Guest Devint6669

Ruen Urai in Gay Bangkok

Guest Devint6669

I went to Ruen Urai restaurant. It is located in The Rose Hotel but Like Fountainhall says it is separate the Rose Hotel. I when there Because of is last Post he said some nice things about this place.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8926-update-2-on-suriwong-bars/?hl=%2Bruen+%2Burai
and Here a other post for the hotel next to this place
The Rose Hotel
http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8600-the-rose-hotel-in-gay-bangkok/?hl=%2Bruen+%2Burai

It is an experience to live in Bangkok and Ruen Urai has some of best dishes you will have the pleasure to eat. The set up of the restaurant is in a old Thai style home in the heart of Bangkok. I recommend everyone to enjoy the savors of Thai traditional cuisine in this elegant ambiance and also if you don't want to eat just come visit this urban oasis to have nice cold drink. This restaurant is open from 12 noon to 11 pm.

It is a fantastic restaurant. I really enjoy this place as the food was great. I tried one of the Traditional *Khao Neaw Mamuang* - this Dish is Mango and Stick Rice one of My favorite desert in Thailand Cost 150 thb and also I had as a appetizers the *Satay Ghoong Rhue Pla Salmon* this is Barbecued satay Salmon serve whit there home made peanut sauce it was mouth watering totally love it, the cost of this dish 300 thb. Next i had *Nuea Yaang Rhue Khor* this is a beef salad it was spicy but it was great, The cost of this dish 280thb and as main dish *Bped Yaang* this is Duck plate that was so tasty it cons it in a Barbequed Duck, stir-fried in a black pepper sauce. cost me 300.

It was a great experience but it was not cheap in Thai standard It a Big 5 star for me.

There Website:   http://www.ruen-urai.com/

Facebook:          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruen-Urai/105695779517457

Address: 118 Surawongse Road, Bangrak Bangkok 10500 Thailand

Tel: +66 (02) 2668268-72  Fax: 66 (02) 266 8096

Open Hour 12 noon to 11 pm.

post-13390-0-02451900-1372579450_thumb.png

post-13390-0-04671400-1372579457_thumb.png

Guest fountainhall

I was there again on Monday. The food was excellent - as usual - and my visiting friend loved it. As for expense, it's way less than many of the up-market Thai restaurants in town, but clearly a good bit more more than the cheap ones. If I recall correctly, total price is slightly higher than Mango Tree, but not much unless you load yourselves with drinks. The bill for dinner on Monday was Bt. 1,354 for two which included a couple of drinks. The last time I was there it was around Bt. 1,700 but then we did have a whole steamed fish (which tends to be pricier), desserts and drinks.

One tip. Always try and get a table on the ground floor. The ambience is far nicer and service upstairs can be on the slow side. So it's well worth booking in advance.

Had dinner there with a group of 7 including 4 farang with 3 Thai guys. We left the ordering to our guys and they went overboard with their selections.  After stuffing myself on the appetizers I thought the meal was over but that was when it began! Hardly had room for any of the main courses.  Price/person was about 1000 TB. All the food was excellent.

Guest fountainhall

We left the ordering to our guys and they went overboard with their selections.

Oops! Not a good idea in even moderately expensive restaurants, I have found!