Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. Hopefully that firelight will be below 451 F if you are reading paperbacks. Best regards, RA1
  2. Interesting graphic but like a lot of these kinds of things, much depends upon comparison points. For instance, US inflation supposedly is at a very low point but looking at a "comfort basket" of goods and services one can see much higher prices than a very short time ago. Beef at the grocery store went up 2-3% yet a medium price steak went up 25%. Etc. Of course, most everything is relative. Last December, on a trip to NYC, two of my passengers had a glass of wine each in a medium upscale bar for $50. Those same glasses of wine would have cost 18-20 in MEM. Best regards, RA1
  3. Well, mausoleums are kinda dark, aren't they? OTOH, as this is generally regarded as an eternal resting place. you might need more than one or two books. Best regards, RA1
  4. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    At least you can find your equipment...................... Best regards, RA1
  5. Basically, I did the same except I quit drinking long enough when I quit smoking so that I wouldn't backslide (accidentally or otherwise). During the interim, I discovered I didn't need coffee or even like it that much. Now, after 30 years of not smoking, I drink, maybe, 3-4 cups of coffee a year about 1/3 of a cup at a time. Oh, yeah, I resumed drinking alcohol as soon as I knew I would not resume smoking. Best regards, RA1
  6. Are you simply to be rescued by a compatriot from MS because they allow marriages at age 14 or so, without making any allowance for guys who like guys until and unless they are at least 18? We have never been so abused or have we? Yes, we have but now is the time to reconsider or so I think. OK, never mind, let's hold hands and sing together................ Best regards, RA1
  7. RA1 replied to paulsf's topic in Gay Asia
    We all have talents and being able to remember faces and places is just one of the "unusual" ones. Thanks for the report. Best regards, RA1
  8. And, their ages added together are 9. Best regards, RA1
  9. I enjoy artistic performances of various kinds but I have never gone "Hollywood" so to speak. Symphony, a good vocal, a nice play, even a very good movie can catch my attention but I do not seek those venues out, they have to come to me or be thrust upon me. I find myself more and more wondering who various artists are. A name is mentioned and I have no idea who it might be. I have never watched the Emmys or the Oscars and have no intention of starting now BUT I also do not wish to remain totally ignorant of possible good talent that may be about. Therefore, I am sure that what I need is a knowledgeable 30 year old who can provide me with current information and guide me into artistic exploration, if not heaven. Without a doubt I like twinks or at least to look at them. However, after 15 minutes of my time, things can start to pale. That is one reason why I have stated that a 30 year old is perhaps ideal. Old enough to be informed but not old enough to care. Am I being unreasonable in seeking such? Is there a surfeit of players within reach? Does anyone give a hoot, other than Mr. Owl? Best regards, RA1
  10. RA1 replied to MsGuy's topic in The Beer Bar
    MsGuy- Thanks for the reply. Best regards, RA1
  11. Surely someone who lost a bet. Best regards, RA1
  12. RA1 replied to MsGuy's topic in The Beer Bar
    Thanks. I assumed something similar but is it available on DirecTV or others here in the US? This site did not say or I missed it. Upon my original google, I only saw local stations as a possibility. Gosh, if only I had the wherewithal to live in the UK or some other advanced society. Best regards, RA1
  13. RA1 replied to MsGuy's topic in The Beer Bar
    OK, I give up. What is Channel 4, other than a local TV channel? Personally, I have a done both scientific and layman research on erections and would continue to do so on the above suggested cast. Best regards, RA1
  14. Strangely enough, I listened to a program last night about spiders. Among many disgusting things I heard was, first they inject their venom to immobilize their prey and then inject it with enzymes that basically start the digestive process before the spider eats it. Gross. OTOH, probably spiders might think many of the things that I do (especially to boys) are gross. Best regards, RA1
  15. But, do you brake for Naugas? Glad you got it. Best regards, RA1
  16. I like to read things on paper. The newspaper, aviation magazines, approach plates (guidance to an airport landing in bad weather) and various other things. But, I do by far the majority of whatever I write by email, Word, PDF or the like. No one can read my writing, not even me. Once, when my bank changed hands ( a frequent occurrence) I went to do some business there. Recognizing no one in the branch and vice versa, they asked me to sign something to compare with my signature card. Even when they handed me the card, I could not duplicate my own signature because it had changed some 10,000 signing ago. If I was gone many days of the year as I was a few years ago, surely I would adapt to E books and the like. I bought hundreds, literally, of paperback books during those days and read them on the airlines. Today, how convenient an E book might be. Best regards, RA1
  17. Weren't Leisure Suits after Nehru jackets? I had at least two of those also. RE: unnatural fibers. Does this mean you don't brake for Naugas? Best regards, RA1
  18. Or, at least covered up. Does that mean behind camelflage? Best regards, RA1
  19. I actually owned one Nehru jacket. Talk about an example of extreme styling. I can remember wearing a tux twice, once when invited at the local country club to see Johnny Cash (part of my flying job) and once at a friend's wedding. Unfortunately, at neither function did a boy for hire show up. Best regards, RA1
  20. Just another day in the straight world in a pretty place among mostly nice folks. Best regards, RA1
  21. RE Snoopy kissing Lucy on the nose reminds me of two straight friends who were trying to make a business deal. One said to the other, if you can get that done, I will give you a blow job. Of course, I will have to hire it done. Best regards, RA1
  22. Complicated only if he speaks with an impediment and what he really said was, "are we queer"? Best regards, RA1
  23. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I am probably the only poster herein who has actually been to Campbellsville, KY, site of the first annual fry the firemen on the fire truck ladder while trying to douse college students for ALS. As reported today, the ladder touched some electrical wires and injured 3-4 firemen. I was only there because my pax had business nearby. Best regards, RA1
  24. The Klein bust makes Beethoven look more like a "real" German than any other likeness that I remember. I must find the time to read this. Best regards, RA1
  25. The #1 problem about weed or any drug or self indulgence is how it affects others. While I may wish you did not abuse your body or mind, it is your business until and unless it begins to affect me or others. Then it can become everyone's business. Surely you do not want the ship's captain or airline captain or driver in the lane next to you to being "partying" while on duty. OK, so you are alright with partying after hours? How long to recover? 8 hours sleep is not enough to recover from many recognized party habits. Therefore, do we have different standards for those who hold the public trust in one way or another? In some ways we already do and in other ways we ignore what we don't want to know. Pols are thought to be held to different or double standards and so are many others. So, what is the answer? Party during one's vacation for 1-2 weeks and then refrain during the rest of the year? Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.