Guest catawampuscat

Farang Logic........

Guest catawampuscat

Here are a couple that come to mind:

1- It is perfectly ok and normal to ask a boy you met minutes ago personal quetions, such as

are you gay?.. Okay, the farangs bought the boy a drink but could you imagine when you were

18 or 20, if a complete stranger asked you such personal questions and if the stranger was someone you could not even conceive of wanting to be intimidate with..

2- It is perfectly ok to fondle a bar boy you met seconds ago without asking or looking for permission..Can you imagine what would happen in the West.. But, hey, I am going to buy him a drink and he likes it..And , I am not really taking advantage of the situation and being abusive...

3- It is perfectly ok to lie to the boys to get what you want.After, they will lie to you to get what they want.. I know of many farangs who promise the world and refuse to answer emails..

4- It is ok to get as fat as possible as the boys only love my money..Same logic for drinking binges

sitting for hours getting plastered nightly..

5- It is perfectly ok to go after other farangs boys as all is fair in love and war..It is not okay for

another farang to pursue my boy or any boy that I take a fancy to..

I could go on and on but think it would be more interesting if someone else has any examples....

I am sure the difference between them and us , is they work " a team " behind all of us.

They help each other and talk about us just to be in track of what's up around their town. I have no doubts about that.

But for the farang, that's an other story. It can be a real drama story. I have witness it and was amazed on how cruel mean and Fake some can be.

What I see when two are fighting for a boy " That's the boy who is the winner " :lol:

Ok, here's my favorite, and I see it all too often:

1. "Farang" who spend large amounts of money for airline tickets to come to Thailand, stay at good hotels, eat at fine restaurants, drink enough alcohol to put King Kong under the table, and then save money by cheating the boy they "offed" out of a decent tip.

Ok, here's my favorite, and I see it all too often:

1. "Farang" who spend large amounts of money for airline tickets to come to Thailand, stay at good hotels, eat at fine restaurants, drink enough alcohol to put King Kong under the table, and then save money by cheating the boy they "offed" out of a decent tip.

Gaybutton, I could not agree more. I have a Thai boy that works at a bar. He met a farang and took him to Luxor for dinner and then out to Hollywood Disco and back to the hotel at night. He boy spent the night and the next morning the farang gave him 700 baht. The boy took it and smiled and left. The next night I was at the boys bar when the farang came back to get him. The boy said he had plans and would not go off with him. The farang got up and caused a scene. Finally, the farang said but I spent so much money on you last night. Truth is, most boys could care less where you take them to eat or where you go. They are working for the money, not a good time at Luxor or another fine eatery. When you pay a guy who stayed with you less than your bottle of wine, you should feel ashamed!

That, Gay Thailand, is an excellent point. "Farang" need to understand that these boys are working for a living, and they get damned little money as it is. If a boy is lucky, the bar might pay him 3000 baht per month. Some bars don't pay these boys at all, and the only income these boys have is what they make from being taken "off."

Once the boy pays his share of the rent (many live with several other boys because they can't afford privacy, and they usually live in a tenement-type hovel that no "farang" would want to even have nightmares about), that doesn't leave him much to even eat the rest of the month, let alone normal cost of living expenses.

You are absolutely right. The boy might enjoy the disco, a restaurant, a gift, etc, but that's not what he's there for. "farang" are supposed to treat him as if they were on a date, but the tip he receives should be no less than 1000 baht. If he spends the night with you, then he should receive no less than 1500 baht. That's the going rate in Pattaya and that's why the boy goes "off" with a "farang" in the first place.

I don't get the thinking of some "farang." Do these people truly believe that these boys live under those conditions because they enjoy dancing almost naked in front of old men, in hopes of a free meal, a night at the disco, and a US $15 tip for having sex and spending the night? Give me a break. This is their job. This is what they depend on for their income and to simply live. Just like "farang," they want to be paid appropriately for their work, and having sex with an old-timer is their work. They are not there for pleasure, despite the fact that the "farang" are.

I can guarantee one thing. Given a choice of either the restaurant and disco, along with a crummy tip, or a good tip without the restaurant and disco, do people out there really need me to tell them the boy will want the tip instead of the night out?

I'll give you something else to think about. A restaurant such as Luxor does indeed have the finest food . . . "farang" food. Most Thai boys are not used to that kind of food and don't even like it. If you want to take the boy to dinner, how about letting him decide where to eat? If he gives you the usual "up to you" respnse when talking about where to eat, then at least take him somewhere that has Thai food that he can enjoy.

