Everything posted by RA1
-
Queen lead guitarist is also Dr Brian May, astrophysicist!
Being humble and loveable always counts AND there is still time. Best regards, RA1
-
Queen lead guitarist is also Dr Brian May, astrophysicist!
Is this in the wrong thread? I am thinking of "I want to be a porn star" but that is just me. Best regards, RA1 Otherwise, WOW.
-
The Samuel Johnson Sound Bite Page
Is there a difference between a teetotaler and someone who is insufferable? The brew meister has some good lines also. No doubt Milton was the bane of every school boy who ever lived. Best regards, RA1
-
The Samuel Johnson Sound Bite Page
As a conservative, SA is far too modern for me. Perhaps one day I will come to see his point of view. Best regards, RA1
-
Air Travelers - What cabin crew really thinks of you
I first realized I was not in Kansas several years ago when I flew to DTW sitting along side a passenger who picked his nose and wiped it on his jeans. Yuk. There is no first class and I hesitate to describe what is behind it. Best regards, RA1
-
Intoxicated air traffic controller found shirtless & drunk in tower
Safety is certainly relative. There is no such thing as "complete" safety. One is only relatively safe and that is generally because one avoids certain situations. Flying is relatively safe. Driving a car is somewhat less so. Living in a big city with crime and other problems is also less so. Engaging in certain activities can be dangerous. I have had various conversations with clients about "safety". They are safe when on my aircraft. They may not be safe otherwise. What can one do to be "completely safe"? There is no such exclusion. Anonymity is perhaps the safest solution. Good luck with that one if you are famous, wealthy or otherwise "newsworthy". Best regards, RA1
-
Intoxicated air traffic controller found shirtless & drunk in tower
Please note that because this is a rare incident it is news. FSM (Fort Smith, Arkansas) is a small, low traffic airport. Control towers are approved by the FAA based upon traffic count. At a certain level of traffic, there could be a NFCT aka non-federal control tower, which is approved by the FAA but not staffed by FAA employees. With more traffic, an FAA control tower is approved, staffed with FAA employees. Generally speaking, airline traffic goes into airports that have FAA staffed control towers. There are a few exceptions, but very few. Don't worry, the FAA is there to help you, just like any other government agency. Best regards, RA1
-
Credences of Summer
Oh, it doesn't matter. I only wash my clothes and answer my email/pay my bills here. Last week the high was 79 in Indiana where I was. Next week, who knows? Best regards, RA1
-
Credences of Summer
Simply from local empirical evidence we have had the coolest spring and early summer that I can remember. Only last week did we go into what most expect to be summer weather. One thing that does seem to be happening is a slide or shift of the traditional seasons by a month or two. In other words, the seasons are arriving late. It will be interesting to see if summer here lasts until late OCT or NOV. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Mechanic's Creed: You want it 1. Quickly 2. Well done 3. Cheap Choose any two. This is any mechanic's creed, auto, aircraft, plumber, etc. Best regards, RA1
-
I'm Out Of The Saunas - Off The Market - Maybe Permanently
Getting old or decrepit sucks. I know. Get better soon. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
What happened to Jan and Feb? Best regards, RA1
-
'Voice of Apollo' Jack King dies
Séances and other revelations welcome. My original source was the statements under the first picture of your initial post. I am relatively sure the astronauts on board 13 would have been happy to join Mr. King in avoiding the entire episode. Best regards, RA1
-
'Voice of Apollo' Jack King dies
Well, I worry about myself all the time but I do not understand any commentary about my comment. I am merely referring to the stated information above. No tin foil hats necessary or so I think. Best regards, RA1
-
'Voice of Apollo' Jack King dies
I certainly remember him, both calm and reassuring, sort of like Uncle Wally but without the political undertones. Why did he miss Apollo 13? Did he know something? Best regards, RA1
-
Warming of oceans due to climate change is unstoppable, say US scientists
I always thought the oceans too cold to swim in but then I am not a great white or similar. Best regards, RA1
-
Travelers - TSA - "signs" you might be a terrorist
Thanks for the further information. I almost always get additional scrutiny because I have only bought a handful of R-T tickets during my career with thousands of airline flights. I am going home after delivering a plane or going to get one which involves the one way airline flight. All this despite the fact that I have had the training and the background check to allow me to be in the operations area for aircraft. In other words the ID badge for MEM airport. You may be interested to know the badge is only good at MEM which is totally silly because, with minor variations, all US airports have the same rules (FAA/TSA). Still all pilots wear their "home" badge because it does make them instantly recognizable as pilots which eases the way to your airplane parked at other than your base airport. Best regard, RA1
-
Travelers - TSA - "signs" you might be a terrorist
This has to be a spoof. No one could interpret these kinds of behavior OR act this way in real life. However, it is amusing. Best regards, RA1
-
Second Harper Lee novel found
To clarify: What I meant was I was shocked to learn that racists were not all talk. I grew up hearing a lot of racist talk but no actual violence (this was before 1965). It bothered me a lot about Evers and Meredith and others. Of course, MLK bothered me in general and because it happened in MEM. I now believe it was a political assassination. Best regards, RA1
-
Second Harper Lee novel found
As I grew up, I was shocked to notice that not every white person was as you described. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Me. too. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Speak for yourself. I woke up this morning feeling like a 20 year old but at that hour could not find one. Best regards, RA1
-
Word for the Week: Obergruppenführer
Tell us more, please. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Old but still funny. Best regards, RA1
-
Word for the Week: Obergruppenführer
Bureaucracies are the same regardless of the politics. I was just making a general statement about Albert. Best regards, RA1