kokopelli

Virus Alert

Guest fountainhall

Also, it is a holiday weekend and while I know many of us "work" the web tech world is closed and this makes it very hard to do things as every company in the world just about closes for Jan 31 (Monday) and this is the weekend before.

I find it extraordinary that a massive company like google can just close down and not have a decent number of staff on duty to sort out problems like this. It's not just a question of the virus report. Even just logging in is a major headache with "Sorry, you don't have permission to do that" messages popping up all the time before you finally make it into the Board. And some functions just will not work - like attaching a photo.

We are back live. We took the site down as we didn't want any issues. Our hosting company assured us we had no maleware or viruses on the site but as google had us listed as a threat, we took the entire site down till it was reviewed and the issues resolved and we got the go ahead from Google that we were 100 percent safe and no issues. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Welcome back!

Guest thaiworthy

While the virus alerts are gone, I cannot use the insert image button. Previously, I would see a rollover description of what the button does, but that does not appear now. When you click it, the page turns grey as it did before, but it just stays that way, with no dialog box asking for a URL to enter when I link to an image in my Photobucket album.

The other button that behaves exactly the same way now is the URL link button. I am afraid to try any of the other buttons.

Not good.

:help:

Guest Jovianmoon

My PC's firewall is pretty fierce, but access to this site didn't even get that far - my Google Chrome browser stopped access to any part of the site, not just certain pages. So I simply didn't proceed - not worth the risk.

I calmly emailed Scooby and asked if this was just me and he promptly replied, saying no, there was an issue and we needed to wait 24 hours. I waited and now no problem. 

I have to say I was a bit surprised to come back to the site today and find this thread with all those brightly coloured capitalised panic messages.

Hey guys, just chill out and kick back with a beer in future  ;)

Guest fountainhall

I did - after my 'red' alert, and am still recovering (although the New Year celebrations probably had something to do with it)!  :drinks:

Guest Jovianmoon

I did - after my 'red' alert, and am still recovering (although the New Year celebrations probably had something to do with it)!  :drinks:

Hahaha - I actually took it easy this year compared to previous years: only one bottle of sparkling and a few ordinary wines. I know that wouldn't be 'taking it easy' to some...

Get well soon FH  :sick:

Guest thaiworthy
Hey guys, just chill out and kick back with a beer in future  ;)

It worked, didn't it?

Actually, the virus was fixed, but there are other problems. Post #34's problems are getting worse, and if no one reports them, how is anyone to know?

While FH is holding steady with his Red Alert, I have reached DEFCON 2. No need to panic yet, I am sorry if I have created that impression. It's an automatic reflex action I have no control over, sort of like the silos in Kansas on automatic countdown. I am sure Scooby has a red phone that is a direct line to Michael's safe and sound underground bunker in NYC. He will save the world.

The only other concern I have is re-propagating the species after a nuclear fallout. I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

Had this been an actual emergency you would have been otherwise instructed.

Stand by . . .

Guest Jovianmoon
The only other concern I have is re-propagating the species after a nuclear fallout. I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

Haha, me neither - at least not in Falangland with all those womens' flabby bottoms. May I suggest a blindfold and a bottle of whiskey?

:p

For about a day, my up-to-date Norton gave this site the all clear; however, this morning, it says it's "attack city!" again.

Thanks for the efforts, Scooby, but my guess is that, like Arnold Swarzenegger, "IT'S BAAACCKK!"

P.S.  What happens with my Norton is that a little window pops up that reads: "Norton blocked an attack by: Web Attack: Mass Injection Website."  As to what that means other than Norton's program is stopping the so-called "attack" is beyond me.

Guest thaiworthy

How does everything go to hell in a handbasket so damn quickly? One moment everything is fine, the next DISASTER. This shouldn't be happening! How long till a real and permanent fix?

Is anybody listening? Or did Google call in sick again today?

post-8671-0-22526000-1357183540_thumb.png

Guest thaiworthy

Psychoanalysis must be a very satisfying hobby for the author of this blog, and he should give himself his own turtle ass award. We must really get under his skin and that is an achievement in itself, since we each possess more personality than he can ever hope for. Spoken sincerely, from the deepest, darkest depth of my little black heart, I can only suggest he seek a little self-analysis at the very least, if not full professional help. He must be a lonely, bitter man, a pariah, with no other means of earning self-esteem. It's easy to put everything else down just to make yourself look better.