So, this "farang" made a scene when the boy didn't want to go with him a second time. Maybe he would have done better to give some thought as to why the boy didn't want to go with him a second time.

I wish some people out there would think with their brains instead of their crotch..

Guest jomtien

You are absolutely right. The boy might enjoy the disco, a restaurant, a gift, etc, but that's not what he's there for. "farang" are supposed to treat him as if they were on a date, but the tip he receives should be no less than 1000 baht. If he spends the night with you, then he should receive no less than 1500 baht. That's the going rate in Pattaya and that's why the boy goes "off" with a "farang" in the first place.

Treat him as if it were a date? This is a prostitute, a paid sexual encounter, a business transaction....not a date. And when did Emily Post decide the going rate in Pattaya was 1500B ? Did I miss the announcement?

"Treat him as if it were a date? This is a prostitute, a paid sexual encounter, a business transaction....not a date. And when did Emily Post decide the going rate in Pattaya was 1500B ? Did I miss the announcement?"

Welcome to the boards Jomptien. I see you are new and this is your first post. Welcome. Since you are new, you may have missed the announcment. 1500 for an overnight is the minimum somone should tip someone in Pattaya. There was a big meeting about this in Boyztown. It was a up or down vote and majority rules. The votes for the Yea won and the 1500 baht rate was set. I apologize for not sending you a memo. :)

Well, Jomtien, if you want to treat these boys as if they are dirt and want to behave as if you are somehow better than they are, that's your affair. Yes, you should treat him as if you are on a date. What reason do you have not to treat him that way? How do you think he should be treated? From the tone of your message, I get the impression that you think the boy ought to be treated like a piece of scum, to be used, discarded and deprived of even a decent tip. If that actually describes your attitude, then I'm glad I don't share it.

Emily Post has nothing to do with the going rate. It's common knowledge. Ask any of these boys. Ask the mama-sans. Ask the bar owners. That is the amount these boys expect and deserve. How much do you believe is appropriate and on what do you base your belief?

Guest wowpow

I was intererested to read Gaythailand's message. It shows tha difference in outlook between Thais and Farangs.

A Thai boy sees his 'tip' as essential and no amount of fine wining, dining, entertainment or even presents should infringe. He has a mental idea of what range of tips are reasonable thought often there is no upper limit. For him to be happy he needs a tip in this region. Of course, he cannot tell the farang the usual fee as that would make him loose face.

The virgin farang is not aware of the Thais thinking and if he takes a boy out and spends a fair bit of money on him he thinks the boy will like that. He may have been told that Sunee Plaza boys get Bt500 and he tipped Bt700 to be generous. It is quite difficult to find out what is a reasonable tip. Even reading the message boards you find many divergent views.

It seems a sad story as the farang would probably have paid a reasonable tip if had known what was appropriate. He obviously liked the boy as he went to see him again.

Let's enter the minefield. What does one tip a boy from a bar in Sunee Plaza? I have people that I know who are very mean and only pay boys Bt500 or less and still have boys knocking on their condo door. Better friends tell me that about Bt800 is right for short time 2 - 3 hours. Overnight must be more maybe Bt1000? RThere again the boys expectations will vary depending on the customers apparent wealth. Does the Royal Cliff guest pay more than the Howards one?

The only one strong guideline that I have found was Turning Point in Bangkok. They charged for years Bt1500 and possibly still do, for the off fee and the boys tip inclusive. It was considered a very smart top drawer bar.

Hopefully the boy makes the customer happy and the customer makes the boy happy.

Let's enter the minefield. What does one tip a boy from a bar in Sunee Plaza? I have people that I know who are very mean and only pay boys Bt500 or less and still have boys knocking on their condo door. Better friends tell me that about Bt800 is right for short time 2 - 3 hours. Overnight must be more maybe Bt1000? RThere again the boys expectations will vary depending on the customers apparent wealth. Does the Royal Cliff guest pay more than the Howards one?

