Guest letmetellu

Just as you thought you had found the best

Guest letmetellu

If you have never or have been to This Most Amazing Restaurant in Pattaya,

Try it now all the Kinks smoothed over, all the prices very competitive in keeping with the product, unles you do like some well healed guyz here and buy the most exspensive wine, then wonder why they get an 6000 baht bill for 2 , not silly prices as some tried to let you think, where else can you taste Imported The best Prime Angus Steak like this and a lot more. Something here for every one.

Give MANHATTANS SUMPTUOUS PRIME STEAK RESTAURANT a try, for not only a meal, but a complete eating extravaganza, like nothing else, your experience a good feeling of well being, from this All New part Gay Owned gastronomic eating delight.

since the opening I hear its taken off like a rocket.

You only have to see Dooley Wilson to see the atmosphere they are trying to create at Manhattans

post-3772-1163293616_thumb.jpg

Guest letmetellu

J'accepte l'invitation! Who brings the cockroach for the dessert?

Im sure you would not want to ruin one of there amazing yummy desserts, with your strange cravings.

I can honestly say MONTY has one of the most genuinely juiciest steaks, I have tasted at third of the price, but there again you only get what you pay for. Manhattans is an eating experience. with the Dooley Wilson type atmosphere at the Piano,when he was singing from Casablanca.

If you have never or have been to This Most Amazing Restaurant in Pattaya,

I will say that Manhattans has the best Steak in Pattaya. It was a wonderful dining experience. The place is well designed and elegant from top to bottom. As Pattaya is known for catering to you bottoms, most of you will enjoy it. :) jk

The guys who designed it really did go the extra mile and if you have not tried it, you need to give it a shot. I have eaten there 5 times and every meal was perfect.

post-2333-1163305495_thumb.jpg

Guest francois

Im sure you would not want to ruin one of there amazing yummy desserts, with your strange cravings.

It's a joke, LMTU!

You really must view the film, Victor-Victoria, to appreciate the nuance of seasoning the dessert, at an elegant restaurant, with an insecte like a cockroach. Oh, so chic or oh so cheap!

Guest letmetellu

Quote from francois :- "It's a joke, LMTU!

You really must view the film, Victor-Victoria, to appreciate the nuance of seasoning the dessert, at an elegant restaurant, with an insecte like a cockroach. Oh, so chic or oh so cheap"! end of quote.

Yes it may be a joke to you, yes I did see the original film, but what you dont seem to understand many people around the world see these postings and believe them. a mistake many writers make is they seem to think they are just writng to a few bored residents in Pattaya, when the truth is thousands from time to time read it like a soap opera, I know I have sent this forum link to over 250 friends around the world I have met over the years alone. 3 more this week have asked if i write any more any where.

You do not joke about some ones business unless you can prove it has a serious fault that you have tried to rectify with the business and got no where first, I think Niddies Nook comes to mind :)

Guest francois

LMTU, The joke is not about the restaurant, it is about you! There is no fault with the restaurant to be recitified. You preach as if you dined there but you admettre otherwise. I also viewed the video of Manhattan on TV in Pattaya; how Manhattan desirers to cater to the wealthy and infamous of Pattaya. Without doubt your many friends from around the world will parade to Manhattan after reading your critiques.

I declare to the world, this post is a soap opera, un feuilleton, a farce, not to be taken too seriously but to laugh and enjoy.

Lighten up LMTU, be not so melodramatique.

Tu sais rire de tout sauf de toi.

Yes it may be a joke to you, yes I did see the original film, but what you dont seem to understand many people around the world see these postings and believe them

It appears that our dear LetMeTellYou totally missed the joke, for which we must be eternally grateful to Francois. Maybe if the diner had dropped an ear wig onto her plate, rather than a roach, the joke might have registered with our local PT Barnum.

Actually, the roach planted on a plate in a restaurant , as a device to avoid paying for the meal, was made famous to movie goers long before the movie Victor,Victoria, by Shirley MacLaine in her classic role as the Paris hooker, Irma La Douce, in 1963.

Obviously, LMTU does not share EarWig's vaunted knowledge of show biz and the world of fine dining, both of which are demonstrably absent in his comments here. There's nothing quite like a restaurant review that extols the piano player in the bar without mentioning the small things - like the food or menu !

There's no doubt that this restaurant is upscale by most standards, especially in this town, and the several times I've eaten there, the food was good, if not spectacular. I just wonder if its urbane Manhattan ambiance with prices well beyond what this beach town expects, are too much like throwing pearls at our little piglet, Pattaya, to make this venture successful in the long term.

In any event, perhaps "LetMeEarWigYou" might be a better posting name for all these commerical promotions coming from you-know-who. I almost expect Susanne Sommers to join him in some cosmetics promotions from Beach Road.

Guest Snowkat

The other nice thing is that they will provide transportation if you need it.

As their web site is still "under construction" perhaps they should include the transportation aspect in their flyers/local adverts - (These details notably missing in the thumbnail attached to GayThailand's post above)

It's good to hear from Gaythailand that everything is perfect now as they had a few hiccups on opening nothing too serious though should not really happen.

