kokopelli

Word Games

After reading some of the neighing and braying by some recent posters the thought came to mind, what are the most beautiful sounding words or combos in English? Oh, ok, I saw this on the internet and cribbed the idea. Try not to do any googling and be orginal not as I was.

I had read that cellar door is/was considered to be a beautiful combo by some including Tolkein the Hobbit Master; esp if pronounced slowly.

French has beaucoup/many pleasant sounding words; asimismo/also Spanish.  We can leave to to Christian to provide some pleasant sounding words in German!

But for now one my English favs would be mellifluous.

Any one want to aduce their contemplation?

As this topic's now been installed in the Beer Bar, its rightful home, how about a few things that might be found in such:

martini

manhattan

singaporesling

methusalah

jeroboam

bourbonontherocks

whiskyandsoda

chardonnay

pinotnoir

slipperynipple

alabamaslammer

longislandicetea

barsacandsauternes

fizzylemonade

twopintsoflagerandapacketofcrisps

Guest Jovianmoon

Bloody Mary.

An appropriate expletive for your dastardly female friend, Mary - which also happens to be the name of a delicious drink!

Anybody got examples for teetotallers? (Hiccup)

In my opinion, you can't beat a nice cup of tea. An indispensable way to start the day along with a bowl of fortifying porridge (in the winter) or muesli (in the summer).

Tea is an equally great pick-me-up for anyone who'd been out on the tiles the night before or for the sad teetotaller.

If you are a:

Teetotaller = stimulant

Hard boozer = restorative (cure for a hangover)

I wouldn't mind betting tea could also be a fine cure for Jovianmoon's hiccups.

Unfortunately, just as teetotaller sounds most unpleasant on the ear, 'tea' is too short a word to stand any chance of sounding sweet and harmonious to one's auditory senses.

Again, unfortunately, coffee seems to have stolen a march on tea and spawned a whole vocabulary of names:

expresso = like

ristretto = also like

starbuck (tax dodger!)= ugly

Guest fountainhall

'tea' is too short a word to stand any chance of sounding sweet and harmonious to one's auditory senses.

Surely many guys are really turned on by "oooh-long!"  :rofl:

Guest timmberty

Surely many guys are really turned on by "oooh-long!"  :rofl:

now i get it !!!

i had a thai guy say this to me when i asked him if he wanted a drink in a bar in sunee

i was thinking to myself how the hell does he know if its long or not .. ha aint had his hand down there yet ...

no wonder he laughed when i got him a beer.