TotallyOz

Let Me Tell U

Beach talk and gossip is one thing, but I don't think gossip about anybody is appropriate for message boards, especially when it is negative gossip and the people posting that gossip can't prove what they say. I know many people feel that LetMeTellU asks for it, but even so I don't think it's appropriate to chop apart people or businesses on message boards, especially in light of Thailand's libel laws. If people don't like someone's posts, then nobody is forcing them to read those messages. If LetMeTellU, or anybody else, is posting misinformation or misleading information, then the information itself can be refuted without including gossip.

Beach talk and gossip is one thing, but I don't think gossip about anybody is appropriate for message boards, especially when it is negative gossip and the people posting that gossip can't prove what they say. I know many people feel that LetMeTellU asks for it, but even so I don't think it's appropriate to chop apart people or businesses on message boards, especially in light of Thailand's libel laws. If people don't like someone's posts, then nobody is forcing them to read those messages. If LetMeTellU, or anybody else, is posting misinformation or misleading information, then the information itself can be refuted without including gossip.

I totally agree. However, was it the part about LetMeTellU and Niddy running away togehter that got your riled up? :) jk I do know how you love a good cheesburger. :)

I totally agree. However, was it the part about LetMeTellU and Niddy running away togehter that got your riled up? :) jk I do know how you love a good cheesburger. :)

I'm riled because he ran off with my cheeseburger! I mean, there I was at Niddy's Nook. Just as they served my cheeseburger, here comes LMTU. He said, "Look at that wonderful new painting on the wall." I turned and looked. I didn't see anything new. When I turned around again, there was LMTU running down the street. He turned around and held up a cheeseburger, pointing at me and laughing. I looked down and my plate was empty. I'm too fat to chase him down! And Chris wouldn't even give me another one. He said he is not responsible for theft. He did, however, offer me a plate of grilled bats . . . free of charge and properly seasoned, to be served with fava beans and a nice Chianti. :lol:

Guest rainwalker

Gossip can serve to:

-normalise and re-inforce moral boundaries in a speech-community

-foster and build a sense of community with shared interests and information

-entertain and divert participants in gossip-sessions

-build structures of social accountability

-further mutual social grooming (like many other uses of language, only more so)

-provide a mating tool that allows (for example) women to mutually identify socially desirable men and social pariahs to avoid

-reflect unvarnished and spontaneous public opinion - of interest to marketers, opinion pollers and secret-policemen

-undermine entrenched systems of power and domination as a form of political resistance

Guest catawampuscat

It is human nature to gossip and it is an effective method of communication especially in small towns or villages.. Outrageous behavior and scandalous deeds stir up the populace and one can't just talk

about the weather..

Gossip also serves as a warning to one to protect their reputation and acts to curb some behavior

that is not socially acceptable.. It can also serve to protect people from those whose reputations are tarnished and warn people about unsavory characters..

Gossip mongers are pathetic creatures who thrive on gossip and use gossip to hurt others but sometimes when a community is threatened or endangered, gossip is all that is available and eagerly lapped up..

While it may be noble not to gossip, it is a rare individual that doesn't lean over to hear a bit of juicy

gossip and also a rare individual who can resist telling what he has heard..

When gossip get old it dies a natural death and dear GT, the only gossip you will hear about your

departed friend is rumours of his return which will start when the time is right.. :huh:

;) GT

For me ...LMTU is very much forgotten.

As far as your naivety, I am sure is representative of your lovely avatar.

Maybe you should really listen to all the gossip and wonder how much was the truth. I am sure a good percentage was very very true! Much of it is not what I would like to hear of a person. Maybe your choice of ethical standards are different.

Think of yourself as fortunate that you did not fall on the wrong side!!!

A word here ..a word there!!! know what I mean? :wacko:

Maybe your choice of ethical standards are different.

Perhaps. Whose standard of ethics are we using? Are we using those of the one in power in the USA? Are we using the the ones that are given to us by the religious leaders? Are we going to use those by the majority of straights in the world? Are we going to use those that are openly gay and honry all the time? Should we use those who are at Babylon every Saturday? Or, are we going to use those of the gay men in Pattaya who frequent Sunee and Boyztown? Please let me know which standard I should look to. :)

As far as your naivety, I am sure is representative of your lovely avatar.

Hey, now I take that personally. The avatar is my one true love.

Guest letmetellu

It is human nature to gossip and it is an effective method of communication especially in small towns or villages.. Outrageous behavior and scandalous deeds stir up the populace and one can't just talk

about the weather..

Gossip also serves as a warning to one to protect their reputation and acts to curb some behavior

that is not socially acceptable.. It can also serve to protect people from those whose reputations are tarnished and warn people about unsavory characters..

Gossip mongers are pathetic creatures who thrive on gossip and use gossip to hurt others but sometimes {end of quotes}

To be the news and not the writer is not my choice, I'm not worried about gossip mongers, I can let you into a secret, my style of writing is made more interesting when I get to hit a sour note with some guyz and they respond with venom, but it says a lot more about the gossip mongers then it does about me, its so easy to say bad things about people I know lots of stories about many guys in Pattaya, but I would only say what I consider to be fun amusing and not hurtful about any individuall.

When my few enemies see or hear part of a story they think they can make into gossip to hurt or make them self seem as though there are so crystal clean, they like to spread fabricated 'hear say' Information they know will do the most damage.

Libelous and defamitory gossip is a different thing I am taking advice after obtaining IPS numbers, so I cant say any more at this time, and I would consider some of the rubbish spread about me by mainly 3 people starting it, that has gone round the town like a Forest fire according to the 16 emails I have received, some who are good friends of the muck rakers the Information you have given me about 2 of them is Interesting thanks.

I also find it amazing that catawampuscat is now trying to distance himself from the gossip he has been spreading to all that would listen, according to 2 people who know him closely, I have been told blow by blow of the insinuations being said by someone I thought was a friend for what ever reason, only he will know till I get back to confront these people.

My type of sensationalist information is very much like the National Enquirer it came from working as a publicist with the Star Group of companies Hamburg, in the 60s and 70s trying to make useless Pop Groups in those days become interesting, including the Beatles, so as I was seated on my plane, reading this tabloid magazine, seeing how the Stars read the gossip about them self and it is the first they have heard about the stories they tell, because some one is trying to make a name for them self turning a grain of truth in to a sensational story, or make them self seem to be a wonderful person, as they have insiders, because I was privileged to be given a lot of scoops, but it looks in reality they have many skeletons in there own cupboard.

I have owned night clubs in London and dealt with the lowest of the low none of them would stoop so low as this hatchet job that has done about me lately, but as Caty says ill will return then we will see who is a man or a mouse.

Thanks for all your wonderful support and many emails listening to these cowards, It is so heart warming to know I have many friends, a lot more then the very few enemies who think they can hide behind there gossip, poison pens and whispering campaigns.

I know I have only done good in Pattaya I have so much love for the majority of people there the good the bad and the ugly, but when a very few think they can not knock me down with the truth, they like to make a new angle behind my back, its good to see so many guys have only good to say about me and very few with a secret agenda.

As some of you emailers said listening to what these guys have said about me, they now see these dangerous gossips at arms length, so you should they are not friends there dispicable bullies.

Thank you also "Gaythailand" for your support fortunately you are not so easily confused with gossip and dangerous accusations. I do have pictures but this is not the time or the place?

Watch this space.