Guest fountainhall

Champagne Christmas Quiz 2012

Don't leave your entry to the very last minute in case you find your internet connection is down - or there is such a flood of entries this site's bandwidth can't cope :crazy: .

Wise word indeed! Five minutes after my recent post above my trusted WiFi connection did go down. This never happens but it did.

Guest fountainhall

I reckon Khun thaiworthy is madly waving his magic wand to make funny things happen. He must have already spent a fortune on his research and maybe needs a little bit of help from his other powers :devil:

Guest thaiworthy

When I said it would take 2 1/2 days of research, I wasn't kidding. Working on the quiz only took 1 hour. I spent the other 59 hours conjuring up ways to keep to Khun Pelli from winning. Plan B: turning the champagne into vinegar. :growl:

Guest fountainhall

In which case I think I am tempted to change the First Prize to a bottle of Charles Heidsieck Vintage 1990. It was fantastic ten years ago, but a bottle I started to drink a year ago had obviously been subjected to Khun thaiworthy's spells. It ended up going down the drain. I keep its companion bottle in case I am with someone who really does not know the difference :devil:

Working on the quiz only took 1 hour

See, I told you :good:

Well, I have all of them answered to the best of my ability (not great ability). Very hard.

Now, strategy. Should I put the answers now and if lucky be the first to post or should I wait till last minute so no one can take my answers?

Lastly, letter i WTF

Guest fountainhall

On the basis that there is no prize for being first, there is no need to post till nearer the deadline - provided your internet connection does not go down!

As for "i", I assume you mean Question I. Hehe. All will be revealed in less than 12 hours. All I suggest is read the question carefully and maybe think a little outside the box.

Guest fountainhall

1) I JUST RECEIVED AN ENTRY BY PM.

PLEASE REMEMBER THE RULES STATE THAT ENTRIES MUST BE MADE ON THIS THREAD.

BUT THIS ENTRY PUTS ME IN A BIT OF DIFFICULTY BECAUSE THE MEMBER JOINED ONLY A FEW DAYS AGO (AND HAS MADE SEVERAL POSTS SINCE THEN) AND I SUSPECT HE SKIMMED QUICKLY THROUGH THE RULES. I HAVE SENT HIM A PM IN THE HOPE THAT HE RECEIVES IT BEFORE THE DEADLINE AND POSTS HIS ENTRY HERE. IF NOT, THEN LET'S SEE HOW THE RESULTS PAN OUT.

2) AND I JUST GOT ANOTHER PM FROM A MEMBER WHO IS CONCERNED THAT ONCE ENTRIES ARE POSTED, AN ENTRANT COULD USE THE EDIT BUTTON AFTER SEEING THE ENTRIES OF OTHER MEMBERS. TO THIS I CAN ONLY SAY - I WILL BE GLUED TO THE COMPUTER SCREEN FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS AND BELIEVE I WILL BE ABLE TO DETECT ANYONE WHO CHANGES AN ENTRY. I HAVE AN EXCEL FORM READY AND IT TAKES LESS THAN 30 SECONDS TO ENTER ANSWERS AND GET EACH ENTRANT'S TALLY.

OF COURSE I CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT ENTRANTS WHO CHANGE THEIR ANSWERS AFTER SEEING AN ENTRY POSTED BEFORE THEY ACTUALLY POST THEIRS! BUT THIS IS NOTHING NEW AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS TO ALL WHEN THE COMPETITION WAS ANNOUNCED.

GOOD LUCK!

To all this FH, I can only say that I have every answer and I am 100 percent certain they are all correct (or as certain as I am that I am gay). Therefore, there is not need for anyone else to post. I suggest everyone should just go out and have a drink in a bar.

Guest fountainhall

In that case, dear Michael, I suggest you delay your posting until 10:59:55 pm as others will no doubt crib your answers knowing how correct they are. Mind you, with Khun thaiworthy frantically waving his magic wand, I expect anything may happen. Hogwarts will be nothing to gaythailand.com tonight :zoro:

Oops I did not know I have to post my suggested answers here...

Got to type everything again...

I probably will do it after my dinner appointment.. deadline is 11 pm Bangkok time, right?

Guest fountainhall

I am glad you got my pm. Yes, 11:00pm BKK time - midnight in Singapore which is where I think you are. Click and copy will be quickest rather than retyping.

Guest fountainhall

he is supposed to arrive at 10:45 with nothing but some underwear on and a sign that says, "Invite Me In."

And I thought you were my friend!!! :shok: If you had just sent him over to me, there is no way I could be checking the entries as they come in - and so you could have cheated to your heart's content! :devil:

And I thought you were my friend!!! :shok: If you had just sent him over to me, there is no way I could be checking the entries as they come in - and so you could have cheated to your heart's content! :devil:

I'll remember that for next year! I didn't think you would succumb to such horrid activities at the last moment. :) Now, that I know your weakness, I shall never forget! :)

Guest fountainhall

One last reminder: please be very careful when you type in your entry and double check it before you post, as editing a post with an entry will not permitted. Thanks

Rather than disappoint Kuhn Fountainhall who put so much effort into developing this contest I decided to make an entry.

In the beginning I only knew the answer to one question so, for the rest, I followed the maxim of my naval ancestor, Captain Cookopelli, to proceed By Guess & By God, although my answers are more by guess than by divine inspiration.

A-4

B-3

C-2

D-5

E-3

F- Caffe Florian

G 42nd Street

H-5

I- Greta Garbo

J-5

K-5

L- Scientology

M-4

N-4

O-1

P- Rolling Stones

Q- Hyatt

R-2

S- And the Band Played On

T-4

Guest fountainhall

Thanks Khun Koko for entering and being the first. I can not give you an indication of how you fared, but you'll only have to wait another 40 minutes or so - assuming there is going to be a few more entries at the very last minute.

Saturday 15th Dec 2012.

It is 11.33 pm here in Singapore.

I just returned from a horrible blind date.

So I need my beauty sleep now.

So FH, let me submit my wild guesses:

A-4

B-5

C-2

D-4

E-4

F-Caffe Florian

G-42nd Street

H-4

I-Greta Garbo

J-5