks great English, and was a font of information on things to see in all of Thailand. He is probably in his mid thirties and very professional, so he would make a good impression on your older friends. He also has a nice car that he uses for his tours.

Pete

How long are they planning to stay in Chiang Mai? Do they really need to have a guide booked in advance?

Why not come to Chiang Mai and check out the many reliable tour operators who run individual, group and personalised tours? Their tour guides are all licensed and tertiary educated as required by law.

How long are they planning to stay in Chiang Mai? Do they really need to have a guide booked in advance?

Why not come to Chiang Mai and check out the many reliable tour operators who run individual, group and personalised tours? Their tour guides are all licensed and tertiary educated as required by law.

They have never been to Thailand and they don't speak a word of Thai. They asked for my help booking someone in advance. Their time in Thailand is going to be quite limited. They prefer to have someone known to be a good guide, booked in advance, so that all they need to do is get to Chiang Mai and not have to even think about trying to find a guide once they get there.