Guest luckystar

which is the most happening sauna in Bangkok

I think that the answer depends on the interpretation of "happening" and for whom it happens.

In general sense, I give the place No. 1 to Babylon, not only in BKK but among all other cities I have visited, which are many. One can be entertained in the sauna for a whole afternoon, and if we take the combined experience of the sauna and the lodging at its barracks it could become a nearly self-sufficient place to stay without leaving for a couple of days. (for those who are low-key and want much rest free of stress. I find that their foam parties are the best value for the one-time visitor.  But Babylon is not a place for orgies, although they have a decent cruising area with hot saunas, rooms, but nudity is limited.

When the "happening" means exclusively the experience of sex, with good probability to score to full satisfaction, I think the No 1 place is Sauna Mania on its nude nights on Thursdays and Sundays around 7PM.  They have a decent little gym too, but once the sex is over there is no reason to stay around.  So it offers good sex in a time efficient way at a reasonable cost. 

(all this is from the perspective of a somewhat older Caucasian in good shape, not too picky but with some standards)

39 Underground is busy on weekend afternoon,

Deja Vu on their staff naked party (thursday around 9pm),

Farose 2 on weekends from 11 pm on, even with disco and unlimited free drinks (alcoholic as well! from 2 am the drunks fall asleep in the venue)

Yes, I also find the events at DejaVu interesting, like the "naked staff", "mask party", same as the "orgy zone" and "kites" at Cruising sauna. 

But I have little experience with Farose 2, and much curiosity.  I was only once there last year, and I was impressed by its size, the pool and area around it, the gym, the spiral staircase to the upper floors.  It is in disarray and understandably some find it "spooky".  I had some fun but there were few people, perhaps because I left in time to go back to Lumpini before transports stopped.  Next time I will stay pass midnight and see what happens.

I have been in a busy 39 Underground, but found few opportunities to relate to the many statues standing around.

Maybe a little off-topic, but a question comes to my mind.

Does anyone know what happened to this site utopia-asia.com ??

I remember ten years ago it was THE source of information for gay Asia. 

Today I find it very outdated.  For example, under gay saunas they don't even list R3 sauna...

Periodically they remove older reader's comments.

Since few seem to comment there anymore, there are practically no reviews.

Today I saw only ONE review among all BKK saunas!

And it is understandable why:  they made it very difficult to enter new comments.

So what happened?  Did the reclusive original owner of the site die?

Or did he underwent "conversion therapy" and is now straight?

Guest chrysalis

Just back from Sauna Mania last weekend. My first time at Sauna Mania.

The crowd is hot, with many gym fit guys. There are at least 30 people on Sat evening. There are the usual posers, but most are keen to have fun. 

Facilities look old and cruising ground is kinda limited. They should have just convert the 3rd and 4th floor to air conditioned maze or dark rooms. Quite a waste to have mattresses out in the open.