Bob

Bob's Bar & Grill in Chiangmai

Scooby, just as a suggestion, why not create a separate forum for gay establishments in Thailand?  It appears your intent - which is perfectly fine with me - is to provide information and/or promote the various gay places in Thailand; however, eventually (not all that long - within a few days) these informational posts get old and essentially relegated to the dustbin of back pages.  And it's not likely that many will do a search to find a given place so a lot of the value of the posts is lost. 

If, however, you put them in a separate forum (maybe titled "Thai Gay Venues" and maybe even put sub-forums of Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiangmai, etc.), you'll at least effectively preserve all the work you're doing and make it relatively easy for anyone to check out the places in a given area. 

Just tossing out the idea.  Thanks. 

Guest thaiworthy

That is a great idea! BTW, where is Bob's Bar and Grill in Chiang Mai? Is it gay-friendly? Are the prices reasonable? Any go-go boys, and if so, what is the off fee? Any pesky mamasans or loud music? Do you allow smoking? Is this a viable venue, or just a hobby for your boyfriend to run? I will come and visit when strawberry season starts up again, if you're still in business by then. 

Guest fountainhall

There is a basic business listings section under the City Guides and basic website details on the Home page. Both are in urgent need of updating and I suspect these posts will all be moved over to one of those sections in due course. It would seem to make sense, as this sort of information is useful not only for those who read  and contribute to the message board.

That is a great idea! BTW, where is Bob's Bar and Grill in Chiang Mai? Is it gay-friendly? Are the prices reasonable? Any go-go boys, and if so, what is the off fee? Any pesky mamasans or loud music? Do you allow smoking?

Where?  Not telling.  Gay friendly?  Well, to Thais 18-40 and cute falang under 30, yes.  Prices reasonable?  Hell, down right cheap (e.g., I give free physicals).  Unfortunately, no gogo boys (my own gogo spirit got up and left years ago).  Pesky mamasans?  Nope and a liberal bounty is offered for them.  Loud music?  Sorry, can't hear what you said.  Smoking allowed?  Well, one kind is somewhat encouraged. 

""" Smoking allowed?  Well, one kind is somewhat encouraged."""

That would be the kind that does not cause cancer and was recently made legal in Colorado and Washington State, and tolerated in most of Western Europe, right?  You can give me that answer when you stop coughing and hacking up those darn cigs you smoke.

In the meantime you can drink coffee and fruit drinks at Khortose's coffee house.  Just follow the clouds of blue smoke.

In the meantime you can drink coffee and fruit drinks at Khortose's coffee house.  Just follow the clouds of blue smoke.

For a pothead, you're a failure!  No munchies at all.  Any respectable pothead would have a load of Twinkies and Snicker candy bars laying around!

[P.S.  For those that don't know, he was a pothead in his youth (which, of course, was many decades ago) and he does not partake of that evil weed anymore (well, unless he's within a jurisdiction where it's legal and then he tokes his friggin' brains out)].

Guest thaiworthy

For a pothead, you're a failure!  No munchies at all.  Any respectable pothead would have a load of Twinkies and Snicker candy bars laying around!

[P.S.  For those that don't know, he was a pothead in his youth (which, of course, was many decades ago) and he does not partake of that evil weed anymore (well, unless he's within a jurisdiction where it's legal and then he tokes his friggin' brains out)].

I doubt Khor Tose is a pothead under any circumstances. Twinkies and Snickers satisfy a natural craving, in which the drug acts as an appetite stimulant. No one can lose 34 kilos and still be smoking pot. It is impossible. Now if it were an appetite depressant instead, perhaps KT and I would be as skinny as rails.

Bob,

All of the initial posts for the businesses were put in separate forums for each city: Gay Bangkok Listings, Gay Pattaya Listings, so on

But, they were rarely if ever commented on. Many people just don't venture too far from the main forum for information on Thailand unless they are in the Asia forums. It was because of this we only recently moved all those forums and their contents over to the main forum. This was done about 2 months back when we started updating the listings.

Thanks for the info, Scooby.  As they say, it's up to you (on the basis that it's your site and you can do with it what you want and on the additional basis that I'm not complaining about putting the items in the main forums as I can easily skip over what I don't want to read).

My suggestion might not be the best way to deal with it but I'd suggest you decide if you want the information to be readily handy to readers, if you want to encourage updated information about the venues, and how best to accomplish that.  Periodically posting those on the main forum page is, to me, great for that particular day if somebody wants that particular day to know about those particular venues; however, after a day or two, the information is relegated to the dustbin of back pages and, in my opinion, nobody thereafter can ever make good use of the information (unless they know a name of a particular venue and actually take the time to do a search under the proper name - and I believe that happens rarely).  Plus, for those of us who might take the time to update items (e.g., Khun Khortose, I, and others could update Chiangmai venues if we could conveniently find the postings and Khun Fountainhill and Khun Thaiworthy could update Bangkok venues if they could conveniently find the postings), it isn't likely we're going to search for a particular venue and then either add to that post or start a new post. Under the current system, the most that's likely to happen is that we might make a new post announcing, for example, a new bar opening but even that post shortly will go to the backpages of history.

Let's suppose a newbe (of sorts) wants to go to Chiangmai and wonders if he can find some information about all the Chiangmai gogo bars, etc.  How's he supposed to find it (search under "tell me what I want to know about Chiangmai"?) 

So, in my view, the way your doing it now is admirable in that you see the value of having some venue information on the website; however, you're essentially (on a long-term basis) somewhat wasting your time in my view for the reasons stated.

Guest fountainhall

I have to agree with Bob. If they stay merely as part of the main Forum pages, the posts and the information they contain will get lost within days. 

I can fully understand that if they are put back into the city listings on the home pages, probably few are going to read them. But if they stay here, they'll be forgotten very quickly. So if the Message Board is to be the destination, I do think a separate Forum is required. That then automatically becomes the place where readers will visit for establishment info. And I imagine any future comments made on the main Board relating to any establishment can easily be transferred over. I'm sure readers would soon get the idea.