I think you have a good point TeePee. I do understand that many people distinguish between Sunee Plaza and Boyztown. I understand this. I pay the same rate for all guys in Thailand. I tell them I will pay 1,000 baht for a short time and I do tip 200-300 depending on how good they were. I also give them motorbike taxi to return home. I don't do overnights too often but when I do, I pay them 1500 baht minimum. I pay the same price for guys in Sunee as I do other places. I am very upfront with the boys I take off and I tell them what I will pay in advance if it is someplace I am not known. If I go to a bar I frequent, I don't have to discuss these things. I also treat them with respect and offer then drinks and food to eat. Last week I offered a guy something to drink and he asked for wine. I opened up a bottle of wine. Should I have taken that out of his fee? NO.

I guess everyone comes to the table with different expectations and experiences. I have sat around with Thai boys who talk about the cheap farangs who only pay 500 baht. Don't fool yourself and think that the boys don't talk bad about this. They do. They talk about us as much as we talk about them. I also know that the farangs that pay the 500 baht knocking at their door. Many think it is because a boy likes them so much. Actually, they are broke and need cash. When in a crunch, they have to do what they need to do to make ends meet. That does not mean that someone should take advantage of this. I have heard many farangs say, "rent is due and I'll get the boys cheap this week as they are hungry." How sick. This is just my two cents worth and I know not the majority opinion.

Guest jomtien

Gaybutton must have access to posts that I don't. He said to me

Well, Jomtien, if you want to treat these boys as if they are dirt and want to behave as if you are somehow better than they are, that's your affair.

What I said, and ALL I said was

Treat him as if it were a date? This is a prostitute, a paid sexual encounter, a business transaction....not a date

Where exactly did I say I was better than they were, or treated them like dirt? Feel free to assume what you like about how I treat the boys but remember, you don't KNOW. And again I say, IT'S NOT A DATE. :)

Guest takesall

"Treat him as if it were a date? This is a prostitute, a paid sexual encounter, a business transaction....not a date. And when did Emily Post decide the going rate in Pattaya was 1500B ? Did I miss the announcement?"

I completely agree with you jomtien. the boy is a prostitute.

Its up to the punter what he gets paid or at best, the boy and the punterr might have come to some agreement.

I have a painter in my condo at the moment and he is paid 295 Baht per day. My condo cost 12,000,000.

Because I have a relatively expensive condo should I pay him 1000 baht per day? The value of the wine in the fridge or the cost of the paint is irrelevent.

A bar boy is usually uneducated and pimped most oftten by aging farangs. Let not these pimps start to dictate the price of the tip. These pimps could offer proper health insurance, full medicals and pensions etc They charge a mark-up of up to 1500% on drinks and then have a bar fine (off-fee) of 200 baht or more. Now they want to tell the punters what the tip is? I even hear that some of these pimps refuse to give free condoms to the boys unless they are provided by a charity etc.

Boys Town versus Sunee - well of course the boys in Boys Town all have degrees and are free of sexual diseases. Of course the boys in sunee never work in boys Town or vice versa. Who cares they are all there for money aren't they?

gaybutton, do you really think these prostitutes deserve 3 times a nurses salary or 4 times a teachers salary? Maybe to sleep with you they do but please speak for yourself.

I pay 1000-1200 THB short time and 1500-2000 THB. I treat and tip a bar boy from Sunee the same as a bar boy from Boyztown or Soi Twilight. Apparently some folks think there is a different standard, I don't. I don't pick-up m free-lancers from the beach, Walking Street, Lumpinii Park, etc. but my friends will tip them 500-800 THB.

"And again I say, IT'S NOT A DATE."....well maybe not. But in the words of Elisa Doolittle "...the difference between a gutter snipe and a lady is the way their treated".

Guest fishing

Having started off amusingly, the post on farang logic appears to have degenerated to no logic at all. I have not previously read Gay Button's board, but had presumed from the many references to it and to him that his advice would be logical and well founded; that does not seem to be the case here:

"Farang" need to understand that these boys are working for a living, and they get damned little money as it is. If a boy is lucky, the bar might pay him 3000 baht per month. Some bars don't pay these boys at all, and the only income these boys have is what they make from being taken "off."

1500 for an overnight is the minimum someone should tip someone in Pattaya. there was a big meeting about this in Boyztown.

Presumably the bars that "don't pay these boys at all" were included in the "big meeting in Boyztown" that "set" the tip at 1500 baht. If so, no further comment is necessary.

Once the boy pays his share of the rent (many live with several other boys because they can't afford privacy, and they usually live in a tenement-type hovel that no "farang" would want to even have nightmares about), that doesn't leave him much to even eat the rest of the month, let alone normal cost of living expenses.

