TotallyOz

Money for One Month

I have a boyfriend that I will take care of when I leave for Brazil for New Year's Eve. I want to be good to him and to be fair. I also want him to be well taken care of but not spoiled. It is a fine line.

If the boyfriend goes back to their home and is not in Pattaya, what do you think is a good weekly or monthy amount to deposit into the bank account? Notice I want to be generous but not overly generous. I also do not want him to have to work or worry for anything.

I have a boyfriend that I will take care of when I leave for Brazil for New Year's Eve. I want to be good to him and to be fair. I also want him to be well taken care of but not spoiled. It is a fine line.

If the boyfriend goes back to their home and is not in Pattaya, what do you think is a good weekly or monthy amount to deposit into the bank account? Notice I want to be generous but not overly generous. I also do not want him to have to work or worry for anything.

I think that would depend on the circumstances of his home life. If you have not already done so, why not sit down with him and discuss what his needs really are and what his family will expect of him, assuming they know he "has a 'farang' and take it from there?

Guest francois

GT, If it is only for one month then it is Up to You. For me I have found that 16,000 TB on a recurring monthly basis is more than adequate but not overly generous.

Guest pete1969

That is a very difficult question without knowing his circumstances. My current BF has a house and a car payment in his name, so he needs more than did my last BF. He is also at University.

I've read that 20,000 baht is the minimum to expect a bar boy or girl to actually stay out of the bar, and it makes sense to me if you don't want him to work or to want for anything.

GT, I like my BFs to use the money I give them when in LOS to create a small business. My current BF has a noodle shop that he opened for about 30 K baht that pulls in 8-12 K baht per month in profit. You might see if there is some small shop you can finance for your BF and give him 20 K baht per month as an allowance on top of that. A lot of guys actually get bored in the sticks and want something to do.

My two cents.

Guest tdperhs

I have a boyfriend that I will take care of when I leave for Brazil for New Year's Eve. I want to be good to him and to be fair.

I am intrigued by your use of the word fair here. You are leaving the country for a period that will apparently last for months, since you are asking for a monthly pay schedule. During that time you expect to receive what in return for your money? Fidelity? Loyalty?

What will he be doing with the extra time? Playing video games? Watching TV? Picking up some extra cash on the beach?

Where is the fairness to you? Your are headed for Thailand South. Surely you won't be sleeping in a cold bed. How much will you need to spend there?

If you are going to support this man while you are gone, first think about what is fair to you. If you don't, he won't either and you will find the value of your money and your relationship grossly deflated.

I've been there, too. What so many of us do is generously put what we perceive to be their needs ahead of our own, thinking we are doing something wonderful for someone who has shared his body and his beauty with us. But, what to our thinking is a gift becomes to his thinking an expectation. Perhaps the beginning of a phase of negotiation that gets him more input for less outlay.

If you are providing him with a roof and nourishment while you are gone, factor those into your gift, as well as anything else you provide regularly. If his maintenance costs significanlty more when you're there than while you're gone, then you are not being fair to you.

2. How about a monthly stipend that equals the amount you spent on the dinner at Manhattans?

Thanks. That sounds about right to me. Should I include the tip I left for the staff in that amount or is the first amount sufficient? :)

Each was wearing new designer pants, shirts, shoes and gold.

Now Now. This is Thailand. Are you sure that this was not knock off goods? It is very hard here to tell the difference. :) Unless you are a true fashion queen. BTW: Did you see my watch that night? What odds are you giving that it was original or a copy?

I am sure those of us left in Pattaya will also help the lads out financially after you leave so don't worry too much about them.

The kind generiosity of the guys here never cease to amaze me. Thank you for your help. Both I and the boyfriend (s) appreciate it. :)

Guest gonefishing

Why not just find out how much a person with a BA makes per month as a receptionist in hotel or similar job and give him that amount?

