Guest fountainhall

The New "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie

Guest fountainhall

I took a Thai friend to see the iMax 3-D version of the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides yesterday. The theatre at Paragon was all but empty for the 2:00 pm showing, but then the computers were down for quite some time and I saw a lot of people moving over to the non-3-D cinema across the hallway.

I loved the movie

I loved the movie's opening. Thereafter I felt it lacked some of the thrust and pacing of the earlier episodes in the sequel. But the 3-D effect was splendid and my young friend just adored it all. If you want to impress someone, that's the place to go!

Loved the first one, the second was okay. This version, other then the appearance of Keith Richards (who easily looks like he has spent his whole life with the sea and sun in his face) hit the boring scale. My BF was unimpressed, but it may be okay if this is the only one anyone saw of the series.

The first of the latest batch of movies in 3D I saw was Thor, but not at an iMax Theater. Wearing spectacles and the 3D glasses was a bit awkward. I could not see clearly without my prescription lenses behind the supplied 3D glasses. I still enjoyed the movie and 3D effect but it would be good if they supplied larger 3D glasses to cover prescription spectacles more effectively. Thanks for the review of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides fountainhall, I will have to wait until I return to Thailand to take a "young friend" to a movie again.

The BF and I go to see many movies. I love them. I enjoyed Pirates but not as much as the first 2. It was visually enjoyable to watch. We took a friend with us who can't watch 3D so I didn't see that version.

Today, we went to see The Hangover 2 which is based in Thailand. It was a barrel of laughs as well. Very enjoyable to watch and nice to see so many things that are familiar about Thailand including ladyboys. :)

Guest fountainhall

Wearing spectacles and the 3D glasses was a bit awkward. I could not see clearly without my prescription lenses behind the supplied 3D glasses.

The iMax screen makes a huge difference, in my view. I wear pretty wide prescription lenses and was concerned, but the 3-D glasses at Paragon were absolutely no problem for me. I first saw a 3-D iMax presentation in New York about 11 years ago. The effect is now better, but I feel the technology still has some way to go to appear 'natural'. But my friend was thrilled!