Surely that indicates either that the tip is not as high as set (recommended?), or that the bar boys are getting very few offs - if the latter, maybe it is because the prices are too high and customers are going elsewhere.

"farang" are supposed to treat him as if they were on a date, but the tip he receives should be no less than 1000 baht. If he spends the night with you, then he should receive no less than 1500 baht. That's the going rate in Pattaya and that's why the boy goes "off" with a "farang" in the first place.

This really is strange logic - either he is on a "date", or it is a "job" for which he is paid a reasonable (agreed?) rate and, naturally, treated with respect (not necessarily the same thing as a date!) - it cannot be both, unless the customer is deluding himself completely.

Given a choice of either the restaurant and disco, along with a crummy tip, or a good tip without the restaurant and disco, do people out there really need me to tell them the boy will want the tip instead of the night out?

At last, some insight and sound advice!

Emily Post has nothing to do with the going rate. It's common knowledge. Ask any of these boys. Ask the mama-sans. Ask the bar owners. That is the amount these boys expect and deserve.

Common knowledge amongst bar owners and mama-sans it may be, but obviously it is not what many boys expect or accept, or they would clearly not be going with "cheap farangs" for less.

Last week I offered a guy something to drink and he asked for wine. I opened up a bottle of wine. Should I have taken that out of his fee? NO.

If the bar boys are getting a taste for wine, maybe that explains why a 1500 baht tip is needed!

I have heard many farangs say, "rent is due and I'll get the boys cheap this week as they are hungry." How sick. This is just my two cents worth and I know not the majority opinion.

Agreed, it is sick, but without these sickies the boys concerned would still be hungry.

This discussion could go on for ever, achieving nothing. I cannot comment on the specific "going rate" as I have not "offed" for a few years (I have no present need to), but if I do I will not be opening a bottle of wine for my "date", nor will I be asking the bar owner or mama-san for their advice; instead I will pay a rate with which both of us are happy, which will ensure that I can off the same boy or others from the same bar again, which is commensurate with the service given, and which is not imposed on me - exactly as I and most others I know have always done.

Guest pete1969

You know, there are times when I want a boy for a date: someone to eat with me or go to bars and/or karaoke with me. There are other times that I just want a quick off. I always treat the boys respectfully, and that is what matters to them.

I will always (short or long time) ask the boy if he is hungry as soon as we leave the bar. If he is hungry, we will get something from a street vendor usually (some of the boys in BKK like the McDonalds). A few times, I've ordered room service. The reason I do this is to be nice. However, an ulterior motive is to make sure the boy is not hungry, so he can perform well, and to relax the boy. Obviously a farang who offers him something to eat is probably a nice enough guy.

My ex bf was a barboy (a cabaret dancer), and I have many friends who work in the bars in Phuket. 1,000 short time is expected as a base tip. 1300 to 2000 is expected for long time (although most boys I know don't like to stay long time). Of course, always up to you. Thais pay less. Good customers can get away with paying less sometimes.

The post about the big meeting was meant as a joke, I think. However, the 1000 st and the 1500 lt is a good rule of thumb for most places in LOS. You won't go wrong with that. GB is right on the money on that one.

Pete

Guest catawampuscat

After responding to takesall silly post on rights etc..I see I should have treated him better..

After all, his condo cost 12 Million baht and he is a punter..I am so impressed but funny isn't it

that he felt the need to tell all of us the price Nobody cares !!

The worst and most tedious of farangs are the ones who tell you how much money they have

and if it is significant , then brag about how little they pay the boys.. When I run into these lowlifes, I turnoff..I don't understand the pleasure some get from cheating poor people and using them..

I know of one farang who had another farang open a boys bag and retrieve (steal) the money he had given the boy earlier.. Both of these Brits are lowlifes and they know who they are...

Gaybutton has one mindset and takeshit has a very different one.. Most us who live here

realize at some point that the johns and the prostitutes are all just people and some of us

are great and fun to know and some of us are lowlife scum and to be avoided..

I know some farangs who see the boys as just holes to be filled and some see the boys as potential life mates and treat them with respect as fellow human beings..

I pity the farangs who are narrow minded and cannot see beyond the labels and in this world you get back what you give out.. Sure, sometimes you get shafted but if you don't take a chance, you will certainly life a very boring dull life..

Everyone is different and no one is going to change anyone's mindset in a thread...

