Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggobkk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggobkk

  1. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    DivineMadman is my Forum expert on massage venues. He gets right to the essentials and provides an excellent point by point summary...e.g. "Hero specializes in..." As far as being in the room expertise: one has to tip his hat (or something else) to Vinapu. LEt DiveMadman and Vinapu be your guides. I do not like the massage places where you are shown a photo. Too often the photo was taken in "better" days.
  2. ggobkk replied to firecat69's topic in Gay Thailand
    I'm flying to Bangkok from San Francisco in mid-January. I'm on United with a $649 round trip price. I'm in premium economy as a result of Mileage Plus status so there's no add on charge for that or up to two pieces of luggage. That stated, I check with google.flight about comparative pricing. This trip I didn't cancel the price watch and receive periodic updates and have seen the UA price go as high as $1,800, then drop to $1,200, then up again, then down...comparable flights from SF have remained in the $800 range with out much fluctuation. The United/ANA flight seems to be the quickest. Makes no sense, other than to plan ahead (when possible) and keeping checking fares. I set a price that I'm willing to pay and if I see a fare in that range when I want to travel, I take it. If there are miles for future travel all to the good. Most miles nowadays seem to come from using my credit card(s).
  3. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    This topic is a tribute to good memories and welcome for that
  4. a447a - which bar was this...sounds like Golden Cock? Also, what a holiday gift this week to the forum: new reports from you and Vinapu!
  5. You've summed up my strategy for surviving into later old age...when I reach the point of not being able to travel, the $$ I save will help stave off the effects of inflation and medical care. Until then, I'll keep investing in the "charms" of Thailand...
  6. It's great to have you back as a narrator of experience. While, your comments to/on posts tend to be spot on, it's your longer form that pulls me along. I suspect that the boys at Tawan have talked among themselves and now have your "off" number and preference requirements on the staff bulletin board as well as their phones.. Then, again, I suspect you know that... The boys at Hotmale had mine and I'll see what the word on the soi is when I visit Screwboys and Freshboys next month. Your silvertube airfare is about what I paid to round trip across the USA last week and just a bit less than my mid-January round trip to Bangkok from San Francisco. Looking forward to your next installment...
  7. As Michael mentions, use Flights.google to compare airfares. It will also send notifications about airfares for a date or date range and price changes. And agree with Firecat69 that Chicago's airports are on the "avoid in winter" list.
  8. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I use Trip Advisor and always make sure I read the negative reviews (3 stars and less). I look at the photos from travelers and I look at the location map.
  9. Agree with Firecat69 - always make the reservation for 2. I've been a multiple visit guest at Tarntawan but, after my visit in late October, began casting about for another base camp. Discontent with Tarntawan is related to the shift to group bookings and the reduction of veteran staff. The group booking when I was there was of couples from Malaysia. I wish the hotel success...it deserves to survive. Returning in mid January, the Raya but it was sold out initially for the dates I wanted. Ya from Siamroads recommended Le Siam (formerly Swiss Lodge) as an alternative - which I booked. No information on joiners fee there. A few hours ago, checking back on Agoda, I found that the Raya had a mini-suite available for my dates. Pricing was the same or less than Tarntwan or my AirBNB possibility, so I booked it and cancelled Le Siam. So, I'll report back on the Raya, which Vinapu has used to set records of offs. Learning, when something is sold out...check back.
  10. When I started checking forums, it was Sawadtee that I went to first...maybe because bangkokbois" was so readable, somehow, maybe it was Christian PFC's list of blogs that introduced gaythailand and gaybutton. Now, this forum is my main check point, DThump gives a good approximation of why in his post above. I'd add that sniping and trolling turn me off. I'm currently testing a theory that this forum is more lively at certain times of the year, don't know is that's going to prove to be accurate...but as Bangkok enters high season it will be interesting (to me) to see if reports and observations and questions pick up. I get off board information connecting to other members by PM. Finally, I wanted to check out some hotel options in Pattaya and Bangkok (now that Tarntawan has gone down (lots of tour groups)...the forum search function was a super help.
  11. ggobkk replied to Jhoony's topic in Gay Thailand
    One (that's me) hopes that you left the plane in Thailand and there will be reports forthcoming...
  12. ggobkk replied to Jhoony's topic in Gay Thailand
    Jhoony Great, succinct reports. Vinapu "Holiday millionaire"! Love the terminology. Fresh Boys seems to have welcomed many of the Vietnamese who were let go from Hotmale...I had two offs from there in late October. Paulsf is the expert in this part of the soi and has good knowledge of Fresh Boys because it is across from his home away from home. I recall that Numazu was about to off someone from Fresh Boys but BurBoy was close by. I'll do a check in next January when I'm back.
  13. I don't think anyone cares other than to make conversation...I often stop on the way in another country, so have the option of mentioning that. And, I like to take side trips out of Bangkok...so another option...again if someone is actually interested.
  14. Spoon - how do you describe an "expat outfit"? I need to know to update my wardrobe (or trash it completely)
  15. Numazu - I'm in recovery mode. A post Thanksgiving and post your reports recovery. I'm grateful for experiencing both. I just booked a January trip that will take me to Pattaya, then Siem Reap, before finishing up in Bangkok. I added the Siem Reap stop after reading your report and I hope the Thai Tourist Board gives you credit. Thanks, too, for the updates on CB, DTG, and BurBoy. Your prose made them come to life for your readers (o.k., at least for me).
  16. Really charming and also detailed report. Thanks.
  17. I avoid being in photos but am not 100% successful. Where not successful, I do succeed in having the photos be sedately clothed. As to the boys' photos, my only observation to add to the discussion is the number of photos sent by boys I've met and the level of sexting.
  18. Thanks for these postings, I'll be in Pattaya in January and am using the commentary and the subsequent comments to work out a plan (which I will then immediately discard once I meet up with my first off)!
  19. Referencing Rush and bangkokbois is right on...that was the link that brought me gaythailand.com/forum and back to Bangkok after many years of being away. I did the same reading and referencing that you mention. Gong forward your postings will encourage a new (or older) gaggle of guys to experience Thailand and (now) Cambodia. Score one for good writing. It was great to meet you for a moment or two and look forward to paths crossing again.
  20. Agree with the caveat that there is a conversation that covers what is expected/anticipated before first pick picks second. That said, it's another experience to add to one's Thailand CV
  21. Great read! Thanks
  22. Enjoy your visit and make the most of it. Arriving at night, you may be able to check out a gogo show. Certainly, Screwboys which has the latest show most nights. A guide might be of help, Siamroads is gay owned and operated and can create a tour for you that goes to the clubs or massage parlors. Do have a good time.
  23. Thanks, Scooby
  24. At some point on this trip you referred to CB as your "beloved of the moment". Since you landed you've had time with BurBoy who was there when you arrived, CB, Grindr Khmer, Mil Guy, Fit Khmer, Gorgeous Khmer, DTG, and a reunion with BurBoy...not to mention almost offs in Siem Reap and Fresh Boys. Perhaps to paraphrase Mark Twain, the reports of the Numazu's butterfly's death are greatly exaggerated. And on behalf of your readers, may I say be in the moment with your beloved of the moment and "butterfly on"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.