TotallyOz

Best Pizza in Bangkok

I'm surprised nobody has picked up on Michael's comment regarding his friend disliking falungs. Ok, he wrote 'many farangs' but that definitely implies he doesn't like the majority of 'them'. It depends on what is meant by the term 'many' I guess. 

Taking this a stage farther, I wonder just how many Thais actually like pizza. Don't we sometimes make the mistake of assuming because we do that everybody else does?

The BF who does not like many farangs in Thailand

Not sure it definitely implies  he doesn't like majority of them, my reading  was rather ' quite often  is voicing unfavorable opinion about farangs in Thailand' which would not be surprising considering that some of them behave like they own the place and this is not going well in the nation never colonized.

No idea about Thais love of pizza but do not assume all farangs like it , I don't for one but found this threat entertaining and interesting

Well, we lived in Pattaya for a long time and he mostly dislikes Pattaya Farangs. But, I think that has to do with the constant BS a "taken" boy gets from others trying to woo him away.

I went on a boat trip to the River Kwai a few years back. It was organized by a group of Pattaya expats and they charged a price for the boys to go but provided some whiskey etc and guaranteed the boat. I took around 20 guys with me. That means I paid for them, paid for their ticket, their transportation and liquor. I won't even begin to say how much this cost. But, one of the sponsors of the trip took a liking to one of the guys I brought. He was insistently following him around and hitting on him. The young lad was nice but kept saying no and moving on. Finally, the older farang said, "I am one of the sponsors of this trip and you must go to my cabin with me." Many Thais would simply do as asked but he turned back and said as he pointed at me, "That is my sponsor for this trip." The old man came over and asked my name and I chatted with him and he asked if the boy was taken and I said, "Yes, he is." Truth is that he wasn't but he had already filled me in on the guy. The man said, "well, I pay a great deal for this trip and guys like him should not be invited."

The story is simple. There are many like that from guys I know. When a farang treats a guy with such disrespect, it is often taken against the whole lot of us. Sad, but true.

I like your post but story is appalling and no wonder your boyfriend doesn't like assholes like one you described. One of those I mentioned above acting like they own the place and it's people.

Do not think how much it cost you but count all those merits you earned by taking those boys there, money well spent.

This guy was lucky that it was not me, Because I'm not a very bad person but at that moment i would of break something and for sure it would of bean him. How can a man be so much disrespect, Lucky for him it was you Michael you and your big heart... Probably save him.

I'm surprised too that he did not drown by accident somewhere mid-river.

I love my pizza. Over the years I have tried many different places and my favorites have changed over time. I have been to Zanotti when I used to stay in the apartments above which I regarded as a decent pizza and the same with Scoozi.  On my last trip a year ago I got hooked on Pizza Pizza on the top floor at CentralWorld, a few doors away from the supermarket/ movie theater.  It was a nice thin crust and I liked the meatball pizza.

Interesting to see that I show up as a newbie here although my registration goes back to 2007.  I guess I have not posted in a LONG time.

La Tana Silom Soi 6, have walked past many times over the years, and a few months ago decided to go with a Farang friend. Have been back with Farang friends several times, all of us liked their pizza. Some items on the menu are on the expensive side (pizza 400 Baht, other meals 600 Baht), but they have pizza specials for 140 and 190 Baht. Their menu is the most confusing I have ever seen. Pictures separate from names, pizza after dessert.

Madrid restaurant in Patpong (coming from Silom Soi 4, the first Patpong soi, on the left side, about 50 meters from Silom). Have been twice with a friend, and good pizza every time. Available in size S, M, L, thin crust. Competitive price (M size about 250 to 300 Baht). The most unusual place for a restaurant, I learnt about it on stickmanweekly.

The most unusual place for a restaurant, I learnt about it on stickmanweekly.

this is what I thought when I found Foodland supermarket  in  middle of the Patpong, what a amazing location, just beside a bar advertising ' more than 50 beautiful girls and few ugly ones".

Thank to this Patpong is place where I shop for groceries and have a breakfast / 59 baht special before 9 am at Foodland /  

Soi Thaniya, where Japanese are whoring for me is a place to go to exchange money as jeweler there usually has the best rates.

so yes, Patpong is more than just girls and fake Rolexes, after all we have bar there too -Screwboys, right under Pavillion Hotel.

"La Tana" Silom Soi 6 is no more. A pity! I ate there several times, alone or with friends, and I/we were usually happy with their food.

Some weeks ago, there was corrugated iron in front of the shop (blocking the view), to separate construction area from public area. Now the restaurant is gone, the vneue looks like massage, and there was traffic of massage boys to and from Thai Prime.

Pizza Nando in Suan Phlu Soi 8.

Went there three times with Farang friend, always good pizza, the last (Vegetarian 2) even "excellent" in my notes.

Only water, beer, soft drinks; no fruit juice.

Pizza Pala in Sukhumvit (ground floor, when you come from MRT and go to BTS) was good (only one visit so far).

see here as well: http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/article/bangkoks-best-pizza

What I'm still looking for is pizza with goat cheese that can match the pizza we had when I was working near Paris.