Obviously I am going to agree with Catawampuscat. I am disappointed in the attitude that other posters seem to be taking. They seem to be saying these boys are nothing but prostitutes, so just treat them like sex objects, give them as little money as possible, and too bad about anything else.

Well, I don't see it that way and I think my logic is perfectly reasonable. The going rate is the going rate. I didn't set that rate, but that's the rate people are expected to pay. If you want to pay less than that, there's really not much these these boys can do about it. To me, comparing the money these boys get to painters, teachers, or whatever, is absurd. The painters and teachers chose their work and knew the amount of money they would be paid. These boys also chose their work and they know the expected rate. Apparently, some readers here think they ought to pay a lot less and they try to justify paying less. Good. Go ahead. Brag about all your money and brag about how little you can get away with paying these boys. Go right ahead and justify paying them 500 baht instead of 1000 or 1500 baht. After all, these boys are only prostitutes being pimped out, right? So, take them for your personal pleasure and give them squat for it. Do that right after you leave your pleasant, air conditioned hotel room, after having your gourmet dinner, your drinks and your wine. What a wonderful attitude.

Also, I never said you are going out on a date. I said to treat the boys as if it was a date. That's what I think any decent person would do. Evidently, some out there have a different concept of decency.

Guest jomtien

I must have different kinds of dates than you do Gaybutton. Mine usually involve dinner, perhaps a movie after which we might discuss the plot, sharing background information, life goals, whatever. Followed possibly by sex.

My encounters with off boys are quite different. Usually dinner, perhaps a movie after which we discuss the car crashes, him not understanding my background, whatever. Followed definately by sex.

You know, it is quite possible to go with a prostitute, knowing he's a prostitute, not forgetting he's a prostitute, and still treating him well. Yes, they choose their work. Do not, however say it's "up to you" in one breath and "there's a going rate " in another. Quite frankly, I have no desire to know when their rent is due. My employer never once asked me about my living situation and I survived.

You are wrong when you say "these boys are only prostitutes being pimped out". They are prostitutes being pimped out, but they are not ONLY that.

My logic is simply to pay the boys a minimum fee no matter where you are in Thailand. 1000 Baths for short time + tips. That's barely 20 bucks back home. You can't beat that at all.

Those paying less are either clueless of the normal rate a boy should be paid, or they will learn with time (not their fault really), or they can simply be really dirty CHEAP. I have seen it happen and I don

People like that are going to come up with all kinds of reasons to rationalize their own cheapness. However, no matter what they say they are arguing that it is justifiable to give these boys a pittance for what they do. The standard is 1000 baht for short time and 1500 baht for long time, and that has been the standard for years. If anything, due to inflation the tip amount ought to be more. Just about everyone who has experience in Thailand knows the going rate and I think these people know it too. But they want to use these boys for sex, give them practically nothing, and go home feeling good about themselves. The kindest way I can put it is that I do not share that attitude.

Guest jomtien

The situation would improve if the boys simply would not go off for anything less than their expected tip. I know boys who stick to their rates and I suspect they now have more money than I do.

Guest fishing

The standard is 1,000 baht for short time and 1,500 baht for long time and that has been the standard for years.

No it has not!! As I said previously I have not offed for three years and so cannot comment from personal experience on recent changes, but there has simply not been a standard for years, nor should there be now.

Theirs is a service industry and to impose or try to set a standard charge is as pointless as setting a standard charge for a meal without considering whether you are dining at the Royal Cliff or a noodle stall.

Two examples of extremes spring to mind.

Around twenty years ago, when I first came here on holiday, Philip Morris (apparently the Philip Morris of Marlboro, etc, but who knows) used to tip 10,000 baht for a short time in Super A, Bangkok; more recently he was doing the same in Star Boys, Pattaya when under Frank, its first owner. The only exception I saw myself was when a boy failed to perform as required (and I have no idea what was required!), when the tip was reduced to 8,000 baht. Did it get him any better service or respect? Yes, visibly, from the management, but equally visibly not from the boys.

Soon after my own boyfriend came to Pattaya he was offed from the massage establishment where he worked. They flew to Chiang Mai for a four day holiday and when they returned to Pattaya he was given a tip of 400 baht. Rather naievely he did not query it, but reasoned that the customer probably thought (wrongly) that he was getting part of the off fee (1,000 baht per day), that he had had a chance to fly for the first time, had enjoyed the holiday, and that the customer, a London bus driver, was not as well off as others. They stayed in touch by e-mail for a while (this was before we met) and he was very happy to get an SMS from him after the tsunami checking that he was allright.

