Hotel Security Success

I heard a good story about someone staying at the Marriot in Pattaya recently.

He was enjoying a buffet lunch with a group of friends.  After he got some food and returned to the table, his i-phone was no longer on the table. Having established none of his friends had moved it for safe keeping, he spoke to the hotel security.

The hotel security guy, said "don't worry sir, we have security cameras covering this whole area".

The hotel security guy checks the cameras and spots someone from a Chinese tour group picking up the phone.  He tells our friend "don't worry sir, we'll have your phone back in about an hour".

Hotel security call the police and the tour operator.  The police stop the tour bus, go straight to the offender, recover the phone and arrest the offender.

So a positive story about hotel security and much more surprisingly, the BIB doing something useful.

Speaking of the Marriott breakfast buffet. I'm staying there now and it opens in 7 minutes. I will be there. Checking out this morning and headed to Courtyard by Marriott in Bangkok with an afternoon at Hero. Michael you have taught me well.

Envious in America!

Have fun at Hero.

Did you see the post on this site about Marriott's lifetime membership changes. Good news for all of us that stay at these hotels.

No I haven't seen anything about the MR program. I have a hard enough time keeping my gold status, so don't know if I would be in the ballpark for lifetime programs. I love the location of the Pattaya Marriott though. Makes it so easy getting back and forth to Boyztown. If u can point me in the right direction , I will check the lifetime program out.

Guest Motel69

I ended up at The Marriott this year and I have nothing but good to say about it. I was stuck looking for a room on New Year's Eve. At a little after 11 p.m., and after five hours of searching, I checked in at The Marriott. My first surprise was that they did not gouge me (though their rooms are far from cheap). Check in was fast and easy despite the hour. I loved the interior garden, the big, deep pool, the location. I was put in the older wing, where the rooms are not modern. But I loved the hardwood floors, the good lighting, the sitting area and the comfortable bed. I originally booked for two nights but ended up staying for four.

The boyfriend liked that the Marriott was next to a 24-hour KFC, which we went to every morning at 5. I highly reccommend the spicy chicken and rice dish; it's a really satisfying blend of the KFC taste and Thai cuisine.

He also liked not being bothered for his ID card when we came back from KFC.

If you can afford it, The Marriot is a great choice in Pattaya.

One thing that many of you may not know is that the Marriott family is all Mormon.  The good news is that In spite of the official church's homophobia the Marriott chain was one of the first corporations to offer same sex couples full recognition on health care, retirement, etc.

Guest fountainhall

It's some years since I stayed at the Marriott in Pattaya. After they remodelled the garden, I got the impression they were really pushing for the family market. On holidays, it seemed to be overrun with kids - one reason I stopped staying. ButI agree it's a lovely hotel.