TotallyOz

Tailor Made Clothing

I have wanted to try some tailor made shirts for a long time. I never really took the plunge until now. I went to a tailor on Soi 5 in Jomptien. They are at the corner of Soi 5 and beach road. They made me a beautiful shirt that fit perfectly. It was very well designed and I can see that great care went into it. The cost was less than 1,000 bath. A great deal for a hand made shirt.

I have wanted to try some tailor made shirts for a long time. I never really took the plunge until now. I went to a tailor on Soi 5 in Jomptien. They are at the corner of Soi 5 and beach road. They made me a beautiful shirt that fit perfectly. It was very well designed and I can see that great care went into it. The cost was less than 1,000 bath. A great deal for a hand made shirt.

Another good one is Amigo on Soi Diamond. He has been tailoring mine for a couple of years. Quality is excellant.. Price around 750B. One day service.. His name is Hans

john

Guest hajuthai

I use Solana in Pattayaland soi 2.

650 bath for a shirt in good quality and excellent work. Have some for 3 years now, washed many, many times and still the same. :blush:

Guest Snowkat

And another one is Supranee tailor which is on the other side of Second Road directly opposite the Family Mart on the corner of Pattayaland Soi 3 (Boyztown). Prices from 600 Baht upwards depending on the material used - (silk shirts 750 Baht).

((A word of caution for the unwary. Always ask for the collar to be re-inforced otherwise the standard way they are made is as a soft collar which tends to curl up when worn and spoils the appearance of the shirt.))

Guest catawampuscat

Be careful of too good a fit.. most farangs seem to increase their weight and girth in Thailand

as it is only what in your wallet that makes you attractive in the commercial scene and even

in places like Babylon, there is no incentive to maintain weight, so give yourself some extra room

on the tailor made clothing.. ..

I speak from experience and had to discard many shirts and a jacket that just shrank somehow..

(sort of like how your shoes shrink on a long flight..) B)

most farangs seem to increase their weight and girth in Thailand

as it is only what in your wallet that makes you attractive in the commercial scene and even

I always lose weight when in Thailand. Better diet and more active in and out of the hotel room. A true land o' smiles.

((A word of caution for the unwary. Always ask for the collar to be re-inforced otherwise the standard way they are made is as a soft collar which tends to curl up when worn and spoils the appearance of the shirt.))

Thanks for the collar hint, Snowkat. I can see now that's the mistake I made.

Guest jtrack33

As an extension of Ijepota's customized buy wheeze, I would like to suggest something I have started doing: Buy a Hushville brand shirt from Tesco Lotus for about Bht199/299. Examine the material before buying and select one of those types that need no ironing...they tend to be a bit thicker than normal and have distinctive parallel lines in the material. Then take the shirt to a street-side sewing lady and have her adjust the waist...to 'slim-fit' or whatever and any other adjustments for about Bht30-60.

Guest fountainhall
How many on this board need to have their shirts adjusted at the waist to "slim fit"?

Certainly not me! Having lived in Hong Kong for ages, I used to have business shirts made there. A couple of years ago, I needed a few with a slightly :o expanded waistline. So I took one to a tailor on Silom near Saladaeng and asked him to make an exact copy but with a larger waist. Not a difficult procedure, you'd think. For whatever reason, he just could not get the collar and shoulder right (no, I'm not in the Quasimodo league). Everything he tried resulted in glaring creases along the top of the back. I finally gave up. and am still wearing the old ones (holding my gut in whenever possible)!. Perhaps I'd have been better not asking for copies.

One caution for those who go further and want pants or suits made here. My experience is that, unless you are really slim, the tailors will never allow enough material for the shoulders and crotch. The result will look great when you are standing up, but you will certainly 'feel' it when you sit down or stretch your arms. Make sure you have a at least two fittings if you want a good suit, and don't expect it to be ready in 24 hours.

Guest beadie

actually there are quite a few decent tailors in thailand/bangkok/pattaya in general..but you just have to know where to go! I've had some horrible suits done and then..great suits done..so now..its very easy. Once you find yourself a reasonable place, its all good.

Guest HeyGay

They made me a beautiful shirt that fit perfectly. It was very well designed and I can see that great care went into it. The cost was less than 1,000 bath. A great deal for a hand made shirt.

Wow was it silk, I use to go to the first floor of the Royal Garden Plaza to have my wonderful Silk Shirts made for 1000 baht, I think may be you should look around, unless you have put weight on again and need extra girth?blush.gif

Guest beadie

Another place to suggest in Bangkok would be Crown Tailors on sukhumvit 8. They do a good job with me for a reasonable price too. Excellent service thats for sure!