The "big meeting" may or may not be a joke - it certainly happened in Phuket a few years ago when a fee of 1,000 baht was fixed across the bars. Price fixing only ever benefits big business and fixing the prices of drinks, offs, tips, etc in Boyztown only benefits the owners of the bigger bars, not the other bars and not many of the boys.

There can be no "standard" tip as long as there are no standard boys, standard customers or standard services - and just to judge from the posters here this can vary from going bowling, to a date and a glass of wine, to just sex (with all the variables that entails!).

Nobody, at least so far, has suggested that the boys should be paid a pittance or treated as some form of low-life; to do so would be both distasteful and very short-sighted. It would be equally wrong and short-sighted to treat them all as if they were honouring you with their company and then paying over the odds for the imagined privilege.

"The standard is 1,000 baht for short time and 1,500 baht for long time and that has been the standard for years.

No it has not!! As I said previously I have not offed for three years and so cannot comment from personal experience on recent changes, but there has simply not been a standard for years, nor should there be now."......Sorry fishing that has been rate since I started coming to LOS in 1998. This was the boy's "expectation" as explained to me by my farang friends and not some edict from a big Boyztown meeting (surely made jest). You commented you hadn't "offed" in three years so now you know. Perhaps you have a problem with the word "standard" and maybe "suggested minimum" would work better for you. I do agree in not paying for "poor" service and this has happened only once or twice many years ago. A muscular boy from the Tawan bar seemed to think all he had to do was lay on the bed and chuck wow. I gave him taxi money and showed him the door.

Like everything else expect market forces to raise the "suggested minimum" in the not too distant future. I have friends who now pay regularly 2000 THD for short time and I ask why? Their response is their recent financial circumstances allow them to so they do. One ex-pat farang also sponsors the education 3 or 4 boys.

Guest wowpow

As with most things, Thailand does it differently. Most places in the World the sex worker/brothel/agency sets the price. This is regulated by market forces to some degree. I think that most people don't tip unless the experience has been exceptional. For US$200 an hour one expects a reasonable performance. Just reading the Escort reviews on CFS, it seems that most people are pleased.

Here in Thailand it seems that the customer sets the price. Even when he tips really meanly the polite Thai cannot say anything but won't go with that customer again.

I hear of many stories of mean farangs. One used to be very specific about his requirements and fee of Bt500. The boy agreed and was offed. none of his boys ever pleased him enough to get the full 500. Eventually bars started banning him and he relaxed this regime.

I know of one charming man who only ever tips Bt300 and droves of boys like him. He does speak fluent Thai and is very romantic.

Some time ago I was mad for a guy who had stopped working in bars. He used to tell me many stories about his customers. One took him to the Suriwong Hotel and they did the business. The guy said "oh I'm sorry I left my money in the car - wait here a moment" and never came back. The boy saw him a couple of weeks later and 6' of muscleman demanded his money and got it.

This guy worked at Harry's Bar in Silom Soi 2. Once he was told to go to a room at a smart hotel. He went and received a tip of Bt50,000. The next day he say the guy on the front page of the newspapers. He was a Government Minister.

Another friend of mine was tipped Bt20,000 by a wealthy Thai guy. He only saw him once and it was on the boys birthday so the guy was very generous.

A few years back I was on Rama IV very late and a boy said "Please take me home, I go with you Bt200 as I have no money" I took him and found out that he worked some bar on Suckhumvit and they had few customers. He was a delight and received an overgenerous tip.

The only tipping guideline that stays in my mind is from Turning Point Bar on Suckhumvit. This was considered a very 'upmarket' bar in it's day. They had the unusual policy of charging for the off and tip before you took a boy and the inclusive price was Bt1500. I presumed Bt300 for the bar and Bt1200 for the boy.

There are Escort Agencies in Bangkok who charge Bt5000 up for their guys. I'll never forget being at the Dusit Pattaya at the buffet one Saturday. There was a short fat rich looking guy with three of the most gorgeous boys imaginable. They all went to the buffet together and when they did conversation stopped throughout the restaurant.

My conclusion is that there are reasonable tips and unreasonable ones but these can vary in the mind of the service worker and the customer between Bt200 and Bt50,000 for commercial sex. There are, of course, those whores in Babylon doing it for free!