Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. How is killing US citizens who are judged by politicians or their appointees to be terrorists different from executing criminals, other than one is legal and the other clearly not? Best regards, RA1
  2. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Cool. Also found the story about the Goat interesting. Reminds me of two things. Question: What do you call the guy who graduates last at medical school? Answer: Doctor. Also, no one asks what your scores were on the FAA written exams for pilot licenses. If you have all the licenses and ratings, obviously you passed both the written and flying exams. Best regards, RA1
  3. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Perhaps you have the wrong order and a relative impossibility. Best regards, RA1
  4. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    You don't look old enough to be dancing in a bar. Best regards, RA1
  5. Which one is Adam? Best regards, RA1
  6. You look good in the picture but my perverse sense of humour suggests to me that you are about to perfrom the Heimlich maneuver on yourself. Best regards, RA1
  7. Most likely Congress will have to approve this change and who knows what those gutless wonders will or won't do? The USPS wouldn't be in this mess if they hadn't given away the farm with bennies. Best regards, RA1
  8. I always write "unconsciously". Best regards, RA1
  9. There are a lot of ways to abuse a child. One way is to let them do anything they want. Another is to physically abuse them. Another is to mentally abuse them. As mentioned before in this thread, an out of control child at least partially means an out of control parent. All should be taken to task. One thing I have seen many times too many here in Memphis is for a parent to slap a child in the face, usually from what I have observed to be a relatively minor "offense". I have been sorely tempted to interfere several times but I know that if I do I will either be arrested or have one or more people turn on me. Another choice would be to try to report this to the authorities but that is a long and uncertain as well as painstaking task. Without willing witnesses a total waste of time. The good news is that some children grow up to be responsible adults in spite of a poorly planned and defined upbringing. Not enough, but some. Best regards, RA1
  10. I suppose no one has thought that Beyonce sucked all the juice out of the lines and that is why the power failed? None left. Best regards, RA1
  11. I thought the "power off" interruption strongly favored the 49ers who were about to be "blown out". The Ravens clearly dominated the first half and returned a kick off as the first play of the second half with a touch down. However, the delay clearly allowed the 49ers to regroup. Somewhat seriously, I have wondered which assitant coach for the 49ers went out and "sabataged" the power grid for the Super Bowl? I don't seriously think this happened but who knows? Regardless, the team that "wanted it more" than the other team did win. Congratulations. Best regards, RA1
  12. Perry is a redneck's redneck. That is partially how he got elected. Otherwise I have wondered for quite a while who does his thinking for him. Obviously he does little to none. Best regards, RA1
  13. NASCAR is one exception to what I like in sports. I tell all my NASCAR friends that I will watch it when they go around the track the other way. However, there are plenty of drivers and owners who depend upon general aviation. Unfortunately, some of them are like some doctors, very bright but they let their ego get ahead of their experience level and kill themselves. I always hate to lose a paying customer. Best regards, RA1
  14. I never sleep. I listen to the radio all night (and watch out for crickets watching me). Best regards, RA1
  15. Do they? Best regards, RA1
  16. All very interesting. I would point out that when FEDEX opened a hub in the Phillippines they established a "domicile camp" for its' employees. I have heard various among them mention gangs, violence, the necessity of guards, etc. Sounds like most any US city to me. Personally, I have found that being the "anti-Ugly American" meaning a low profile, getting to know the folks in the country and learning their culture, etc. takes one a long way towards peace and tranquility. Very likely that will work in any of the above countries. Once you realize that "culture shock" is a personal problem and get over the idea that everything will be like it was or is in the US, you likely will be very happy living elsewhere, due diligence notwithstanding. Best regards, RA1
  17. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Too late. Best regards, RA1
  18. I hear crickets in the summer time but don't watch them. Best regards, RA1
  19. NCAA basketball. Best regards, RA1
  20. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Apparently gloats will do anything to keep this thread alive. I wonder if he read the book or even a synopsis. If so, he didn't understand it. The story line is similar to an actual 747 flight that encountered turbulence which was caused by a captain's error. In the book the airframe damage is caused by the captain allowing an unauthorized person to "fly" the aircraft. The book could have benefited from some expert technical help. For instance, on the route described, the nearest the airliner would get to LAX would be Denver itself. Such a flight normally "coasts" in around the Aleutian Islands in Alaska. Not sure if gloats would benefit from any technical help himself. The only similarity I see between this novel and the Boeing current situation is that the novel airliner did not in fact have any technical problem, something not yet proven with Boeing. Like many novels, this one is mainly about the interplay among the various characters with the "usual" lack of good technical advice. Either a lack or the author failed to take advantage and used "poetic" license instead. Best regards, RA1
  21. I plan on watching it. I enjoy most sports on TV, even golf which I do not play. However, it is a peaceful game in generally pretty surroundings AND I can read the paper or a book without much interruption. I once was in NZ during the Super Bowl. It was interesting to watch it on Monday around noon local. It was that time because of the international date line and time difference. It was still "live". Although I am positive there were other US citizens staying in the hotel, apparently we were the only ones to ask about it. We wondered if it was going to be shown in the hotel bar or one nearby but no, so the hotel kindly arranged for it to be sent to our room via a Sky satellite. One group of US citizens staying at this hotel we noticed was a bunch of Harley bikers. I wondered if they shipped their bikes to NZ but there is a local Harley dealer who caters to such groups with rentals. Whatever cranks your tractor. Best regards, RA1
  22. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    That MIGHT work, although with possible serious injury to the thumb AND the normal time for the cork to be in place in during the vehicle's ascent, when the pilot is very busy. While the Holly Weird depiction of such as Goldfinger being pushed (not sucked) through the blown out window of a Jet Star is not realistic, the forces inside a pressurized vehicle are not to be denied. (Shooting out the window of the Jet Star with what appears to be a 38 Special is also unrealistic.) As you very well know, fooling around with Mother Nature is risky business. Best regards, RA1
  23. Nice piece about Hillary but perhaps a bit overblown. Even though I differ with her politics I am perfectly willing to admire her positives and there are many. Regardless of the trust between her and BO and her marriage with President Clinton, personally I do not think that makes her a "perfect" candidate for the next US President. No doubt, we could do worse. However, I am hoping we can do "better". Hillary seemingly exhausted herself and perhaps her ideals during her time as Secretary of State. I am not happy with the so called "final" result of Benghazi, regardless of her departing comments about same. I do not know if she has the physcical stamina to be the next President. I am hopeful there will be attractive alternatives and she will properly evaluate her situation at the time. Best regards, RA1
  24. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    I think the cover was and has been blown (is that a new name for it?). They needed an easy, reliable way to "control" a specific sized orifice. The pilot isn't that busy on the descent so they "invented" the pilot controlled pressurization outflow valve, completely variable in application. The pilot inserts the cork to increase the pressurization and removes it to decrease it. The object is for zero pressurization by the time the vehicle lands. It has worked every time so far. Best regards, RA1
  25. RA1 replied to AdamSmith's topic in The Beer Bar
    I know someone who thinks the rule is i before e except after Z. That is because his last name has that letter sequence and starts with Z. Peanuts has been a favorite for years. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.