What's the going rate for long time tips in Pattaya?

26 members have voted

1. 1. What's the going rate for long time tips in Pattaya?

• 1000 or less
    • 3500 or more

Bar will charge you off fee 300-400 for taking boy out. This charge is sure thing !

When in bar you will buy drink yourself , otherwise you will feel awkward and will be pestered by mamasans constantly. If boy will be sitting with you which is good idea so you can  familiarize himself with him a bit it will be nice if you buy him a drink as well.

It 's possible to avoid drink expenditure if you enter bar and immediately see boy you like , nothing wrong with skipping drink parts and just taking him out  after paying off fee.

This will be a case if you were in bar say ,  night before and already made your mind. No need for drink  liturgy in such a case.

As per thread above short time / 1-3 hrs / tip should be 1000 or may be more if you are happy or./and  boy is unhappy with 1000 ,

long time / overnight / tip should be 1500 or more for the same reasons.

There are two schools, one doesn't discuss money at all , you just pay going ratewhen boy is ready to leave. Second one is to agree on tip beforehand.

Both options have good and bad sides so make your own mind what you prefer.

You would not be popular with bar owners if you just go inside and try to off a boy without buying drinks !. Bars don't make money from the off fee. When you take a boy you are depriving the bar of future revenue in that he attracts custom. A gay bar without boys would not be busy !.

Of course if you are working to a budget you have to factor in the cost of drinks, boy drinks and tips, so your nights pleasure will cost rather more than the standard 1500 baht. There might be other incidentals like transport bar to hotel (eg bar in Sunee to hotel in Boystown) and even breakfast for the boy.

One things for sure - the 2000+ baht total is a hell of a lot less than you would pay in Europe or North America.

I usually don't discuss the tip and I don't remember bar boys often bringing it up. Boys on gayromeo do however sometimes, possibly because they cannot accurately appraise the customer.

Dave , what  you meant bars don't make money from off fees ? Look at Dreamboys, off fee is 650, drink just 380, even in ABomb is 400 versus 200 if not 180. Certainly they are compensated for fact that boy is leaving a stage.

Actually all my 4 offs / 3 boys , one twice / in Nov from Dreamboys were drinkless - had a drink night before, spied some cuties and next day just entered asking if boy is there and took him out, did not even sit in bar, no fuss.

Although I understand your reasoning - if all boys are taken out then no reason to step inside but this doesn't happen too often and likely only in smaller bars. I recall somebody was reporting few years ago  Nature Boys deserted after farang offed all boys that evening.

Absolutely on your side with comparison to prices elsewhere -  where I live it cost 20$ per song for boy to table dance , song lasts 5 minutes, so 15 minutes would be 60$ =1800 baht and  body contact is very limited if any. Whole night encounter likely would be in thick hundreds.

As for tips I go case by case , sometimes I ask up front, sometimes just tip him and ask if he is happy. I agree boys are seldom bringing it up but can imagine if under tipped they would. Good indication is when they ask for taxi money but at times this is out of greed, had boy in May, sandbag in bed, tipped going rate and still asked for taxi money, tried his luck I guess. Did not give him offering advice ' you got enough already' instead.

If no tip is discussed we must prepare for out of sky quotation sometimes , again likely boys are sensing newbie of week knees clinent and trying their luck. Boy from BoyClub , formed Scandic in the Boyztown wanted 5000 for long time when we discussed possibility but immediately agreed to half of that which was over going rate anyways but I was impressed with his body and massage skills so felt generous. Clearly this was ' try and let's see case' and at times it may work fore them if client is fresh from the plane.

Yes-but this also varies per bar.

Difference between BKK and PTY-prices has more to do with the teamoney to the brown boys where the protests are now so against. Corruption. F..k off to Dubai (I hear it every day).

Note that sometimes, while they allow you to simply hire an off, they may charge you more-for the assumed miss in income for not selling drinks.

If in BKK they would ask for taxi-money, you can always tell to wait for the free bus (yes, there are-they serve about any main road). And in PTY its 10 bt (5 mostly for Thai in the know). Or that you rather have soophap kwa.

