Guest anonone

GUY club -walking street - closed as of today

Guest anonone

We stopped by GUY club last night. We were told last night was the final night they would be open for business. They are closing up the location.

Most of the staff will probably end up at Wild West Boys.

I will miss GUY club for the high energy dancing and open late. But does give me a reason to check out WWB again, see how many friends end up there.

Likely they were out of place, boy's club in middle of girlie bars, confusing to prospective patrons as to what segment of market they were catering for - straight ladies of gay men.

Sad news for me as wanted but did not manage to visit them during my brief stay in PTY last month, saw their location in the morning and found it  kind of exotic at that location..

Guest anonone

It was an interesting place. A lot of customers were ladies that wanted to see some sexy boys dancing....like only a Thai twink can dance. Some gay customers. Some couples. Last night a very nice Korean couple were in the bar, having a great time.

A unique place. I will miss it.

Sad news for me as wanted but did not manage to visit them during my brief stay in PTY last month

I've never visited it either. The location is not convenient & I'm not going there until firstly getting bored with Boyztown & Sunee, which never happens on a holiday.

All it needs is enough other prospective customers reaching the same conclusion as us and the business is unsustainable.

It was always interesting to call in for for a beer and watch the human side of things unwrap as you may have seen a single guy come in one minute looking for a boy  - usually Russian for some reason and more often than not even hammered or off his head on something) and then perhaps a mixed gender couple where the older type lady was looking for a boy for herself and maybe the husband wanted to watch or join in or vice versa or all three ! I was friendly with one of the guys from the bar and we spent a bit of time together with some of the staff over songkran one year and the crack was always good and some of the stories they told about the "str8" ladies and their requests and their hygiene of all things would have turned you !  

My only complaint ( and I can't believe I've turned in to one of "those" people saying this on a gay forum!) - but the music was too damned loud !  

However before being cast as some old fogey ( as 'm not)I should point out that the music was intentionally set almost to deafening levels. This I think was a throw back to the first year or two of the operation of the bar when they used to have their sliding doors fully opened but a black drape placed completely covering the door with guys where outside dancing out on the street and this needed the music loud to get through the curtain to give a "club" feel going to both add a little mystic to the place and to whet the passers by interest and also make them stop to look through the curtain ( where they were grabbed by a waiter to come in) and for the place to perhaps look busier / more exciting than it actually was.

I'm told it was also to keep on the right side of the police as well, however I seem to recall they were ordered to stop doing the outside dancing part ( or decided to stop paying those who allowed it) and so the door had to be permanently closed over - but it seems no one told the DJ to alter the volume of the music accordingly hence the volume, resulting in shouting in each ear and then playing a bit of a guessing game was the only way of deciding where in the  "Hello, what your name" list questions you actually were  as neither party could hardly hear a word the other was saying  - which actually i found wasn't such a bad thing sometimes :-)

But it's a pity it's closed as I quite liked the idea of a / some gay bars / club on walking street and think they would still work if set up correctly and it was always nice to have somewhere gay to pop into for a beer when out doing the normal walking street thing of an evening while getting away from Sunee / BT etc for a while.

I went at least once, more than a year ago. The last times I came across WWB or GUY, neither of them had enough boys to entice me in (if there are just 5 boys, I can see in a second that none of them is my type, and I leave without ordering a drink). If all boys are now in WWB, that will be over ten, so I will go in and have a drink.

My major complaint is that boys are in trousers (just shirtless). I won't pay for that. One time I walked past GUY, all boys were fully dressed! Another time, most were in underwear. I will wait until most boys are in underwear in WWB (and let the doorman know that I will go elsewhere, were boys are in underwear instead of trousers).