Guest LChicago

Gay Hotels in Pattaya

Guest LChicago

I have stayed in Howard's Guest House near the Soi Sunee area in the past and enjoyed the hotel but hope to find other alternatives to this hotel. What other gay owned hotels are in the area? I spend time between Sunee and Boyztown and rarely go to Jomtien at night although I do go there some during the day. I do not want to spend more than 1500 baht per night for a room.

In Boyztown, there is The Ambiance and Le Café Royale. In Jomtien Complex there is The Venue, Poseidon, and Ganymede. Around Sunee Plaza there is the Don Plaza, the Marina Inn, Two Guys, and several others, all gay.

For more details about what's available at Sunee plaza see:

http://www.suneeplaza.info/cgi-bin/page.pl?p=home

Guest voldemar

I am not quite sure why in places like Pattaya people insist in staying in gay hotels.

During recent years I prefer to stay in nongay hotels in Pattaya. For the same money you can get better service, better facilities, better flexibility in location, frequently a lot of gay stuff . It does not effect ones ability to bring an overnight guest of legal age.

I am not quite sure why in places like Pattaya people insist in staying in gay hotels

First, where do you see anyone "insisting" upon staying in gay hotels?

Few people on this board are more familiar with Pattaya and the available accommodations than I, but I would still choose, not insist, to stay in gay hotels if they are available even if my budget would allow for the most luxurious accommodations in town. The gay hotels here are either in the heart of, or within very close proximity to the gay venues. I also prefer to stay with my peer group. I have yet to see heterosexual men or couples choosing to stay in gay hotels and I'm far more comfortable staying where gay is the norm, where the staff is accustomed to catering to gay men, and where I can easily converse and make friends with other guests who are also gay. I'm looking for more than just the ability to bring in "guests."

Guest voldemar

I also prefer to stay with my peer group.

It is ,perhaps, not surprising that my peer group different from yours.

The poster stated the he only wanted to stay in gay hotels. This may not be "insisting" but he did exclude everything else.

I agree with the rest of your statement. Personally, I like spending my money in gay venues. I don't do it as often as I should. But, I do appreciate it when others do.

The poster stated the he only wanted to stay in gay hotels. This may not be "insisting" but he did exclude everything else.

Did he? Are we reading the same post? I see:

What other gay owned hotels are in the area?

If somewhere he said he's excluding everything else, I missed it. In any case, I don't see any indication that he is "insisting' on anything. How does simply asking about other gay hotels become insisting?

There's no need to bicker about whether or not people should stay in gay hotels.

If Voldemar would like to recommend some non-gay hotels in the sub 1500 price range, I and others would be very interested to read those specific recommendations. The more GOOD hotel recommendations, the better.

Having said that, I have a slight preference for gay hotels. Then we do not have to endure horrible high pitched voices. Or black looks from any homophobic customers. Neither are show stoppers though.

Also, many gay websites list all the gay hotels. However, they don't tend to contain customer reviews, so it's perfectly reasonable to ask for advice here.

The Ambience is nice & will just be within your price range, if you stay away from the more expensive rooms.

Two Guys is good value and has excellent service in the cafe area. However I would prefer to see some fresh duvet covers.

Guest travelerjim

The Venue in Jomtien Complex is an excellent choice...

like new rooms...tastefully furnished and with elevator and small pool.

About 1,200 - 1,400 baht nightly...low season specials about 990 baht.

The Bondi on the beach...Dongtan Beach walkway..has room sign up..

even NOW...available for 800 baht nightly...great management. Stairs..

Low season usually about 600 baht and front sea view room 900 baht.

Two Guys Guesthouse...close to Sunne area...stairs...

well managed with excellent breakfasts - about 700-800 baht range.

Howards Hotel - soi VC - close to Sunee...elevator...now 600 baht night; 1,500 larger room; low season 500 baht nightly. Short time room 300 baht.

Ganeymede in Jomtien Complex...nice, newer rooms, stairs, about 650 baht...low season as low as 450 baht night.

So many good choices...Enjoy your stay in Pattaya.

tj

I am wondering, why Tui's Place isn't mentioned, we (3 Swiss) are

just back from 3-weeks holiday there and I must say its one of the

best place we ever stayed in Thailand. Tui is a very generous host AND a good cook and Neil (english) his 'guest-relations-manager' will fullfill you every wish :D . The rooms are spacious (our was more than 50 sqm) with sea-view and balcony, comfortable, clean and

tastefully furnished! www.tuisplace com <greetings from Kurt

Guest beachlover

I think it's because Tui's Place is in Jomtien and the OP was looking for somewhere near Boyztown and Sunee Plaza.

But I agree, Tui's Place is great. Only downside is it's a little bit of a walk (5 minutes) to the main road. Those suites on the top levels are huge aren't they? They really should put a big jacuzzi in them. I'd pay 1,000 more for a room with a jacuzzi... especially if it overlooks the beach.

Great to hear you had a great holiday at last, Kurt/Pudel!...

I think it's because Tui's Place is in Jomtien and the OP was looking for somewhere near Boyztown and Sunee Plaza.

