TotallyOz

Thai Elite Card

I was sitting at the beach yesterday when someone told me there was an article in the Post about the Thaii Elite Card being "dramaticallly" reduced. I was interested so I read the article. I then contacted the Thai Elite guys and their response was the article was incorrect and that they had no idea why they printed the article. Anyone else heard different?

The article was mildly interesting. I see that, a mere, 1700 have been sold to date.

Now, someone on the beach told me that they were being discounted, and a reduced price (c 300,000 baht) could be paid over several years.

Sorry but I have no idea where or how or even if true.

I had a look at the Elite Card web site. There was nothing there about a price reduction.

I've never really understood the point of owning the Elite Card. I don't see how the privileges are worth the price of the card.

I remember when the card first came out there was some talk that the card would allow foreigners to own property in their own name in Thailand, including houses, and that might have been a consideration, but I have never seen anything on their web site that indicates any validity to the idea of property ownership.

If you want to check the web site, the URL is: http://www.thailandelite.com/index.php