Such a pity.

Guest fountainhall
Interesting post from Bangkok Bois 

I have no problem accessing in Bangkok with True and Safari.

I found part of that blog post quite interesting and in typical bangkobois style. I suspect most of us are perplexed about the virus issue and it would be nice to know exactly what happened – and why it seems still to be happening to some readers.

However, his attack on this Forum and some of its posters is merely par for bangkobois’ course. After all, he’s attacked most from time to time for whatever reason tickles his fancy. Here’s what he’s said about another –

I’m not sure if the high number and active participation on these threads is due to the state of the current world-wide economic situation, or due to the current state of SGT, but the constant whining over amounts that add up to less than ten bucks does not reflect well on SGT’s gene pool. Granted, that most of SGT’s posters are now either Pattaya sexpats or Pattaya aficionados has a lot to do with that bitching, and that needs to be taken into account; Pattaya has always been just outside the borders of the Land of Smiles. That’s why so many of those happy-go-lucky folk try their hand at the flying farang trick. And articles about the strange way Pattaya fans pursue having a good time could be legion.

http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/2012/11/page/6/

And as for some of their posters, they are not spared bangkokbois’ rod.

Scottish-Guy, NIrish Guy, and Joe 552 will now each post a witty remark that no one else finds in the least bit humorous; A447 will go on the attack if Latintopxxx, Sooty, or any other poster he has a problem with dares to post a reply; Pong will chime in with possibly helpful but completely indecipherable information; and then the thread will dissolve into a bitchfest over the cost of drinks, cost of boys, and greedy bar owners who dare to think they have a right to make a profit.

http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/2012/11/page/5/

You have to laugh at some of his comments. But then, as he himself adds, readers should take everything with a large dose of salt because what he writes is “supposed” to be funny.

If you are greatly offended by something you read here, it was probably supposed to be humorous. Granted, my sense of humor is no doubt more whacked than yours . . . live with it . . . I write this blog for fun. Mine. Not yours . . . Yes, life really is all about me.”

http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/about/

That rather nicely sums it all up, doesn't it? And of course a blog writer will always be 'right' in the absence of comment and discussion! I will say that when I do pop into the site, I sometimes find some interesting and amusing comments. But I wonder how many of those hundreds of photos of handsome naked men are in someone else’s copyright?

I am sure if you search you would find he has criticized Baht stop and Ting Tong at other times for various reasons.  I think he is funny and I enjoy his wit.  Do I agree with everything he says?  No way, anymore then I agree with, or find totally funny what any other comedian says.  Folks he is trying, and often succeeding, to be witty and funny, and just like most non-professionals he occasionally misses the mark, but if he makes me laugh at all, it is worth it to me.

I recommend a everyone take him with a grain of salt, and try not to take anything he says as anything but his attempt at humor.  Laugh at what you find funny, and ignore the rest.  Failure to do so will turn you into a grumpy paranoid old man, and you will have to escape to somewhere and open your own board where you can control the entire conversation

Guest thaiworthy
I think he is funny and I enjoy his wit.  Do I agree with everything he says?  No way, anymore then I agree with, or find totally funny what any other comedian says.

A comedian has an audience. In a live performance, there is chemistry and some feedback that determines if a joke or story is funny. In the case of this blog, there is no such chemistry or feedback. On this forum, we can state our opinions and exchange views, and there are even "like" buttons to show approval. As Fountainhall said, "he will always be right in the absence of comment and discussion." To me, this marks a major difference between a real "comedian" and this blog writer. In that vein, it ceases to be funny because there just is no audience participation. As a result, it becomes stifling, boring, artificial, repetitive and sanctimonious. Those attributes are just not the hallmarks of a good comedian. If it's an attempt at humor, it's an attempt that fails and it does so at a great cost to the rest of us.

And that's a rather heavy grain of salt to carry in order to be taken lightly.