Gaybutton

Sorry MTV Fans - MTV Goes Off the Air in Thailand

The following appears in THE NATION:

_____

MTV to Stop Airing on UBC Tonight

MTV Asia, a music channel currently aired on UBC Channel 32, will stop airing its programme from 11pm tonight.

A source from MTV Asia says that the programme will disappear on UBC Channel 32 from 11pm onwards and the music channel will hold a press conference tomorrow about the end of its broadcast on UBC, the country's only cable TV operator.

UBC informs its subscribers on its UBC 32 screen that it has decided to stop airing two music channels, MTV and VH 1. The company said that the move was in accordance with its recent viewer survey.

Recently, UBC has added a number of channels including two music channels -True Music and Majung.

Guest letmetellu

GayThailand will be so upset I know he had planned to romp around his enormous Mansion Home both naked with his stunning boyfriend dancing to the MTV music, only wearing the roses he bought him, I am so sorry for you both.?

The thought of your boyfriend trying to lick the birthday cake off you is enough to make my day, who needs MTV

Happy Birthday..... :wub:

Love LMTU

Guest Pearl69er

The following appears in THE NATION:

_____

MTV to Stop Airing on UBC Tonight

Surely no loss. I was living in NYC in the 70's when MTV first began an only had a small audience and it was considerd quite revolutionary for it's time but it really has become a very tired format. I'm not surprised viewers have dropped off. The Asian version is even worse than the US one.

Guest Pearl69er

Mtv debuted in the US in 1981. Yes it has become a tired format here. But the Asian version(s) actually do show some music videos. I read that a new small cable company has an exclusive contract with them and VH1 now.

the videos are great and there really shoudn't be a problem with any TV station starting it's own version as it must be one of the cheapest forms of entertainment for them to produce.There aren't too many areas in show business where someone else-the record company will spend a small fortune on a video and then supply it free for the publicity. I personally find the MTV presenters now peform to a set formula like the USA version which has really been left behind and become dated.

Full marks to them though as in the beginning it was a revolutionarly format that began as just a local NY cable show that become world famous fairly quickly.