TotallyOz

Is Bisexuality More Prevelant in 2013?

Just this week, a famous musical legend, Clive Davis, came out as being bisexual. It was nothing new to many in the industry and it was pretty common knowledge. It got me to think of a well-known rapper I know who has wild LA orgies with both male and female attendants and he and everyone else has sex with everyone. I have many gay friends who have been with him many times and use the term bisexual often.

Speaking to a few young people in the past few months, many have said they have experimented with both men and women and many hate the terms that define their sexuality.

Personally, I call myself gay but I also occasionally have sex with women. I have on more than a few occasions had sex with ladyboys or TS. I do love guys and I love having sex with them but I also love the touch of a woman and a ladyboy.

Having been with many Brazilian boys over the years who are extremely versatile and fantastic at sex who also see women and I have asked many if they are gay and they always say they are not but that they like sex with both men and women. It is not just for pay. It is also for pleasure for many of them.

In Thailand, it seems that many of the western ways are creeping in and that they are thinking more like "us" which is scary. I hope that does not include our views of sexuality.

So, I was thinking about this and wonder if those of us that are older are more prejudice towards those that are bisexual than those that are not? Do we as a group discriminate against those that don't openly say, "I'm a Gay" or to those those that refuse to label themselves?

So, I was thinking about this and wonder if those of us that are older are more prejudice towards those that are bisexual than those that are not? We we as a group discriminate against those that don't openly say, "I'm a Gay" or to those those that refuse to label themselves?

Michael, I guess you meant to ask "Do we as a group discriminate against those that don't openly say, "I'm a Gay" or to those that refuse to label themselves?"

I can't answer that question as I am bisexual. I don't go around wearing a T-shirt saying "Some people are bi-sexual, get over it" I see no need for that kind of thing as I am comfortable in my own sexual skin. However, if pressed I am happy to describe myself as bi-sexual, but would rather melt into the background, so to speak, but wouldn't go so far as to refuse to label myself.

In the excellent topic Just a little family story (see link below) FH took us for a canter through 'high society', the lives of stars on the stage and in movies. It seems to me that many of those with money and position could flaunt themselves more or less as they pleased in private or semi-private, whilst the masses huddled together and got on with their ordinary lives (not stepping out of line so as to avoid any unsavoury gossip over the back fence). Societies now are a lot different to that prevailing between the wars and into the 60's and 70's. Therefore it may be more obvious now, but I suspect the numbers of men who would enjoy (If they safely could) sex with another man hasn't changed, just that more do so openly, with much less stigma attached.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8567-just-a-little-family-story-in-the-form-of-a-quiz/?do=findComment&comment=63867

Guest fountainhall

As one who has been 100% gay throughout his life, I cannot answer. Personally I can summon up no enthusiasm for having sex with a woman. And it seems that most of my friends - Thai and farang - feel the same way.

Guest abang1961

I have NEVER and will NEVER get close to a naked woman.

I think I would probably can't rise to the occasion.

If there is such a thing as 101% gay, I should be the first candidate.

Guest thaiworthy

Generally speaking, I seem to get along with bi-sexual people more than I do with gay people. It has nothing to do with sharing common interests in physical attraction. Bi-sexual people seem more open-minded, more candid, outgoing and less selfish than myself. I am 100% gay as well, but it is so much easier to make friends with bi-sexuals, because I am genuinely fascinated by their broad range of interests-- maybe because they do not eliminate interactivity with 50% of the population, like I do. That is, some of them have had previous marriages or girlfriends, children, closer family relationships, etc. Some things I am envious of, and can never have, like children or a very close family relationship. I think it is interesting to hear bi-sexuals talk about themselves as if they've led a past life, reincarnated as it were, or metamorphosed somehow.

It is a point-of-view I almost never think about. What the heck do they see that I don't see? I'm perfectly happy in the company of males, but I get a deer-in-the-headlights look on my face whenever a bi-sexual talks about straight sexuality. I suppose if we expect straight people to accept us as gay, my own reasoning says perhaps I should look at them and accept them as straight. But this thinking is automatic. Maybe in the back of my mind I want to counteract all the ignorant statements straight people have said to me over years, like "Gay people don't bother me, I couldn't care less if you had sex with a woman, another man, or even a dog."

Great. Now I'm in the company of a dog. But I'll let that sleeping dog lie. While I shouldn't shut women out of my life, I actually do. Someone once said to me, "thaiworthy, I'd be surprised if you even knew a woman!" I told him, "you're right, I don't know many women, but I do know a hell of a lot of guys!" He didn't really like my answer. If I had hinted at any interest in women whatsoever, he would've reveled in it, thinking there's hope for me yet.

So if you're bi-sexual, thanks for making things more interesting for me. I appreciate and value your relationship. After all, you are a breed of people who truly ARE accepting of my gayness, and thankfully not comparing me to dogs!

As more people accept gayness as a lifestyle, there will be more bi-sexual people in 2013 and beyond.

Guest abang1961

Don't flame me..

Bisexuality is just an excuse to increase the chances of getting laid.

Of course, sex is just a physical thing that we indulge frequently.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with switching to either sides.

I like a man ... and I'm holding on to my hero, ..so sings Bonnie Tyler..

Are we ready for some disco-dancing...

Sing along, if you may

Guest fountainhall

I know and have known quite a number of bisexuals. In all but one case, their wives also knew about it and accepted it. One even told his wife-to-be before marriage. They ended up having five children and were to all who did not know the perfect married, successful couple. Yet the husband would regularly arrange to meet - discreetly - with other guys. If they accept me for who I am, then it really doesn't matter to me if someone is gay, straight, bi, trans or whatever.

Guest anonone

I think "bisexualtiy" is the West's version of a more Thai attitide on sex. 

As the population in the Western countries become much more accepting and comfortable with same sex relationships, there should be less foucs on "labels"...much like the Thai culture.  At least, I hope this is the case.

Human sexuality is very complex.  

While I identify as gay I will have sex with a woman once in a while and still say Im gay.  

If a straight guy has sex with a man he has to go through some internal hell because he thinks he may be gay.  

What really is the difference?

Just enjoy whatever gender you want when you want it.

Live your life for you, not any rules set by anyone else.

Guest thaiworthy

Human sexuality is very complex.  

While I identify as gay I will have sex with a woman once in a while and still say Im gay.  

If a straight guy has sex with a man he has to go through some internal hell because he thinks he may be gay.  

What really is the difference?

Just enjoy whatever gender you want when you want it.

Live your life for you, not any rules set by anyone else.

You have a very healthy attitude, BigTop. I like the way you think.

You call that an attack? It is to guffaw.

Au contraire. That was the use of a straw, a pea, and a grin, not a WMD. I had no idea a Mod would go to such a foolish length just to protect Certain Members who's skin is as thin as spring roll wrap.

That Certain Member should be most upset and take you to task for your use of a bazooka, when a smilie would suffice.

You call that an attack? It is to guffaw.

Au contraire. That was the use of a straw, a pea, and a grin, not a WMD. I had no idea a Mod would go to such a foolish length just to protect Certain Members who's skin is as thin as spring roll wrap.

That Certain Member should be most upset and take you to task for your use of a bazooka, when a smilie would

suffice.