Between 6,000 and 7,000 per month plus tips. A bank manager gets about 15,000 plus (usually) a free room in the bank building.

How much a Thai "needs" per month is as impossible to quantify as how much a farang "needs" - I know farangs who get by quite happily on 25,000 per month, while others are struggling to keep their expenditure below 250,000.

Jealously, thy name is TruthTeller.

And that is the truth, Aunty. How do you like this guy? He registers just so he can post this kind of garbage? Are we going to hear all about how appalling GayThailand's lifestyle is? I'd love to have the means to do the same things. It is quite clear that so would TruthTeller. GayThailand is living exactly the life he wishes to lead. Isn't that terrible? I'd like to know how his life, or anyone else's for that matter, is anyone's business except his own. All these things that he was "seen" doing. Sheeesh! Didn't anyone see him the day he took a dump on the mangos at Big-C?

Guest YardenUK

TRUTH teller - well at least the guy appreciates irony!

Good luck to you GT, and good luck to your boys!

I am amazed at the amount of jealousy and venom that sometimes appears on these kind of boards - we are all gay and we all have different incomes and different luck in love - vive la difference!

I think GT's coterie looks wonderful! PHOARRRRR!!!!! I am only mildly jealous ha ha ha ha

Surely however anyone wishes to spend their money, and more importantly, enjoy their life, is up to them.

Can we all be nice to each other please? ;)

Guest TruthTeller

When someone post his wanderings/life/fantasies/BS as much as GayThailand does and he asks a question about how much he should give to a hooker, it doesn

Can we all be nice to each other please? ;)

Thanks YardenUK. I appreciate the kind words. Have you been to Pattaya? Nice to each other? You must have skipped the gay scene here. : jk

One of my favorite movies is Roadhouse. It is staring the sexy Dirty Dancing star. He is a bouncer for a sleazy bar. He is training the other bouncers and he says no matter what someone does, you simoply be nice. I would love a world in which we were all nice to each other. Especially gay men. I have never really understood why those of us with so much in common are able to find so many differences that keep us so separate. It makes no sense to me at all.

What you are doing is ostrasing the boys from other potential customers.

Perhaps that is why when I leave I have no less than 20 guys ask me which bar they will be working at or where they can find them to take them off. :)

If you really wanted to help the gay community and the boys, why not parade all thier little cute asses to the local clinic and have them checked for HIV, with the follow-up 3 months later? That my dear would put you in a much more positive light with us less wealthy guys.

Actually, if you have read my posts in the past, all of the guys I have been with for over a week have been to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and had an HIV test. All that are with me now were tested less than 2 months ago and are negative. I wonder if you can say that about the guys you are with?

Hell, it may even help them with future customers knowing they have been with you and have been checked for STD

***TROLL ALERT! *** TROLL ALERT!***

When one sees a fool and/or boor raving on the street he is ignored and passed by without eye contact. Why on Earth would one engage him in conversation on the internet?

If one wants to be rid of a stray mongrel one doesn

Guest YardenUK

a little Post Script from a farang "hanger-on" :p

(........although I think I have only spoken to GT 2 times, and I don't remember hanging onto anything on either occasion ;) Please correct me if I am wrong! )

Surely in this little world of ours, whatever anyone does or whatever way anyone choses to live their life is their own concern - as long as that person isn't harming anyone else in the process. From what I can see the only thing being harmed here is SOME people's sensibilities (NB I will avoid using the word jealousies!), and frankly the only word for that is "TOUGH".

I think we should all look at our own lives and concentrate on that before we start criticising others.

And frankly the rant about HIV is just bizarre and in extremely bad taste. It really shows an underlying ignorance.

I say it yet again - i am astounded by those people who seem to have so little to do in their lives other than post ciriticisms of others on this board - i am sure most members want a board full of relevant information and the sharing of ideas in a friendly and positive way. What started this thread and the latter (but one)post is frankly sad and puerile beyond belief.

have a lovely weekend :)