BigTopMe

Should i pay his rent?

"Frankly, I was not concerned about the cash. I was much more concerned that a guy I liked a lot had used me and then dumped me. Not an uncommon tale, I fear!"

Yes Connoisseur, and that's how I feel too, I am going to end it. I don't need to be bled out and fucked over,  I'm done with him.

Guest thaiworthy

I am going to end it. I don't need to be bled out and fucked over,  I'm done with him.

Well since you're not going to see him anymore, can I get his phone number?

No, no! I'm kidding. I didn't mean that.  :shok:

Look, we have all been there. I may have a bit of a different perspective than others or perhaps I am just more of an idiot. :)

I had this same thing happen to me with a guy. He keep asking for money over and over and over and over. I knew he was a player. But, the sex was just too damn good. And, when I heard his voice, I said, "fuck it. worth every penny."

So, I gave him the money he needed and then more money every month for nearly 4 years. But, the way I looked it was when I was in Thailand, he was a sex animal and he was fabulous. We broke up a few years back and I told him I would never send him money again.

Gave him a bit more in December as he wanted to visit me for a few days and fuck. Oh well, at least I thought I was done with him. :)

Guest fountainhall

Wholeheartedly agree with abang1961! I know how you will be feeling now, and it's natural that you will consider not coming. But  your problem with the boy was far from unusual - as you will have seen from the responses here - and my guess is that 99.999% will have returned. Not only that, you'll be surprised how one of the next guys you meet will turn out to be even more attractive. There's a reason why it's called "Amazing Thailand!"

Darn, I have to start all over again as Fountainhall said many of the things I wanted to say.  Yes, we have all been there and done that, and some of us more then once.  I see nothing wrong with caring a lot for a beautiful boy, especially when you first come to this country, I see nothing wrong with trying to believe he cares for you as much as you care for him, I see nothing wrong with trying to help him when he asks for help, but---and there is always a but---you must learn to keep part of yourself detached and able to evaluate reality without getting slapped in the face.  Easy to say, but hard to do.  Unfortunately I think all but a select few have to learn this lesson through getting hurt by being too willing to believe that the one you love, loves you as strongly as you love him.  I wish I could have learned without the pain of finding out that my love was not returned, but I am not one of those select few that could do this.  However, I am also glad to have, more then once,  made the trip and felt the pain, and learned to grow from the experience.  I know of many who have come to this country and believed so strongly that they could not take the pain and grow, and instead jumped from their balconies or some other self-destructive act.  Savor the pain you may be feeling now as it is a valuable tool to helping you deal with a fickle younger lover.  Do come back, and try again, and work on getting that necessary separation.  You will have no trouble finding your next love, the danger only lies in caring so deeply that you lose that-- all to necessary--detachment.  Concentrate on learning how to do that and you will be fine.

WIth a little reflection on this situation,

I am not going to let him distort my good feelings concerning Thailand (I really love the country)

I am coming back in April for sure

It will be my third trip

I have not been to Pattaya and I wanna see it and Id like to just go out to the bars a meet people too

The last time I spent all my time with him alone

No bars no clubs, just restaurants and my hotel room

I know there is a cute boy in walking around Thailand right now that is gonna be mine in about 6 weeks

And when I come home that's where he will stay in every sense of the word

Do any of you guys live in Thailand?

I would like to hang out and also benefit from your knowledge of boys and Bangkok

Maybe you can help me do better this time 

I will be there the last 2 weeks in April for sure I just haven't selected the exact dates.

I always stay in Silom but I plan on going to Payatta too on this trip

If you live there and what to hang out please let me know

Thanks

Guest abang1961

Do any of you guys live in Thailand?

I would like to hang out and also benefit from your knowledge of boys and Bangkok

Maybe you can help me do better this time 

I will be there the last 2 weeks in April for sure I just haven't selected the exact dates.

I always stay in Silom but I plan on going to Payatta too on this trip

If you live there and what to hang out please let me know

Thanks

That is the right spirit - be proactive, be adventurous and not be smitten by the first boy you meet.

There are many fishes in the oceans, so be wiser this time and not to invest your emotions on the wrong one!

Tell us what you would like to see and do.. besides ogling at the boys..

If you have two weeks, you should take some short trips to other destinations within the kingdom..

Explore the many wonderful and beautiful things this fascinating county offers.

Bon voyage.

Guest thaiworthy

Abang is absolutely right BigTopMe, there are plenty of fish in the sea. Unfortunately the last fish I dated was as ugly as a pig! Here is a pic. Fortunately, I was so drunk he looked pretty good after a while.

31906_10152179882811758_1111951063_n_zps

Seriously, maybe it would be a good idea to be a butterfly this trip. It might do you some good! If you have any more room on your back, maybe this could be your next tattoo:

3dbutterflytattoodesignshadowflyingfreed

Guest xiandarkthorne

If you've been played for a sucker once, it means you have a heart. If it happens two or three times, you just have a soft heart. Any more than that, I think the soft part is not your heart but the part between your ears.

After a few similar experiences of my own, I made it a point never to allow such a thing to happen again. I butterfly - and if I decide to off the same guy a second or third time, I make it very clear that I'll be moving on soon.

