Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
Girls In Gay Bars
Same here. Likewise Monster -- welcoming to fags of all ages. One time there I picked up a cute 25yo Chinese guy (not a hooker!); we hung around each other off and on for several months. Granted, at Townhouse you do sometimes feel the undertaker's breath just around the corner. But to each his own!
-
Reorganization of the Forums
For which our undying love. ...The Asymptotic Moderators -- you and TY could be a rock band from a math-and-science high school!
-
100 best movie insults of all time
Some people get off on that!
-
Laptop Desktop Tablet?
Play -- iPhone. Work (Dobie Gillis intonation ) -- 17in Gateway Win7 laptop (aging eyes!).
-
Girls In Gay Bars
One exception I've seen was when I took my lesbo Latina gf to The Web and bought her a lap dance. She loved it, even tipped the guy beyond what I paid him. But then being a hooker herself (for men), she knows the score. She was hilarious afterward. Me: "Enjoy him?" She: "He was great! Except he didn't know what to do with my boobies."
-
100 best movie insults of all time
Since this is not gay-themed, I won't corrupt the Gay Movie Forum with it...
-
Reorganization of the Forums
Certainly more polite than "Black Hole." Even if not as much fun!
-
Edge of Seventeen
Exquisite, delicate, nuanced, gets so much right. Trailer conveys it beautifully...
-
Just discovered the Sandbox
Previously had a cat. My ex inherited it when a relative passed on. I loved that particular cat but would not get another one of my own volition.
-
Rent Boy Paradise – The Boy Toy Guide To Gay Havana
From New England people often go through Canada.
-
Just discovered the Sandbox
Beg pardon. My misnomer shaped by memories of cleaning our own cat's sandbox.
-
New global warming report: grim
Fiddling While Rome Burns Dept.: http://m.guardiannews.com/environment/2013/jan/12/us-scientists-effects-global-warming
-
CyberSocket Awards 1/9/2013
If I'm going out late, I take a nap early evening. Another good thing about getting older -- I can nap anytime.
-
Glitches . . .
I love the View New Content button. On my phone in the list of recent places visited, there's a link directly to that category. And I find I can carry out most of my daily activities without even tearing my eyes away from here.
-
Jindal wants to eliminate all income taxes
Not at all! As MsGuy has had to remind me more than once, if I am arguing with anybody on this topic, it is with myself.
-
Just discovered the Sandbox
Going into the gas chamber specifically to fart would seem a blessing to the rest of the inmates, not a curse. Nein?
-
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Well ... the more true-to-life roles might be for you to be the virgin groom. Leaving me to be ... Heh heh.
-
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
I knew it! I was going to suggest that... ...narrows my choices down to essentially 2, no?
-
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
OK! Now which character will you be...?
-
Rent Boy Paradise – The Boy Toy Guide To Gay Havana
With you! Where would you fly out of? Come to think -- could you yourself fly, with appropriate hops, from MEM to Cuba?
-
Jindal wants to eliminate all income taxes
Well, really? I find more than enough purpose to go on, to try to be good and do good, just in the here and now. This needs a book, not just a 3-liner, but then there are plenty of books about it already (needless to say I don't mean those of Dawkins and the rest of the atheist-evangelical rabble). Natural life does not feel to me so small or terrible or bleak that I need an afterlife to make it not nonsense. Stevens wrote a poem to the effect that if (as) life is finite, and there is no afterlife, that makes the life we do have all the more -- infinitely more -- precious for it. I wish we had more of life span, but that is not quite the same thing. In any event I have enough reverence for the reality principle (most days!) not to project that wish onto the screen we call the hereafter. Now I have frightened myself and must go dig out my old copy of The Courage to Be.
-
I put this in the glitch forum but no response
When it gets stuck on the "saving" message, I find that if I scroll up and click "Forums" or "Boytoy" or "View new content" or the like -- while it is still apparently "saving" -- my post will turn out to have been saved after all.
-
Rent Boy Paradise – The Boy Toy Guide To Gay Havana
Thank you. As I had heard. And thanks for pointing out the tripadvisor post too.
-
Just discovered the Sandbox
Hm. It was originally named "The Shitbox", which I frankly liked better.
-
Just discovered the Sandbox
Note the descriptive text at the top of the Sandbox forum: A repository for problematic threads that some may not wish to view on a daily basis or at all. Inclusion of threads is by invitation only. Members may not initiate a thread in this forum but may respond to residing threads.