Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tomcal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tomcal

  1. Out of 4 flights this year to Mexico, 3 of them did not have the forms available and you had to get them in customs and fill them out! Pain in the ass! -United Airlines The one advantage is i always have pens in my Laptop bag and a gay guy asked me if he could borrow it and we became friends on FB and he also was done there to buy a home! the Brazilians did not have any problems!
  2. I have Never had a sauna guy Ever quote a price in U.S. Dollars in 16 years of going to Brazil They are always referring to R. Even the guys who have visited the US give prices in R. When they are in Brazil.
  3. 1 hour ago, KevinC said: ?? No. But Portuguese is the language of Brazil
  4. I have hired outside the saunas since 2002 without any problems...the first 5 years probably just blind luck that I never had a bad experience, since then the last 11 years its more of a combination of luck and being smarter! I have probably picked up over a hundred guys from Corujinhas, ToNeAi Bar, and various other places in Rio.
  5. I do know the owner! we were friends long before he bought Meo Mundo and he was living in Miami! This past December he stayed at my house in SoCal. i toldvhim about the incident and he said they would be banned from ever working there but w/o a photo and their real name or someone to identify them in person unlikely to happen! He was genuinally surprised as he hadnt heard of guys being this brazen off site!
  6. Great line although i dont think you are "spurring seismic shifts in the economic order"! But made me smile and if we ever meet, drinks are on me! :-)
  7. I have found in my "very limited time" so far in Mexico, 3 visits in the past 6 months of a week each that the majority of the guys are twinks and/or toned athletic bodies but also a fair number of muscular guys and some very handsome guys! At least the ones that are "working"!
  8. I can't comment on Airbnb's in general but the apt I stay in has a small safe in the closest that operates with a "heavy" key and is bolted to the wall and is behind your hanging clothes.. still I tend to keep my passport/credit cards and extra cash in one of two small hidden areas I have in the apt.
  9. KevinC you are right, while I know Brazil a lot better, and have a lot of friends there, it is a 13-1/2 hr flight for me which each year as I get older seems a lot longer! also, Houston and it's medical facilities are only a an hour and 20 mins. away, if I have to get back for a medical emergency to the U.S. although the medical facilities are rated very high in the city I am moving to.
  10. Bobbalino, thanks! Merida is the capital of the state of Yucatan
  11. I have gotten quite a few messages asking if i am going to stop going to Brazil now that i have a place in Mexico? The short answer is no! I still intend to go to Brazil, just maybe a little less frequently, maybe 3 times a year! IMHO Brazil stilll has the largest quanity of hot guys available in a fun enviornament! But Mexico has plenty of talent it just always isn't as easy as walking in a sauna but still easy to find a lot of guys! Grindr is a good place to start and once you meet a couple guys they will tell you what places to go to as far as bars/clubs etc. I don't close on my house for another 2 weeks yet I have already met 5 Mexican guys in their mid 30's to mid 50's who have introduced me to their friends and have attended several parties with them and I am feeling very comfortable in the local scene there.
  12. Axiom i am not sure what your point is? Are you saying Americans should pay more because we earn more money and have higher income? Isn't that one of the reason they have us as customers? We can afford to fly there? You could use the same illogical reasoning regarding excorts here in the US! You make so much more then they do you should pay more! It has been well known that locals in Brazil pay less then what is requested from Tourists! Again i will say pay what you are comfortable with.... but do not try and tell others what they should pay! Again you have not been there in over 6 years and if my memory is right, you did very few guys at that time and he/they were from a escort site not a sauna, which means you paid twice the rate or more of a sauna encounter for the same guy who works in the sauna! I don't think economic policy is your forte! Just saying!