You would not be popular with bar owners if you just go inside and try to off a boy without buying drinks !. Bars don't make money from the off fee Nonsense. They make money out of everything. Most in fact require boys to pay back, or cut their salary, if they do not have enough offs to cover that salary. You nellies should be more customer oriented.

Note that sometimes, while they allow you to simply hire an off, they may charge you more-for the assumed miss in income for not selling drinks.

If in BKK they would ask for taxi-money, you can always tell to wait for the free bus (yes, there are-they serve about any main road). And in PTY its 10 bt (5 mostly for Thai in the know). Or that you rather have soophap kwa.

I read it somewhere about upping off price  without drink purchased but personally never had such experience and I'd say more often than not I off boy without drink either because I was in bar before and know whom I want or seeing boy on the stage made fast decision.

Second approach is not advisable as often looks and performance are not matched, it's actually better to invest in drink , talk to the boy and feel his skin a bit. 

At 3 a.m. is heartless to advise boy about free bus but if one tip him well can send a boy home with clear conscience. This is what I prefer and never pay any taxi allowance.

I resist the request for "taxi money". In Pattaya they have in mind for example 50 baht for a motor bike taxi ride Boystown to Tukcom where a lot of then live. When I've paid a fair price, usually 1500 for long time I don't want to be screwed for this small increase. It's a minor fraud anyway as they would walk and keep the 50.

Vinapu - we are going to agree to disagree about your practice of offing boys without buying drinks in the bar. I still think it is better to enter and buy at least one drink. This gives you the opportunity to appraise the available boys before making the major investment of offing long time or short time.

Just looking at the results of the poll I see one member has quoted 3500 + as the LT going rate in Pattaya. I wonder if he would like to give the justification for this figure?. I think I could pay 2000 on occasions for a particularly attractive boy giving me a good experience, but I would say it's too high for the "going rate".

Do tips go up during peak season over Xmas / New Year ?. I'm never in Thailand then but will arrive mid January when it's. Regarded as High Season.

I resist the request for "taxi money". In Pattaya they have in mind for example 50 baht for a motor bike taxi ride Boystown to Tukcom where a lot of then live. When I've paid a fair price, usually 1500 for long time I don't want to be screwed for this small increase. It's a minor fraud anyway as they would walk and keep the 50.

Vinapu - we are going to agree to disagree about your practice of offing boys without buying drinks in the bar. I still think it is better to enter and buy at least one drink. This gives you the opportunity to appraise the available boys before making the major investment of offing long time or short time.

Just looking at the results of the poll I see one member has quoted 3500 + as the LT going rate in Pattaya. I wonder if he would like to give the justification for this figure?. I think I could pay 2000 on occasions for a particularly attractive boy giving me a good experience, but I would say it's too high for the "going rate".

Do tips go up during peak season over Xmas / New Year ?. I'm never in Thailand then but will arrive mid January when it's. Regarded as High Season.

Nothing to disagree , I actually am on your side but in real life I just don't  follow my own theory. And do not have any regrets on skipped drinks . When I go to bar to see show I purchase drink for myself and a boy, either one I drag with me there or one picked up from the bar line, if this is a case I tip him as well on top of drink.

Always tip fuck show boys, at least one big cock participant and at least one boy from stage apart from one who was sitting with me. 

So I feel justified if day or two later I just show up to grab the boy without drink, particularly at Dreamboys with their 650 off fee.

I'd not be concerned about boy milking me for another 50 if I paid my standard rate but would not give a baht more if paid more. Bigger fraud they are subjecting us is when they promise , say , long time and after  few hours phone call from dying mother causes end of roll in the sheets  because they must leave.

I doubt somebody consider 3500  going rate may may be this is what person paid - sometimes boys are not afraid to quote extraorbitant price - one of my massage boys wanted 5000 for long time when I asked.

Last time I was there for Christams was in 2002, I remember I was wondering about seasonal  increase in rates but it was not a case, in fact one boy converted voluntarily short time to long one and refused extra money.