One relevant point is their prices. When | went with a friend we had 2 Manhattan cocktails, two lower priced starters and two main courses 1 T-Bone and 1 roast ribs, plus a modest bottled of Chilean Merlot and the bill was 6500 baht. A week later I bumped into friends there - I had eaten very well at Mata Hari opposite - and their bill was 8700 baht.

We are spoilt in Thailand with low prices and it comes as a bit of a shock to pay New York Prices in a New York steakhouse.

Having said that the beef is superb either Australian or the more expensive ( but no necessarily finer) U S. The place is gorgeous and the owner certainly knows his stuff.

Guest Pearl69er

you will insist on turning on the light LMTU so that all the cockroaches go scuttering about.

Have they started taking credit cards yet ?. That was one big complaint about the place but it certainly looks very grand.

Have they started taking credit cards yet ?

I don't know, but I am guessing that the answer is yes. Tom, the manager, told me the reason they were not yet able to take credit cards was because of Thai banking regulations. A business has to be established for a full month before it is eligible to accept credit cards. It has been more than a month now, so they probably do take credit cards. Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask before making the assumption unless someone can confirm the whether they do or not.

Guest letmetellu

LMTU, The joke is not about the restaurant, it is about you! There is no fault with the restaurant to be recitified. You preach as if you dined there but you admettre otherwise. I also viewed the video of Manhattan on TV in Pattaya; how Manhattan desirers to cater to the wealthy and infamous of Pattaya. Without doubt your many friends from around the world will parade to Manhattan after reading your critiques.

I declare to the world, this post is a soap opera, un feuilleton, a farce, not to be taken too seriously but to laugh and enjoy.

Lighten up LMTU, be not so melodramatique.

Tu sais rire de tout sauf de toi.

Yes francois I am a joke, I love a joke and have a wicked sense of humor, but for some reason I was horrified when I read on a post about how good a restaurant is you write quote;_

J'accepte l'invitation! Who brings the cockroach for the dessert?

As I said to you and me it may be a joke if your in on the joke, but to many who is not it would seems you had found a cockroach and mentioned it in a previous post, which is not true so all I wanted to do is bring this to the attention of readers, and thanks to you we have hit the point home now. BIG TIME.

Also most guyz only read forums for Information. But fear of being verbally attacked by frustrated bullies stops so many from writing, which is a shame. even though I do not take the few outburst of frustration personally many do, for your Information the opening week the restaurant was soft open to diners, to the owner of the restaurant it was just ironing out the few opening problems period, its now smoothly running like a Rolls Royce car..

Now the high season is starting there will be many well healed customers who like to pay for good service, ambiance and gourmet food, I'm sure its not for those amongst us living on a pension, but even they I see those old fogies can make a special effort to look into an old ball gown and find a few bucks for a special treat, so they are not like a Big Grizzly Bear with a saw head, when they get to writing on forums.

I find it amazing you can not see what I'm trying to tell you, if you make that sort of a joke let the reader know, that's all.

Have fun

Guest francois

Fair enough LMTU, I see your point. I did leave out a few words in the punchline. It was to read, "who will bring the cockroaches for the dessert? YOU or ME?". I realized my error later.

Just like Senator Kerry in the US who forgot one word in his little joke about going to college or going to Iraq. Now that was read by all the world!

See you at Manhattan, the drinks are on me.

Guest letmetellu

Fair enough LMTU, I see your point. I did leave out a few words in the punchline. It was to read, "who will bring the cockroaches for the dessert? YOU or ME?". I realized my error later.

Just like Senator Kerry in the US who forgot one word in his little joke about going to college or going to Iraq. Now that was read by all the world!

See you at Manhattan, the drinks are on me.

Well that is so amazing and admiable of you to admit you were at fault and my fears were real.

I am so greatful for you admiting this because a few here will jump on any thing to make them self seem so wonderful and me so bad, when they really know, they are so weak and want to knock me down as they know Im always right well most of the time :blush:

Just read Hedda here she is just salivating with joy thinking Im in a corner as she is Miss goody 2 shoes, but now as you can see with gaybutton not far behind and catwampuscat under the floor boards cheering with joy and I thought some say Im ear wig, when really they are the cock roaches, trying to suck the joy out of any post. :angry:

Good luck to you what a real man you have turned out to be. Not a silly queen as we are use to when Im insulted :p

It is the same everywhere in Thailand. A new restaurant cannot take credit cards for about 3 months as the banks won't accept an application until they are trading and then it is a slow process.

International chains such as Sheraton have global arrangements so they have no problem.

It's like setting up a Direct Debit in Thailand it takes 3 months. I was delighted that here in the UK it can be done instantly on the phone with the supplier. In Thailand - well at Thai Military Bank - you cannot cancel a Direct debit yourself on your own bank account, the company that you are paying has to do that!! TIT indeed.

A couple of restaurants have opened and not been good at letting their customers know that they cannot currently accept credit cards either when they reserve or boldly on the menu.