TotallyOz

GayThailand.com Forum Meet and Greet

It has been suggested by many that we have a Meet and Greet for the members here. As the website has gone through many changes over the past few weeks, I thought I'd get a head start on a party. The tenor of the other posts about a meet and greet seemed to suggest that if someone wanted to have a party, set a time and date and whoever wants to show up and show up.

On Saturday night, August 28th, we will have a Forum Meet and Greet at YaYa bar in Soi Sunee Plaza. We choose YaYa as they have been posting here and I have been to the bar several times and think they have a great thing going and I'd like to support their efforts. The owner Ya is a great host, he is gay and he is a nice guy. The bar has all over 18 staff and is very clean and kept up well.

The night is simple. The time is 6-8. There will be appetizers available from a local restaurant. It is not a full 7-course dinner but if you like Thai food and snack food, we will have it there for you. It is free for those in attendance at YaYa that night. The food if provided by the new owners of the Gay Thailand website.

If you are a poster on this forum, just show up, tell me your posting name and I'll buy you the first drink or two. If you have guests that are not posters on this forum, you are on own your own to buy them drinks. Sorry, but I have to limit things and make them as easy as possible.

I know that some will not be comfortable letting me know who you are, and if that is the case, simply show up and buy your own drink. The bar is totally open to all and not all the customers will be there for the Meet and Greet. However, for those that want a few drinks, you will need to tell us who you are. The reason I choose to do it this way is simple. I have attended events in the past and many were in attendance and taking free drinks who did not even post on the forums. I am not interested in paying for those people. Sorry, but as I am helping to host this and I'll be the one paying for the drinks, these are my rules.

Again, that does not preclude anyone from showing up, having drinks and great conversations.

I am not sure how long I'll be in Thailand so I am doing this last minute. If you are not in the area, I hope we are able to do it again and we will be able to meet up then. If it is successful, we will try to do it in other cities with a little more notice. I hope everyone is able to join in the fun!

Added on 27:

Just to clarify a few things as some questions have come to me from others.

This is a very casual Meet and Greet. I'll have some food that is being delivered but unless I get a good count of people who send PM's or say here they are coming, I'm only ordering food for about 20 people as we have been told by 10 so far they are coming. It is not a full dinner but more appetizers and snack food with some Thai food mixed in for those that like Thai food. If there are going to be more, please post here you are coming or send me a PM.

The drinks are NOT free for everyone all night. If you approach me and tell me you are a poster here, I'll buy you a drink. If you do not approach me, you need to buy your own drink. If you bring friends, that is fine too but they are responsible for their drinks. I have talked to Ya and he knows that if I tell him I'll get someone a drink, he will put that bill into my bin. If not, you have your own bin and you'll need to pay for that.

I assume there are going to be 10-20 people in attendance and that is what I am planning for. I hope more than that come but if so, please tell me today or tomorrow so we can adjust our order! Thanks.

Guest penguin

I haven't been posting much here (the day I joined, GayButtonThai started) but I'll be in Pattaya (for the first time) from late in the week, so this is perfect timing for me.

So, I'll be there. :D

Looking forward to meeting others.

Guest RichLB

If it's not pouring buckets, I hope to be there. At the risk of being presumptuous, I've always felt funny going up to a stranger and asking, "Who are you?" Some simple stick on name tags might solve that problem.

Darn, I am afraid I cannot make it. I and the BF are leaving for 31 Days in Northern Europe, but we will be there in heart and mind. Hope everyone has a good time. Maybe if this meet and greet works out we will have them more often and I will try to make the next one.

Guest GaySacGuy

GT Won't be making the trip from Ubon, but hope you have a great time. I will have to try to get to whatever event you hold when you draw my $500 winner out of the hat!!! LOL

If it's not pouring buckets, I hope to be there. At the risk of being presumptuous, I've always felt funny going up to a stranger and asking, "Who are you?" Some simple stick on name tags might solve that problem.

Yes, it is a good idea for name tags. I mentioned that in an earlier discussion of the Meet and Greet. GB replied that I should bring them. Since I am not in Thailand at present perhaps you could take on that role? At gay social events I have attended in the past, the use of a stick on name tag is a great help. They are available at Friendship Market on second floor.

Yes, it is a good idea for name tags. I mentioned that in an earlier discussion of the Meet and Greet. GB replied that I should bring them. Since I am not in Thailand at present perhaps you could take on that role? At gay social events I have attended in the past, the use of a stick on name tag is a great help. They are available at Friendship Market on second floor.

I am more than happy to pick them up. Is there anything else I can pick up for the party? All requests are being taken?

No Filet Mignon orders please. ;)

images_pic-medium-27418-filet_mignon.jpg

Thanks for hosting this Meet and Greet, to both the new owners of GayThailand Board and the poster known as GayThailand. It is very generous. I plan to be there too.

As far as name tags go, I am not sure it is a good idea since some people will be there who are either not posters or those that may want to remain an anonymous. I believe that GT is asking people to let him know, not post their name on a name tag to wear. Some posters do not care and others may be anxious to let people know who they post as. But in a Meet and Greet their posting name may not be as relevant as who they are. Possibly, RichLB's real name maybe Rich or Richard, but as an example, a poster named Slime could introduce himself as John. You would still meet him and when you see him later could say "Hi,John" instead of "Hi, Slime".