When it comes to non-bar guys, the same thing happened to me, too, and for the same reason. I never thought that someone who had a regular job would do that to me. So nowadays, whenever some idiot addresses me as "dear" or "darling" before we've even seen each other more than a couple of times (or even before we've met face to face), I tell them right out that I find it creepy and that they sound utterly affected and unbearably pretentious using terms of endearment to address strangers.

I think it's quite safe to say that most of the more experienced members of any gay Thai forum have been through it all before, and we've all moved on to happier things. So that's the only advice I would give to any newbie asking advice about sending money to a Thai moneyguy. Do it if you must, but don't beat yourself up over it when you get screwed. Move on and screw a few more of your own when it's over.

Guest abang1961

Just remember we are in Thailand for a good but short time.

It is nice to be pampered by this sweet-looking guy who gives you a wonderful sex-gratifying attention.

He is there for a purpose - to accompany you during your vacation there.

If you want to provide a little financial assistance, go ahead.

But never end up as an Automated Machine Teller (ATM).

Give him according to your budget/means.

Don't fall victim to their endless requests/demands.

No post of mine can escape a song or two..

So this time, it is still Dame Shirley Bassey again...

Please note: She is singing at the this year's Oscar. on this coming Monday morning, Asian Time

Meanwhile, how apt am I when we ask for Kiss me honey honey kiss me..dont stop even if I blow my .....

Or on a sadder note, this song.... Will you still love me tomorrow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIP6FSYx0LQ

Or on a much happier note, when he says to his friends..

I will follow him..there's never a mountain too high to keep me from my guy...

Guest abang1961

Yes that was a great smile ..but why ..no (good) man for me?

Perhaps I am too old ....

Anyway, from an ancient relic comes Tom Jones "I who have nothing.."

FYI:

I didn't get suckered by him (Connoisseur) all the money and gifts I gave him I think he deserved

and its nice to make a pretty boy happy BUT being an ATM and paying his rent while I'm in the

states and he is in Bkk is out of the question, That's being suckered!!

On the advise of you guys I am going to be a butterfly (why cant it be called a Wasp? I cannot see myself as a butterfly lol)

How does one be a butterfly in Bkk? Where do I go what do I do? I'd love to meet alot of cuties.

On the advise of you guys I am going to be a butterfly (why cant it be called a Wasp? I cannot see myself as a butterfly lol)

The use of the term butterfly has been criticised on this Forum before. I don't like it either. I suggested pterodactyl but that term, hardly surprisingly, never took off!

No post of mine can escape a song or two..

So this time, it is still Dame Shirley Bassey again...

Anyway, from an ancient relic comes Tom Jones "I who have nothing.."

I well remember the Shirley Bassey version of I (Who Have Nothing), a top ten hit in Britain in 1963.

For its size Wales turns out some great singers. I was rude to the Welsh in a recent post on another topic, so maybe I can make amends here.

Go into a pub in Wales on a weekend night and sooner or later the vocal chords can contain themselves no longer. Others join in, and it makes for a great atmosphere.

Guest abang1961

Dear Rogie.

I simply cant put the Dame back to back, right?

There is a need to spread good singers.. perhaps some of these songs may be NEW to some of our friends in this forum.

Yes Dame sang it well too...Dont worry, I am going through my catalogue of BS.. not that but Ms Barbara Streisand. She is also going to perform at this year's Oscar, along with Dame and Adele (for Skyfall which to me is an exact replica of the Dame's earlier contribution).

Just for the sake of all the non-Asians in this forum, I may also want to introduce you to the music of other countries, like those I did earlier...K-pop is the current rave...

So bear with me, the Dame doing a cover of Pink's mega-hit.  To all the Thai visitors and Thai-lovers, once the plane touches down in the kingdom, you really want to sing this anthem.. get this party started... she is definitely putting some fineness when she sang the word ASS.  Enjoy...

. . . Barbara Streisand.

Just for the sake of all the non-Asians in this forum, I may also want to introduce you to the music of other countries, like those I did earlier...K-pop is the current rave...

Enjoy...

Thanks Abang for your great choice of singers.

I wasn't meaning to criticise your choice of Tom Jones rather than Shirley Bassey. They are both super-stars. I agree better to spread the entertainment fairly. in fact I had no idea Tom Jones sung it in concert so that was an eye-opener for me.

Barbra Streisand . . .  look forward to hearing her soon . ..

Guest fountainhall

The Dame (apparently she insists that everyone call her 'Dame' unlike other artists like Judi Dench, Helen Mirren and Maggie Smith) and Barbra Streisand did everyone proud at the Oscars. Both supreme examples in how to deliver a song with meaning and passion.

Guest xiandarkthorne

FYI:

I didn't get suckered by him (Connoisseur) all the money and gifts I gave him I think he deserved

and its nice to make a pretty boy happy BUT being an ATM and paying his rent while I'm in the

states and he is in Bkk is out of the question, That's being suckered!!

How does one be a butterfly in Bkk? Where do I go what do I do? I'd love to meet alot of cuties.

A true butterfly applies his procreative appendage frequently and diversely, but never his heart. What's so hard about that? :lol:

The use of the term butterfly has been criticised on this Forum before. I don't like it either. I suggested pterodactyl but that term, hardly surprisingly, never took off!

I never knew that! I guess pterodactyl does bring to mind a more voracious version of what I do than I like, so I'm afraid I have to agree to pass on that one, too. I wouldn't mind being called a honeysucker, however. :rolleyes: