Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
What To Do If Your Boy Toy Wants A Ring
LOL. Meaning: Over the past ten years, there have been many nights when I met a new person for the first time, and then rimmed him that same night. I did not mean an orgy of rimmimg many different people on the same night. Although a nice idea.
-
Moderate drinking is also harmful?
Years ago the local paper ran an editorial cartoon showing some poor rat with its snout tied around the spout of this huge tank of something or other, the rat swollen to the size of a watermelon (and hilariously bug-eyed), with a lab-coated scientist commanding, "More! More!" The article cited in the OP equivocates all over the place about whether the harm -- actually the likelihood of harm -- from moderate drinking is worth worrying about. As JKane notes is typical of such pieces.
-
Gay Tel Aviv – Where Nothing Is Uncut! A Boytoy City Guide
Reminding of a squib I saw long ago (published as one of the little "humor" bits that ran, irrelevantly, at the end of Reader's Digest articles). To the effect of some LA-area college geology dept. discovering three such right under their own campus, and deciding to christen them Your Fault, My Fault, and The Dean's Fault. (not)
-
What To Do If Your Boy Toy Wants A Ring
Could be. If so, then love has been present between me and quite a number of people I just met that night.
-
Gay Tokyo – Take A Bow
All this seems dead on. I've been a few times on business (never pleasure), and while they treat you with the forms of respect and hospitality, the substance of same is rare. In fact one trip when I was the only gaijin at a conference (which my own company organized, even), I finally had some hint of how a black man must feel in much of white American mainstream society. I did feel I became genuine friends with two business associates there, but both were as they say "wild ducks" who visibly didn't fit in and were subtly ostracized. I noticed both spent as much time outside Japan as possible.
-
What To Do If Your Boy Toy Wants A Ring
HAH! I would say you more often get what you deserve. One way or the other.
-
Nice feature article on first Dr Who episode ever
Start of an article series on Guardian's choice of best Who episodes... http://m.guardiannews.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/feb/14/doctor-who-classic-episode-an-unearthly-child
-
The Raunchy Fiesta Called The Black Party Is Coming Again
Sorry to depart from the OP's focus for a moment, but just to note that the historical "fall of Rome" (not the OP event! ) has recently been pretty well concluded to been due to things like stretching itself too thinly to do much once the Germanic peoples who had been after all somewhat incorporated by Roman conquest, rebelled once the empire could no longer defend. Etc.This is one of the good newer histories along those lines: http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/fallofrome/gr/RomeBarbarians.htm Gibbon's old notions of moral decay and so on don't seem to have the credence that his fellow Victorians once gave them.
-
Daniel Radcliffe as Allen Ginsberg
I am trying to find language in which to agree with you while saying I love every one of his words. You knew Burroughs, Ginsberg and Arthur Clarke were good friends at the Chelsea while ACC was writing 2001.
-
OMG, I would never cruise on Carnival!
One's ex being from Lafayette, LA -- yeah.
-
GOLEM XIV
One of the better commentaries on Stanislaw Lem's "GOLEM XIV" that I have ever seen: http://www.bohemiandrive.com/excritement/1/
-
OK: My name is Oz and I am a Justin Beiber Fan
That is fucking hilarious. Thank you!You know, it probably really could succeed on TV. We would just have to find the right balance of tone on the hazardous no-man's-land somewhere between "Bewitched" and "Lizard Lick." RA1 is of course also correct.
-
OK: My name is Oz and I am a Justin Beiber Fan
RA1, please dinna worry. Hitoall and I know each other way too well and can thus go way too far.All our stuff toward each other is from love, whatever it may look like. Why we play it out here in public is another question.
-
Pope Resigns
But wouldn't that also include the historical Jesus (not the constructed Christ)?
-
OK: My name is Oz and I am a Justin Beiber Fan
Well, one of them isn't.
-
Pope Resigns
And to boot, holding in his dead hands not Thomas a Kempis as reported by the Vatican, but instead Vatican Bank statements. He was not only going to challenge doctrine on abortion, priestly celibacy and so on, but also blow the lid on the church bank dirty business. THAT was the bridge too far.
-
Remember Leonard Whiting?
P.S. Death in Venice was of course Visconti. Same criticisms apply.
- The Grammy's 2013
-
The Grammy's 2013
Why give up half of all the opportunity? Yesterday morning I woke up to find this short fat but beautiful girl in bed with me, and all over me. Evidently not a hooker, even. Life is brief!
-
The Grammy's 2013
So you don't like slit and now this objection. Wherefore then your "Bi" moniker? (Not "Monica." )
-
Remember Leonard Whiting?
Have you never even seen the thing? Go rent it! A fairly bad schmaltzing-up of the Bard's already fairly schmaltzy thing, but gorgeous to look at and listen to. Zeffirelli was superficial but with a sense of surface, light, sound to die for. I suppose you have not seen "Death in Venice" either. If not, go rent that one too. Post-haste!
-
What happens in the Vatican stays in the Vatican
This gives cause to think: Whatever one thought of John Paul II, and whatever one thinks of the Church, and churches in general, the dignity of his sitting in the Chair until the bitter end was a lesson in conviction.
-
Remember Leonard Whiting?
Well, I just pulled out my old videotape copy and popped it into the player, out of curiosity, and it is in color.
-
Remember Leonard Whiting?
You know I love you but you live on a different planet. Zeffirelli's movie was in color.
-
West Point Formal ...this is cool
I did ask that of a couple of sweet old Jehovah's Witness ladies who came to the front door the other week. (I believe Jehovah's Witnesses are the only people who ever use or have used or will use that front door. Even the undertaker knows to go to the side door.) Despite these ladies' earnestly wanting to know if I knew what Armageddon was, they could not answer the question we raise here. They also could not reconcile their obsession with the End Time with Jesus' admonition specifically NOT to worry the point. "...for I will come like a thief in the night..." Just be ready.