So in my opinion, as RichLB has previously suggested, let people buy their own drinks, would it be ok to let people that want to wear a name tag, bring their own. Actually, those that choose to wear a name tag could be very creative.

Guest penguin

I guess I'm out of luck, I'm landing in Suvarnabhumi that evening, will be very hard to make it on time.

I don't imagine everyone will be kicked out at 8 :) Come along anyway when you get into town. There's bound to be a few people still around. It's a Saturday night after all.

Guest RichLB

As far as name tags go, I am not sure it is a good idea since some people will be there who are either not posters or those that may want to remain an anonymous.

I still vote for name tags. If someone doesn't want to wear one, don't. There are some specific posters here I'd like to get to know, but I'd feel funny wandering around and asking, "Are you Bob?, Could you be Gaybutton?, etc.) Unfortunately, I'm not socially adept enough to work a room and name tags would be a great crutch for guys like me.

I would think that the purpose of a "meet and greet" so to speak is to meet people from the board but if you don't know who you are talking to, whats the point

john

"Are you Bob?, Could you be Gaybutton?

Nah, you wouldn't need nametags for us. I'm the handsome dude. GB is the mean looking guy in the corner with the eraser. :lol:

Unfortunately, I shall still be in the US during your party and won't be returning to LOS (and Chiangmai at that) until next month. Have a good time. And please pick the good-looking dude to wear my nametag.

I still vote for name tags. If someone doesn't want to wear one, don't. There are some specific posters here I'd like to get to know, but I'd feel funny wandering around and asking, "Are you Bob?, Could you be Gaybutton?, etc.) Unfortunately, I'm not socially adept enough to work a room and name tags would be a great crutch for guys like me.

I understand you want name tags. But how do you know that some of the specific posters you want to get to know, want to wear a name tag? They might not even attend.

I know you ARE socially adept. But if there are certain posters you specifically want to meet, you could consider writing their posting names on a small placard and put it either at where you sit or wearing the small placard around you neck as you circulate around the room. You would certainly stand out, and any of the posters names on your list would certainly understand you want to specifically meet them. Also this would help you avoid meeting other interesting posters that you specifically don't want to meet as you wander the room. Problem solved :blush:

Guest lvdkeyes

I have never before heard such controversy over a simple think like name tags. I can just imagine this lot at a business meeting trying to get something accomplished. Sheeze!

I have never before heard such controversy over a simple think like name tags. I can just imagine this lot at a business meeting trying to get something accomplished. Sheeze!

Lol, I can understand your "sheeze!" It's only a "let's get together for a yak yak and a drink" versus a formal state dinner with the friggin' Queen of England! :blink:

Lol, I can understand your "sheeze!" It's only a "let's get together for a yak yak and a drink" versus a formal state dinner with the friggin' Queen of England! :blink:

Well if the friggin 'Queen of England' will be there it is a different matter. But I know the 'Tire Old Queen', TOQ, and I thought he could not be there?

This contest, of trying to post a certain number of posts is, mind numbing!

Guest travelerjim

Nah, you wouldn't need nametags for us. I'm the handsome dude. GB is the mean looking guy in the corner with the eraser. :lol:

Have a good time. And please pick the good-looking dude to wear my nametag.

NOPE...WRONG!

You will not miss GB... :blink:

GB will be the one standing with his crossed legs...

weaving impatiently from foot to foot...

outside the door to the YaYa toilet...

waiting for LMTU ...let me tell u...

and new found friend to come out. :blush:

Sorry your handsomeness will miss the party... B)

Maybe we'll meet up next time?

tj

I will have name tags for those that want them. It is not a requirement to wear them. For those that want them, they will be there.

I'll have food as well. It is not a requirement to eat. For those that want it, it will be there for you to enjoy.

I'll also buy a drink or two for those that tell me who you are. For those that want the drink, they will be there.

For those that don't want any of the above, show up and support a great gay bar that is following the rules of Pattaya and is a great business run by gay guys!

Guest travelerjim

I will have name tags for those that want them. It is not a requirement to wear them. For those that want them, they will be there.

GT, I really do not think you will need a name tag...

just come as you are...

GT as seen recently walking along Beach Road...

See you at the Meet & Greet on the 28th.

tj

swets.jpg

Gt does love the attention doesn't he? You should see him in his string bikini when in Rio!

There are some visuals that I just do not need to see,, Thank You

Just to clarify a few things as some questions have come to me from others.

This is a very casual Meet and Greet. I'll have some food that is being delivered but unless I get a good count of people who send PM's or say here they are coming, I'm only ordering food for about 20 people as we have been told by 10 so far they are coming. It is not a full dinner but more appetizers and snack food with some Thai food mixed in for those that like Thai food. If there are going to be more, please post here you are coming or send me a PM.

The drinks are NOT free for everyone all night. If you approach me and tell me you are a poster here, I'll buy you a drink. If you do not approach me, you need to buy your own drink. If you bring friends, that is fine too but they are responsible for their drinks. I have talked to Ya and he knows that if I tell him I'll get someone a drink, he will put that bill into my bin. If not, you have your own bin and you'll need to pay for that.

I assume there are going to be 10-20 people in attendance and that is what I am planning for. I hope more than that come but if so, please tell me today or tomorrow so we can adjust our order! Thanks.

Last Clarification for TJ: I will not be wearing the outfit you posted above. That is something I do only occasionally.