Guest fountainhall

Heart Beat Club and Screwboys

Guest scottishguy

Very informative Jellybean - is Super A still in the old spot? (i.e. upstairs)

I heard it it had moved downstairs.

:spiteful:

PS Nobody said he was nice with the sunglasses off, so they're back on lol

Super A is downstairs. Some new guys as well and a little better than when upstairs.  The boss told me he could no longer afford the rent, so made the move.

When I was there in January, it had a lot of customers.The boys were...how shall I put it? .....willing.

And all looked at least 18.

Yes, I think that's his name.  And the pushy ladyboy mama-san is still there, nagging me to take a boy upstairs or to buy her a drink.

I'd love to see the fireworks should ever anonone and Nirishguy end up in the bar at the same time. There's this really cute guy from Myanmar - beautiful body, super friendly and GAY to boot - and I'm sure they'd be at each other's throats.  haha

I must have been there the wrong night 2 weeks ago.  Around 930pm and the saddest bunch of boys I have ever seen.  Usually can count on a couple from out of Thailand lookers.  This night there was nothing even close to be worth buying a drink for.

It was my first time in the downstairs area and it is so dark that I can only imagine what they would have looked like under normal light.

Guest fountainhall

Thanks Jellybean for the info about the free off coupon. I was back at Heart Beat last night. Over the space of around 90 minutes, a few other farang came into the bar, one getting up and putting Bt. 100 bills in the briefs of all the dancers! I invited over my favourite waiter and the very cute boy I wrote about in the OP. He had his jeans on, but quickly got rid of them so he was in this briefs like the other dancers. We had just a really great time. Even though one speaks only a little English and the other virtually none, they were just fantastic fun to be with and play around a little with!  :shok:

The manager came over to welcome me back at one point - a nice touch - but there was never pressure to off anyone. Maybe I'd bought enough drinks by that stage! I discovered that the 19 year old dancer is bisexual and not keen to bottom. Although he's slim like the others, he doesn't look femme and so I was not surprised. But he has a fabulous smile and an almost hairless body - always a turn-on for me. 

Having been in the Club now four times, I can say that I have never once failed to have a good time. And I don't think I can say that of any other bars around now.

the saddest bunch of boys I have ever seen

True. But there are a couple of diamonds amongst the rhinestones.  I'm thinking of the 2 guys (brothers??) from Myanmar.

There are a couple of other quite nice looking boys but maybe they were...er...busy upstairs.

Also, when I used to go to the old Super A up those rusty old stairs, there were never very many customers.  But now that they've moved downstairs and gained a few more boys, back in January is was very busy indeed, Granted, it was high season.

Guest fountainhall

Was back again at Heartbeat last night, and yes, asked for and got a discount on the drinks. 20 guys on stage, many of them new. Not many customers, but the boys were fun as always seems to be the case there. And everyone seems to turn a blind eye to a little bit of sleaze in the booths, if that's your fancy!

Walking back for my taxi, I noticed that Screwboys has still not reopened. The entrance is now hidden behind a contractor's screen. No idea when it will reopen.

I had a look into Heartbeat a few days ago, there were three guys on stage in their trousers, so I told the staff that I prefer all of the boys in underwear. I did not have intention to spend more time there on that day, but at least they have something to think about. (I will repeat this with loud music and smoking in various bars.)

On the same night, in Soi Twilight, Banana Bar, a boy asked me if I remember him from Screwboys. I didn't, but I asked him when it will reopen: 25. or 26. of April.

Some days ago, the outside refurbishment of Screwboys was finished. Through a gap between door and hinge (on purpose, not due to sloppy building) I could see that work inside has not finished yet. I asked a lady from a nearby bar, Screwboys will open next month and it will stay a boy bar.

On the same night, I went to Super A and this time even went in (I am very hesitant to part with my hard earned money and often take a look and decide against entering the bar if there is something I don't like, which could be loud music, smoking customer, poor light), sat down and ordered an orange juice. Helas, they didn't have orange juice! By the time they communicated their extensive drink menu (beer, soda, coke), I had seen enough (despite the very poor lighting): none of the six boys present was my type, but I appreciate the fact that they all wear underwear of their choice, so no complaints about the underwear. I might be back when they have orange juice.

This reminds of a similar case (don't remember which bar), where my first AND my second choice of drink was not available, I finally settled for water.

This reminds me of something I read somewhere: cash flow in a bar was so low, the customer had to pay upfront and someone from the staff had to go the closest 7-11 (or other market) to buy the drink.

Guest scottishguy

That may have been me (with the story I mean, not in my underwear in Super A)

This occurred in the old My Way in BKK after the old owner (Harry? Freddy?) moved on or passed on. Some Thai boys briefly had a go at running the place and on occasion you had to pay first and they'd send one of the boys to the 7-11.

