Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in Politics
    Does your post mean that you think it is Perry or no one? Just curious. Best regards, RA1
  2. Thai Airways is offering a special from LAX-BKK on their A340-500 for premium economy seats (but only 47 on the aircraft) for $199 each way + the 1588 economy fare. In other words about $2,000 R-T. I would expect this to be a good ride. Best regards, RA1
  3. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    No pilot who was alive during the horrible events of 9-11 will ever forget the attack on America and how it was perpetrated. Our brothers and sisters were the crew members on those flights. They were not prepared for this type of attack by either training, mental and physical, or history. Previously, during a time of hijacking, the crews were told to go along and, if necessary, go to Havana and then return to the US. This attack changed everything and forever. Crews no longer will just go along, they will resist in any way possible. I would like to think this is also true for any and all passengers to the extent of their physical capabilities. I applaud Mark Bingham and the others for their actions and service, however short. They gave their lives for us and others. I am hoping in the future, if not now, that being gay will have little to do with how these heroes are regarded; their actions and dedication to "higher" motives should far overshadow whatever their sexual orientation may be. Best regards, RA1
  4. Clever, but I have one question: What is a vacation? I always have my email and cell phone with me and available. Off flying duty starts any day when I have a beer or other alcohol libation. Of course, I can still talk, plan and do paper work, even then. or , take your choice. Best regards, RA1
  5. Dogs and other animals will generally go where they can be fed. That is not to say they do not miss their "owners" and "friends". I see very little wrong with this tale but I am not willing to believe it other than as "dreaming" for something beyond "reality". My father's sister (my aunt) was married but childless. She had a great affection for pets and left her house in her will for perpetual care for the remaining cats and dogs. She also appointed a "friend and neighbor" as executrix for this provision with living in the house a benefit. Strangely enough, these pets lived for many, many years, far beyond the normal life span of cats and dogs. I suppose the financial aspect of living in a rent free house had no bearing with this "animal lover"? It did not really matter to me as I was not mentioned in the will anyway. Best regards, RA1 PS--Could it be said that the later cats and dogs looked liked offspring? Surely not.
  6. Inflation never really helps anyone, it just seems to do so by "larger numbers". However, we all have to "adjust", don't we? Best regards, RA1
  7. I did not notice the link the first time around. Did you add it later? Best regards, RA1 BBB- Even Iskys?
  8. Was he parachuting by at the time? As I recall, the cam is on the 16th floor looking outwards. Best regards, RA1
  9. What was the relative amount of frogs that you kissed prior? Your comment reminds me of a LA Law program where the story line was about a guy who licked toads (for their hallucinary secretions). Now, don't get excited; I don't remember where they could be found. Best regards, RA1
  10. NOT the same thing. When is the last time I hired an ugly accountant or ugly pilot or ugly carpenter or plumber, etc. etc.? Those folks (thankfully for me) are hired for what they know and what they can do, not how they look. OTOH, escorts are partially hired for how they look, just like models, actors, TV personalities and others. If they can "perform", so much the better. Best regards, RA1
  11. Right this minute the humidity is 57% and 85 degrees. VERY pleasant. The forecast is for about 90 degrees for the high today with no rain and, being used to summer time in MEM, that is very OK. Irene was very threatening for many but, like you, it was no threat to MEM. She appears to be ALMOST only a memory now. Those without power and dealing with a flood undoubtedly think otherwise and my sympathy is with them. Best regards, RA1
  12. Thanks. I try to enjoy the weather, the people, the scenery and whatever else may be available because I won't be there very long. I have been where it was -30F and +115F with snow, rain, wind, hail and every thing else and tried to enjoy it but, also, tried to keep going because going is my job. When you land somewhere and the locals are wearing Mukluks which provide 6 or more inches of insulation between their feet and the snow and you are wearing tennis shoes, it does occur to keep going because you are not dressed for the weather. Best regards, RA1
  13. I am not saying it is not hot in PSP but 20% humidity hereabouts is considered ultra low humidity, something we don't see unless it is below freezing. We consider low humidity 50% or so. When it is 95 degrees with 80% humidity, it is pretty warm. However, I certainly understand your desire to be elsewhere for whatever reason. Best regards, RA1
