Everything posted by vinapu
-
Bangkok braces for Hazardous Dust
while I feel sorry for you guys I'd be happy to share your pain. Clean air here but -1 as I type it
-
This is scary
this is what I meant and it's why I object to narrative that Gazans have what they had voted for. Unfortunately word ' only ' needs to be removed as it's very inaccurate. If you have doubts I invite you to observe any crossing from Palestine to Israel proper or to stroll through Hebron in West Bank. Raise your head when strolling to Tomb of Patriarchs and you notice guys with the guns on the roofs. They are not Palestinians, rest assured
-
Pattaya Massage shops review 2023
+1
-
Chinese Tourists Avoiding Thailand: BBC Report
Hard to deny. I have my hotel indulgencies but rather not in three digits dollar range. Reason is not only monetary but I noticed that more opulent room is less inclined I'm to step out. What needs to be said , among other things Thailand hotels , even in higher range, are affordable in comparison in other places and if somebody is inclined to bask in some affordable hotel luxury, Thailand along with Cambodia and Vietnam are places to go. I confirm Orson's findings as I check Bangkok prices from time to time , it seems that hotels are holding their prices comparatively quite high. Trying to recoup covid time losses I guess.
-
Chinese Tourists Avoiding Thailand: BBC Report
for a week ?
-
Airlines flying at the ‘speed of sound’ right now
Gaiety ! I wanted to mention it in my post above but couldn't recall name, thank you for bringing it up.
-
Israel And The Palestinians: A Nightmare In Desperate Search Of A Solution
Looks that it's their crooked and blood soaked logic but one who sows the wind harvests storm.
-
Airlines flying at the ‘speed of sound’ right now
no, but taking into consideration cost of accommodation in NYC I proposed handy suggestion. I was blessed with friends living there so my 20 or so visits were accommodation cost free. Unfortunately they moved , divorced and died so that option is closed now but at the same time it closed I discovered charms of Bangkok and don't miss NYC anymore. Specially now when 8th Avenue and Times Square are gentrified why go? ( Just kidding )
-
4a.m. Closing for bars from Dec. 15
my guess is , by Christmas Jomtien will be in
-
Is There An Effective Way To Protest?
no, I'm not climate change denier. That is very complex and not fully recognized issue though. I was trying to be bit funny in my way. If you mention ice age it can't be denied that climate substantially warmed without burning fossil fuels. Not trying to a start argument , just pointing how complex issue is. Where I live climate change materializes bit differently as winter seem to be milder and summers less humid and scorching. It's not unique , it's why global warming was changed to climate change. Summer of 2023 was first since I bought AC in 1990 when I did not fire it even once. Fact that I was away for about half of time helped but still it was another , it can be even argued, bigger half.
-
Airlines flying at the ‘speed of sound’ right now
still beats sleeping on the platform of Grand Central, even if free
-
Israel And The Palestinians: A Nightmare In Desperate Search Of A Solution
war is such horrible thing chiefly because ever since modern weaponry was developed is about killing innocent and unarmed people. It's why it should be avoided by any cost. Too bad neither Hamas nor Putin aren't reading this board. Unfortunately current one was not started by Israelis. Yes , Palestinians have tons of legitimate grievances but that doesn't not change fact that current carnage was triggered by Hamas onslaught. Like in every other war , aggressor need to take into consideration that side attacked will respond with all force it can muster. They broken all rules including main one- don't start war without idea how you want finish it and means to meet your goal.
-
This is scary
as somebody already remarked , liberal using of word ' genocide ' dilutes it meaning
-
This is scary
No doubt Hamas has or at least had support of big chunk of Gazans but I wouldn't place too much faith in election process there to put it mildly. Election when population is terrorized are not the same like we have in the West. Would you blame North Koreans, Cubans or Equatorial Guineans for faults of leaders "they elected"?
-
International tourists to Cambodia shoot up 211%
I do hope somebody will go there soon and will find for us
-
Airlines flying at the ‘speed of sound’ right now
You are correct, I'd even throw more exotic , when comes to transiting, countries to the list like Ecuador. Mexico , Jordan of Ethiopia. This seems unique North American feature just like charging sales tax on top of price posted.
-
Israel And The Palestinians: A Nightmare In Desperate Search Of A Solution
Having legitimate grievances doesn't justify supporting animal like behavior of Hamas but doesn't invalidate legitimate Palestinian' grievances. They chose wrong people to express those , goes without saying but to prevent repeat such atrocities in the future their cell must be opened. Israelis wont behead babies, ( not that sure about raping girls, but lets assume they won't ) but in their justified quest to fell safe no doubt they will kill much more babies in their onslaught of Gaza they Hamas did on Oct 7 as ration of Palestinian death vs. Israelis was always multiplier of the second. as for strict sharia law , while you are correct , short visit to Mea Sharim will tell you that such treatment of women is not limited to Arabs and it's clearly something in the Middle Eastern water which makes their men thinking that low about their mothers, sisters and daughters
-
Is There An Effective Way To Protest?
always was. I read somewhere that countries like Germany and Poland had 4 seasons and corresponding climate change happening as early as IX century. Apparently there were wet and dry seasons in what is now India and Bangladesh in V century already.
-
Is There An Effective Way To Protest?
Damaging artworks is criminal and should be treated as such, even damaging those of dubious value. Interrupting performances may send message across but not necessarily in a way intended
-
Teens Warned about Safe Sex as HIV Infections Rise
he was, it's why they divorced
-
4a.m. Closing for bars from Dec. 15
one nonsesnse removed , next one is created next minute like Jomtien is another city 27 km from Pattaya or Naklua right on Lao border
-
First Came 'Love China'; Now It's 'Love Britain'
and that gradually but surely HongKong become just another Chinese city with only difference being driving on wrong side of the road and using different currency, both easy to normalize. In case of traffic they should do what Sweden did in 60 ties and start with moving trucks to drive on the right first
-
Airlines flying at the ‘speed of sound’ right now
reminds me my first flight to Thailand. It was just post 9/11 , early Nov2001 so plane was not full. Thai flight from Los Angeles had refuelling stop at Kansai(Osaka), we were made to deplane but because security checks it was going pretty slow. I, as always sitting in the back was one of the last to leave and by time I reached scanner that already started boarding back so basically I just had circular walk and went straight back to my , still warm seat
-
Apps in Thailand
that's sounds like calling humble princess "Empress"
-
International tourists to Cambodia shoot up 211%
this is what somebody reported but on some clip on YouTube I saw poster in the airport advertising 12.50 ( 50000 riels) for getting into town by car which sounds more reasonable