  13. When I was down in Mexico a month ago I had a party at the house for 5 gay friends ages 53, 53, 45,40 and 34. two were real estate agents I used, 2 were restaurant owners and one was the stockbroker friend of the real estate agent. All are gay and 4 of them brought their BF's all of whom were between 21 and 25, plus two other guys we had met on the previous trip showed up. after sitting by the pool and having a couple rounds of drinks I went in to make more and the cute 21 yr old BF of the stock broker came in with some empty glasses, as I was making drinks he walks into the bathroom across from the kitchen and leaves the door open and takes down his pants and shows me his ass! I laughed but finished making the drinks and we went back out to the pool. the next night which was my last night there, the 34 yr old realtor and I were again sitting by the pool having drinks when he says "i think someone knocking on your door!' we are in the back yard so it was very faint. I walk to the door and there is the 21 yr old twink!! He came over to fuck! the three of us had drinks and then he and I went into the bedroom. I found out that next night he came over and had sex with the realtor! Now is this a case of your average horny 21 yr old bttm looking for fun or is it the case of him looking to upgrade maybe to a new BF?(he was very good) I don't know and frankly don't care! I had fun and when I am back down there in 2 weeks I will probably run into him again at some parties but doubt that I would do it again for several reasons, but for this one time it was fun and free!
  14. It is the Atlatico Hotel on the corner of R. Tonelero and. R. Siquiero Campos across the street from the Metro(subway) station ans about 3 blocks from Point 202 sauna. We all stayed there from about 2002 to 2008 and got to know the staff well then the owners son took over and changed staff and a lot of us started staying at Airbnb's and some of us migrated to Ipanema rather then Copacabana, although it is really the same area just Ipa is a little more upscale and the gay beach is there. They expanded the number of hotels they owned and became less gay friendly(although they do own the building that Pointe202 is in!) the original reason we all started staying there is that they did not charge if you had a guest in your room and did not make them sign in. I believe the policies are no longer like that so pick a hotel that fits your location and pocketbook as the rest is the same.
  15. You can keep your clothes on or partial or in a towel! There is one Brazilian customer at Meo Mundo who has to be 325+ and he carries his towel and walks around naked, no one notices.
  16. Trimmed or partial or not trimmed your fine, but i don't think i have seen a un-trimmed working guy in several years in Rio! Either partial or totally smoothis what all the guys are. Yes the saunas have full bars! When you go to 117 walk through the first bar area where the stage is there is a door on the left hand side that will take you to the covered smoking area and another barback there and where a lot of the guys hand out! Marcello is the bartender there and makes great Caprihinas!
  17. Why are you being such a asshole? Or are you just another old bitter queen?
  18. I agree with points you make! The vast majority of the guys working in the saunas don't like working there! I realized this when i have the 4 guys staying at the apartment and when i went to the sauna they all say "we will stay here and meet you for dinner when you leave! There are 2 guys i see that only worked at the saunas for a couple weeks and hated it! They still see me they just dont like the Meat market the saunas are to them! But it is a necessity for most of them due to both the economic crisis and thevfact that Brazil has such a large % of their population struggling to get by! A good example is a guy i see in SP. he waa 20 yrs old working in a bank when one of his coworkers said "you want to make some easy money tonight?" This guy had been going to Lagoa to make money! So he went and within a month had quit his job at the bank and worked 3 night a week at Lagoa and made double in three nights for a couple hours what he made in a week working 7-1/2 hours a day at the bank!(he is VGL and does everything well) my uneducated guess is the saunas will last another 3-5 years the online sites have been around 10 years there but have not really affected sauna business...YET
  19. Don't forget who is paying! I decide! :-)
  20. Almost correct! I need the second bedroom after we All have had sex so everyone can sleep comfortably! There are 3 of them that are always there when i am and the 4th guy is rotated depending on who is new and if we all like him!
  21. Because i need the space!
  22. For the past 6 or 7 years I rent the entire apt i dont want a shared anything(unless its a 3way!). The apt is 2 bedrooms 2 baths and rents for a 140./nt and is directlt across the street from Metro/subway in Ipanema and 2 blocks from the gay beach! The best thing i ever did was give up staying at hotels on Rio!
  23. yes it goes back as a credit to the card that was used in purchasing it
  24. my favorite restaurant in Rio is the "Bar'd Hotel restaurant" in the Marina Suites Hotel in Leblon, just down the beach from Ipanema. it is on the second floor with great views of the beach which in Leblon is only about 20' wide. it is a very gay friendly local celebrity hangout(local newscasters and tv stars) Great food and drink and expensive but worth it. I have probably been there over 20 times! I only use Airbnb and have for the past 7 or 8 years! Much better for me then hotels which are more expensive and restrictive! Meo Mundo for twinks! you will find them at the other saunas but not in quanity!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.