But I agree, Tui's Place is great. Only downside is it's a little bit of a walk (5 minutes) to the main road. Those suites on the top levels are huge aren't they? They really should put a big jacuzzi in them. I'd pay 1,000 more for a room with a jacuzzi... especially if it overlooks the beach.

Great to hear you had a great holiday at last, Kurt/Pudel!...

Thank you Beachlover, we really enjoyed it there :D Tui and Neil are customising the place permanently, maybe they take the

idea with the jacuzzi :rolleyes: greetings from icecold Switzerland

Guest beachlover

Great!... Tell them to put a jacuzzi in! Preferably on the balcony if viable out there.

Just think of sitting in a bubbly jacuzzi making out with a cute boy in that warm tropical weather...

:)

It's not a long walk if you walk along the beach to 7/11. If you walk to Thrappaya Rd. It's a bit of a trek.

You are right and staying at Tui's Place you are also allowed

to cross the Jomtien Complex and then you are in 5 minutes at

the PanPan Restaurant :) <Kurt

Rooms Club at next door with Tui's has jacuzzi and rainforest shower at balcony

Room Club is a strange place, we had construction noise while

our 3-weeks stay at Tui's :angry: then they had a re-opening

party and 2 days later the reburbishment was going on. The room

I saw in looked very dark und the 'jaccuzzi' on the balcony also

not very inviting although the room rates goes from 2000 to 5000

Baht :o (Neil told us this construction noise is going on since July 2010) :excl: <Kurt

Room Club is a strange place, we had construction noise while

our 3-weeks stay at Tui's :angry: then they had a re-opening

party and 2 days later the reburbishment was going on. The room

I saw in looked very dark und the 'jaccuzzi' on the balcony also

not very inviting although the room rates goes from 2000 to 5000

Baht :o (Neil told us this construction noise is going on since July 2010) :excl: <Kurt

We spend 5 days at the begin of July in Rooms and 5 days in Tui's in best rooms of each - 1-st floor (both rooms are just wall-to-wall). So I can compare both guesthouses.

Tui's - is more friendly, better kitchen, more simple rooms. In Tui's we got fire training when lighting system in our room started to burn and emit smog to room from under-cells. Shortcircut followed to that turn off all electricity in hotel then :) As well bathroom in Tui's was much more simple and looked more older (in fact it looks like bathroom from 500-Bath-guesthouse). There are not too much space at balcony and no roof - so at daylight is very hard to sit long time at balcony - too hot. One more detail - bed was very nice and soft, but made many noise :) Price was 1200 Baht + 300 baht for 3-d person.

Rooms - more moderm style, more chick room, very clean bathroom. Yes stone jacuzzi in balcony isn't modern, but we spent a lot of time in it. And balcony has roof and "screens" by sides - so you can spend hot time in shadow. Room's staff wasn't so friendly like it was in Tui's. Breakfast was much more expensive than in Tui's. Price was 1600 baht + 300 baht for 3-d person. In first half of July there were no construction noise in Rooms.

Guest beachlover

I reckon more places should put (nice) jacuzzis on their balconies or at least up against the window (if there's a nice view)... it's such a sexy feature and a really nice way to chill out and get to know someone.

We spend 5 days at the begin of July in Rooms and 5 days in Tui's in best rooms of each - 1-st floor (both rooms are just wall-to-wall). So I can compare both guesthouses.

Tui's - is more friendly, better kitchen, more simple rooms. In Tui's we got fire training when lighting system in our room started to burn and emit smog to room from under-cells. Shortcircut followed to that turn off all electricity in hotel then :) As well bathroom in Tui's was much more simple and looked more older (in fact it looks like bathroom from 500-Bath-guesthouse). There are not too much space at balcony and no roof - so at daylight is very hard to sit long time at balcony - too hot. One more detail - bed was very nice and soft, but made many noise :) Price was 1200 Baht + 300 baht for 3-d person.

Rooms - more moderm style, more chick room, very clean bathroom. Yes stone jacuzzi in balcony isn't modern, but we spent a lot of time in it. And balcony has roof and "screens" by sides - so you can spend hot time in shadow. Room's staff wasn't so friendly like it was in Tui's. Breakfast was much more expensive than in Tui's. Price was 1600 baht + 300 baht for 3-d person. In first half of July there were no construction noise in Rooms.

Hi Moses, Neil didn't give me an exactly date when construciont

noise in July began :unsure: We also stayed in one of Tuis

best room wall to wall with Room Club. I suppose the bathroom

has been refurbished in the meantime, I would give him at least

3* for Thai levels (we have been in many places around Thailand,

(gay and non-gay places, 3+4*)and dont forget the rates at Room

Club 2000 gardensite + till 5000 Bahts seaside :o

Ok, I agree with you what 5000 isn't fair price and it is overpriced :)

By the way: did you check Ef's massage?

Unfortunately not, maybe we wouldn't be so disappointed about the massages in Jomtien :rolleyes: after having so many good

massages in Chiang Mai <greetings from snowing, icecold Switzerland <Kurt

Guest beachlover

Ah... I used to know a really good masseur in Pattaya - Wut from Civathome Massage (corner Second Rd and South Pattaya Rd) - but someone commented he went to join the army a few months ago. I wish he could work on my calves everyday...