Guest aussie

looking for inexpensive GH near Pattaya Marriot

Ideally within a kilometer or two of the above hotel, more important, within a kilometer of the bars (not sunnee, bars with "masculine" athletic guys), prefer to come home drunk without getting lost or looking over my shoulder, but I can also stay sober.

A place where I can safely leave my passport and credit cards in a room or front desk safe.

Free wifi internet a small plus , at most. Air Con also a small plus, but not required.

TV not desired. Security like at Malaysia Hotel where they check guests guests id cards

coming in and going out would be a plus. NO joiners fee or just a small one. MIght be a male or female joining me. Places allowing more than one guest of a guest would be a plus, but not required. Room without a ton of cigarette smoke from the previous guest -- perfume spray does nothing for me , is essential. This would be for the second week of January for about 4 -6 nights. First time visitor.

How much should I expect to pay? What are the names of the places? Do I book and prepay online, or how do I book. Will likely come on Monday the 9th of January.

Please point me in the right direction, thanks

Guest anonone

For a first time visitor, you seem to have some pretty strong opinion about what you will, or will not, find in Sunee. I would suggest you spend on time in each area yourself before you make such conclusions.

The are guest houses and hotels in each of the three main gay areas. I would point you to Nicky's Gay Pattaya site for a pretty comprehensive list.

If budget is tight, as no air conditioning requirement might imply, than Sunee or Jomtien would have cheaper options then boyztown/Pattayaland area.

most of what you specify or now seem so anxious about is completely out of tune for PTY.

This brothel by the sea brims with 1000s of cheap rooms, that all have AC, most also a small fridge and a TV_what is on varies re channels. They tend to cost 4/500 THB/room in lower season and NOne, repeat NONE has isseus with what is the bread+butter bisnis of all PTY-bringing in guests (really, here in TH it does not matter at all if that guest is same-sek or not). MOst also offer in-room safes, some are payable and I have never heard of rampant theft, though it will likely happen occasionally.

The banning of former smoke tough-this is TH and can never ever be garanteed, unless you spend a grand for a hi-so HTL that caters for the specific needs of quaint farang (that is about the way they look at that here).

There may be 1 minus: these HTLs mainly cater for the str8 single -often tattooed-''blokes/mates'' and thus you will see many couples (that is-if you even hit them) of male farang+Thai lady. Also in tipical Thai style, cheap places do not advertise much on www etc-you simply walk in and ask if there is anything available. Pay for 1 nite only-there may be noise or other issues you only find out when there-if so, move on next day-choice a plenty.

In PTY there is ample ''bahtbus'' available 24 hrs, plus a bevvy of motosays etc to bring anyone safely back-how drunk they may be.

Thanks for the information.

Ambience and Cafe Royale are possible, but a little more than I want to spend -- 1200 and 1700 this time of year for their most basic rooms. A bed and a safe for my passport meet my

needs - I am unlikely to use AC, TV or internet.

I understand that the less inexpensive ones tend to be walk in places rather than pre book

on the net -- which soi would they tend to be on? ideally within a kilometer from the

Marriot???????????????????????????????????/

No great prejudice against Sunnee, just better for me if the bed is near the bar -- and this and other websites tend to suggest that boystown is more likely to have a man that I like (over 20, over 60 kilograms, masculine/athletic).

There's a cheap hotel next to Panorama, called Serene or something like that.

This was mentioned in a thread here a few months back, so a search should find the comments.

Also, it's just over a 10 minute walk up to the Day Night area with options like the Flamingo hotel. I've got 2 rooms for 1100 baht, but one room can be had for 690. It's a good deal at that price.

Another aussie_ here. Before I started renting my room by the month I stayed at the Welcome Plaza Hotel which is close to Boyztown and they showed no interest who or how many boys you are taking to your room. You could ask them to take the boy's ID Card if you are worried about safety.

Price was around 1000 but maybe more now in high season. You can buy a USB for internet at Tukcom on Pattaya Tai road if there is no wifi.

There are mostly average looking boys in the bars and massage places here at present and I rarely see a stunner. Even Gay Romeo is quiet. Maybe the boys went home to clean up after the floods but it is very disappointing for high season. I hope they come back for you in January and for me to :D