  14. TP- Thanks for the reply. It seems there is not necessarily any rhyme or reason for such largesse but glad you were one beneficiary. Best regards, RA1
  15. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Sorry to say that liver transplants don't necessarily last very long. 20 years seems to be tops and most much less than that. Best regards, RA1
  16. May I be so bold as to ask how you spent $1600 and earned 5 nights worth of points? Did you drop a zero? Best regards, RA1
  17. I think you missed the point. However, that is OK. No one always "gets" every thing. Best regards, RA1
  18. I think some of the problem is interbank agreements or lack thereof. Also, any computer or company can establish a preference for what they will accept. I have run into this kind of problem before. It usually is not a problem for very small purchases or purchases from companies that have a lot of business from US citizens. MC, VS and AE spend a lot of money to tell you that they are accepted world wide and they are, most of the time. Best regards, RA1
  19. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    According to what I have heard, no. Watching 5 million people get cut up with swords never did that much for me. Best regards, RA1
  20. One of the biggest differences between the US and China (and many other countries) is that in the US, the individual is "king" where in China, the government is king. At least, that is what the law says and how it generally works out in practice. Has the US gone overboard in a general sense on this issue? Has China gone way too far the "other way"? A lot of folks think yes to both questions. Best regards, RA1 Check is in the mail.
  21. If you limited it to military pilots, then the Navy has the most tops. Best regards, RA1
  22. RA1 replied to lookin's topic in Politics
    I quickly looked at a few of those "enemy free" societies. I say good for them, but, I also say it appears they are "surrounded" by "others" who can help or complement any deficiencies that may exist within their society. We all need help, whether we call it that or recognize it as that or not. I don't grow my own food, refine oil into gasoline, have my own well for water, etc. I do depend upon the government, companies, large and small + earning enough money to pay them for their various services and products. I get the distinct impression that the societies need much more than that, at least from time to time. The point being I have to think that if all societies were enemy free the whole world would be lacking a lot. Competition leads to better prices, better products, etc. but competition also leads to "enemies" of one sort or another. I don't wish to beat this point to death. I certainly do not look for enemies under every rock or behind every tree. In fact, I don't expect them at all, but, I do find them or they find me from time to time. Please understand I am using a very broad definition for "enemy". However, I am sure you understand the point. On a completely different point, I read today that the "Horn of Africa" has a refugee camp that will accommodate 90,000 people but that there are 350,000 refugees in the area. This boggles my mind. In the first place, just imagining a "camp" that will deal with 90,000 folks, never mind another 260,000 waiting or wanting to get in. Amazing and sad. Best regards, RA1
  23. RA1 replied to lookin's topic in Politics
    Lucky- Were you there in NYC during any other disasters? Do you warn the good folks of NYC when you are going to be spending any amount of time there? Bad things do tend to bring good folks together but that is not the same as recommending bad times, is it? No, of course not. Best regards, RA1
  24. RA1 replied to lookin's topic in Politics
    lookin- Unfortunately, does it not strike you that the or a major force for cohesiveness for nations is to have an enemy? Us or them. That sentiment seems still to be familiar through today. BO is now threatening Syria ala Libya. He is just the latest example. I don't know if it is to build his public image or promote his current presidential campaign or what. Ditto on his remarks about Congress not willing to compromise. Us vs. them. Do we need an enemy from outer space in order to have a one world government? It would seem so. Is "needing" an enemy part of the human genome? If so, we are not getting past very much very fast, are we? Best regards, RA1
  25. RA1 replied to lookin's topic in Politics
    The problem with the Tea Party as I see it is even though they have very good fundamentals for conservatives, they seem to seek out wackos to represent them. Go figure. One or two or even more good ideas followed by absolute silliness will not get my vote. Elvis died in August and was born in January. Please pay attention. I certainly know that no one will have exactly the same views as I do but, please, let's be realistic. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.