However, I can go one better than that: maybe 25 years ago in Glasgow a gay bar opened on the quayside of the River Clyde and it was called Pussycats. They secured a late drinks licence on the basis of serving drinks only with a meal after a certain time -  so when it got to 10.30pm a barman went round all the customers and asked them what they would like FREE from the fish & chip shop round the corner. After taking the orders he was dispatched to said Fish & Chip shop and returned later with carrier bags full of hot food! I also remember the barman in question had been a nude teen model in the old MISTER magazine, but by that time he was well over the hill at maybe 22yo :-D .

Sorry it's rather off-topic - but I was replying to Christian.

Sending out for fish and chips ...thats  posh.

I don't what to take the thread too off course, but that reminds me of  when The George, the main gay pub in Dublin, had some similar type of license 20 years ago (they only used to have to do it week-days I think).

What they did was they just cooked up a great big vat of spaghetti at about 11.30,  and threw some bolognese sauce out of a packet on it (the end result was like something out of a Heinz spaghetti tin)

Then a few of the staff went around dishing out the plates willy-nilly on tables, sometimes to the puzzlement of the less frequent patrons.Usually a table with say, four people would be given two plates and two forks, which lead to loads of "You might as well eat it"..."No YOU eat it, i would myself only I just ate, but it is a pity to waste it"... type of conversations.

Most people were pretty indifferent to it, but what i always noticed that there were a gaggle of Trannies that used to frequent a table in an upstairs corner of a Thurday night, and they seemed to love it.

There was one older one (who used to to come in a twinset and peals - looked like a cross of David Walliams in his "I'm a Ladeee" get-up, and Mrs. Thatcher), who would go over to the waiters (well, barmen really) and imperiously insist that their table get a plateful for every person sitting there.

Which they got - obviously trying to  the regulars happy.

A friend of mine used to claim that they were so enthusiastic about it because somebody had told them that the barmen used to wank into the bolognese sauce before it was served up.

Which wasnt exactly what you wanted to think about as you watched Mrs Doubtfire at the next table trying to suck in a long strand of spaghetti....

ha ha I was actually debating going to the george tonight actually and you've just put me off the notion now ! ;-)

And likewise if I may deviate off the thread just for a second as I've one too.......here in Belfast the religious right ( who very seldom are) rule the place and so there are no lap dancing clubs etc, however it was announced that one club had foudn a loop law in the law and it was opening the next week, so immediately the religious pickets with placards like something out of Father Ted and the "down with this sort of thing" episode where outside the doors to harass, embarrass and stop any self respecting god fearing person from entering - which of course meant I immediately made a bee line for the place to intentionally run the gauntlet on its opening night just for sheer badness.

So, on arrival the waitress who took our drinks order (who lived about a mile from my house actually ) said the licence required that we order food, but they understood it was a nonsense so all they had on the menu was either a burger or a cheeseburger and both were almost inedible. Obviously as food wasn't the purpose of our visit we didn't care anyway so ordered four burgers and sat down to wait and watch the show, our food came ( it was terrible) then the waitress disappeared and five minutes later reappeared as the bloody pole / lap dancer as apparently due to the protests they couldn't get any proper dancers and had no staff  - and trust me this girl should have stuck to being a waitress as "I" would have made a better pole dancer ( and have done on occassion actually but that's a whole other story), she then nearly shit herself on finding out where I lived as she was terrified I'd tell her father she was working as a pole dancer in the first place, so in the end both she and we gave up on the whole idea and just sat drinking together the rest of the night and as we were leaving went out to the street and told the DUP protesters what a GREAT night we'd had and that there was actually a great live sex show and EVERYTHING which made them even crazier than they already were ! :-)  

Needless to say of course Belfast being Belfast the club only lasted about two weeks and was shut down by the DUP controlled Council under some other vague licensing law apparently.

Screw Boys is open again. A tout near Soi Twilight told me about it (and wanted to take me there, but I told him I know the way and just want to look, so he left me alone). When I was there (today, 00:15), show was running and more then 10 boys were sitting in underwear next to the stage. Drink price 280 Baht, closing time 3 am.

Guest fountainhall

Had much been done to the decor? Although I haven't been to that bar for a few years, I recall the go-go boys were not very attractive and were quite pushy. Has that changed?

Following dinner last night, we returned to Heartbeat Club in the small soi off Suriwong on the other side from Soi Twilight. Although only a couple of other customers were there, the boys were dancing with their usual gusto, some in mini briefs and some in jeans. My favourite waiter explained that those in jeans were newbies, although at what point the jeans come off, we did not find out  :fool:

I was at Heartbeat last December on my last night in Thailand. I was walking back to my hotel when a tout on Suriwong came toward me saying "New boy bar free off!" So I took the bait and headed down the soi. There were several boys all very enthusiastic. The owner came over and said he and his sister ran the bar. He asked if I saw anyone I liked and I said I did. He then said 500 bht take off (I had already bought a drink). I mentioned that the guy on the street said free off. The owner again said "500 bht off."  When I suggested that the guy on the street said free off, the owner's english became non-existent. I decided against going any further. I finished my drink and left. On the way out I picked up a copy of Desire magazine as there was a stack of them by the exit. When I got back to my hotel, I leafed through it and sure enough there was an ad for Heartbeat Club with a big FREE OFF in the bottom corner.