Guest fountainhall

2011 Taipei Gay Parade: A Blog

Guest fountainhall

A small correction to my Post #8 where I mention that the hot springs are to the east of the city. They are in fact to the west! If any one wants directions, I am happy to post them.

Guest fountainhall

Arrived in Hong Kong this afternoon and on the front page of the paper is a photo of the Hong Kong Gay Pride Parade held yesterday afternoon! I had no idea it was happening! But it seems to have been a very poor sideshow to Taipei's with only 2,000 participants. And apparently there were very few speedos on display :rolleyes:

And apparently there were very few speedos on display :rolleyes:

Well, at least you've seen the main Asian event of the year then. Is Hong Kong still warm enough to wear speedos outside in mid-November?

[seems like my new Avatar has finally appeared. You may recognise it.;) ]

I had no idea it was happening!

Even the best-organised person occasionally gets taken by surprise. It could just as easily worked the other way and be happening tomorrow.

Speedos are fine and I count myself in the 'club' as preferring them to other styles, such as those grotesque swimming trunks that extend beyond the knee and halfway down leg, or baggy cargo-style shorts. Having said that the parade in Taipei was so speedo-friendly you missed a lot of the other styles on parade. So, the silver lining in a speedo-poor parade is you'd get a chance to focus on the range of costumes and other parts of the paraders' anatomy.

Guest fountainhall

[seems like my new Avatar has finally appeared. You may recognise it.;) ]

I asked on another thread if I can now assume I get a royalty every time someone looks at one of your posts :lol:

The weather in Hong Kong on Saturday was around 23 degrees C. It can stay high into the 20s right through to late December/early January, except for the occasional dips with the winter monsoon. I have several times been sunbathing on the gay beach well into December. It's usually around Chinese New Year that the temperature plummets and winter/spring arrives.

Having said that the parade in Taipei was so speedo-friendly you missed a lot of the other styles on parade. So, the silver lining in a speedo-poor parade is you'd get a chance to focus on the range of costumes and other parts of the paraders' anatomy.

Unfortunately, it seems the participants had covered up most of their anatomies. And I'm not so interested in taking pics at what seems to have been largely a fancy dress party sprinkled with a lot of drag queens!

I asked on another thread if I can now assume I get a royalty every time someone looks at one of your posts :lol:

Good idea. I suggest we balance royalties against advertising fees for me publicising your fine work.:blush:

Alas, I see no publicity! Perhaps you should credit "photo by Fountainhall" underneath the avatar, Then we'd be quits :lol:

Editing the avatar once wasn't exactly easy.

Also, making the text legible and not obscuring the juicy bits will be a challenge.

you'll enjoy the juicy bits more :p

Wish there was a way to adorn my avatar Roger's juicy bits with a trendy pair of speedos but alas it would be contrary to his 1950's origins.

Anyway I don't think he'd have the figure to sport them to best advantage biggrin.gif

post-8358-047897800 1321439910.jpg

Guest fountainhall

Come to think of it, the trunks in my avatar need a bit of updating. But changing to one of the Aqux models from my Taipei pics might make me look a bit too 'beachy' :wacko:

Guest fountainhall

Well . . . here are the two I'd consider, with the pink 'S' being the favourite, although I like the wisps of hair and the 'definition' on the red/white one. Mind you, if you look very closely at the pink one, there is a hint that it is hiding something larger than at first seems likely. :o

I'd love to know what 'S' stands for. Supersized? Sensational? Seven Plus? :p

post-1892-097238200 1321511648.jpg

post-1892-060006800 1321511690.jpg

Both are very good options.

As an avatar, I like the pink one, although when viewing the rest of the picture, he's not as cute as the other two.

Also, how about:

&

avatat17nov2.jpg

An unobscured front view of blue & white Arena would be another fine candidate. :wub:

Guest fountainhall

For an avatar, I still like the pink one for its symmetry and hint of more underneath B) ! After a week or two, no-one is going to remember his body or face!

I thought about the orange one, but the original pic is slightly out of focus and it's almost impossible to get the small part of it sharper. Aqux is interesting, and I agree about the blue and white Arena.

I like this one, but would need to photo shop it to get rid of the phone strap.

post-1892-095602000 1321588554.jpg

Also like the rear view of Mr. Pink, but it might convey the wrong idea as to my preferences :o

post-1892-037724100 1321588712.jpg

Guest thaiworthy
Also like the rear view of Mr. Pink, but it might convey the wrong idea as to my preferences :o

Whatever your preferences, I don't think there can be any wrong idea about a rear view of a Thai boy in speedos! :wub:

The cropped rear view of Mr Pink is good avatar material, but I kind of missed it as Mr Pink is quite a large guy & there are more photogenic candidates.

Zoom in on the underwear & it gets better.

Guest fountainhall

Aha! Found a previously unposted pic of Mr. Blue & White arena. Unfortunately, he doesn’t look as flattering as in the earlier photo, but there is a better frontal shot of the arena slip.

post-1892-041433600 1321673185.jpg

post-1892-001998900 1321673208.jpg

Guest fountainhall

The guy in the black trunks deserves a mention for showing just the right amount of butt cheek for walking in the street

But surely that 'award' has to go to Mr. Bushy Tail :p

post-1892-011751500 1321707359.jpg

But surely that 'award' has to go to Mr. Bushy Tail :p

Mr Bushy Tail has a very pleasing outfit, however the best presentation is achieved when there's a constant radius from the covered part to the visible part. This requires a perfectly fitting garment that is neither too tight nor too loose.

I would drop Mr BT one point for having slightly too tight a fit.

Of course, this is very fussy, considering he's gorgeous & welcome to share my bed any time.

A point could be gained by lowering the top of the speedos, so that an inch of butt crack is visible.

Finally, plus one point for a light colour, minus one for black.

Now that the thread completely went on to discuss underwear and swimmwear (not that this would be a bad thing to do!), let me add my two cent. I have an undwear (or swimmwear) fetish, so this is an important subject.

I have been collecting thoughts on underwear (and pictures) for a long time, but still didn't come to a conclusion. But I have to start somewhere.

I don't like the cut of all the aqux, arena, dasics and speedo displayed in the pictures from the Gay Pride Taiwan. Fortunately, I like most of the underwear Thai boys wear (Calvin Klein, aussibum, Gabriel Homme).

I think the cut of aqux, arena, dasics, speedo corroborate the saying that Asians have small dicks. Look at this picture. Is there anything in this swimmwear?

Xa.jpg

I don't like low cuts. On the front, no pubic hair should be visible, on the back, no butt crack. Even though no pubic hair is visible, this one is too low for my taste:

slvmarch2011.jpg

All these aqux, arena, dasics, speedo have a cut that forms more or less a horizontal bar, I prefer a style that could be described as T-sized:

yummy.jpg

(in addition, I like it when the seams and rims have a different colour)

Even though I am not a size queen, you should at least be able to see that there is somthing in the underwear:

6578565_s62339475_20139382fa25.jpg

Here an example for a perfect fit on the but (not to large, not to small):

HYBOYY.jpg

Here an example for a perfect fit on front, however on the side it is too low for my taste:

botm2mayi_31.jpg

I like broad waistebands. I dislike all kinds of zipper, buckle and even the strings to change the size around the waist.