Everything posted by RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
No doubt verbatim. What happened to printing what I meant vs. what I said? After all that is what the Congressional Record does. Best regards, RA1
-
Critical 'Like' question
Winston tastes good, like a cigarette should. My English teachers got a lot of mileage out of that slogan. My current most annoying speech habits to hear are: More news in less than 30 minutes. You know interspersed every few words. This is especially irritating when the speaker has a good voice AND is making sense. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Si. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Who hit whom? Best regards, RA1
-
5 Reasons Potatoes Don't Deserve Their Bad Reputation
I have known folks to drive 88 miles for a Big Mac but I am not one of them. Yes, potatoes are much maligned. It is mainly the toppings that are "bad" for one. But, what is life without toppings? Take that any way you wish. ANYTHING without moderation is by definition bad for one or worse. Therefore, be moderate. Best regards, RA1.
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Seek and ye shall find? Best regards, RA1
-
For hito's Maternal Instincts
Aww, I am in awe. Just so long as they are not featured anywhere near the headlines. Best regards, RA1
-
Hank Paulson on 'The Coming Climate Crash'
I got my pilot's license out of a box of Wheaties but don't tell anyone. lookin- We are about as opposite politically as any two posters on this site but that doesn't stop us from having a beer together or, sometimes, agreeing. Best regards, RA1
-
Hank Paulson on 'The Coming Climate Crash'
I can't believe he said the financial crisis is solved. The US has a 17 trillion dollar debt and contingent liabilities that may approach or exceed 100 trillion. How are those resolved? I don't see how taxes resolve much of anything. Suppose we tax the companies that are producing emissions out of business. Now what? Also, who get the taxes and what do they do with them? Virtually nothing useful. I just don't get it. Besides I live at 411 feet above sea level so nah nah nah. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Also LOL. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Are we assuming the kid is a boy because his jammies and butt are blue? I never wore red jammies which could have matched my red ass but who knew? Best regards, RA1
-
WE'RE ALL GOING TO FORT LAUDERDALE! BOYTOY ROADTRIP!
AS- One thing you are not is meek and easily disturbed. Disturbed permanently, maybe. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
If at first you don't succeed, Don't take up skydiving. Best regards, RA1
-
Do you sleep #naked?
Aren't you too young to be on this site? Best regards, RA1
-
Widespread Support for Sending Politicians to Prison for Ninety-Nine Years
Is this with or without a trial? Presumably after they have served one term? I would hate to have to guess why they are criminals. Best regards, RA1
-
Do you sleep #naked?
Sleeping naked is fine, but being naked otherwise makes more sense. Best regards, RA1
-
Ig Nobel Prize
Likes are always welcome. While I have not so far run out I still find myself upon re-reading bestowing likes post post. Perhaps we should compare likes to bit coins. They aren't real but spend and there is a limit. Best regards, RA1
-
Michael Brown
There is no doubt that there is a lot of frustration out in the US today. There is still wide spread unemployment. Most of the jobs since 2008 have been minimum wage type. Black folks seem the hardest hit although there are still way more poor white folks. However, statistics don't matter when you are unemployed. Here are some things I have read but not verified. Who knows what news source is reliable? While it is true that Michael Brown is a teen-ager, he is 18 which makes him legally a lot of things. He also reputedly is over 6 feet tall and weighs 300 pounds. Stealing cigars is no reason to kill anyone. Having that same large someone threaten your life might be. In the current political arena, the cop will be tried and examined to a fair thee well. Fine. But, how are Jesse Jackson and all the other agitators helping by rabble rousing? From what I can tell, by far most of the folks rioting and looting and burning are outsiders. This will leave the town with fewer jobs and more unemployment and a past difficult to get past. Who does that help? There are plenty of legitimate questions. Did the cop have a Taser? Or, a night stick? Was his likely choice being beat up severely or shooting Brown? All this does not need to be swept under the rug but it doesn't need media exploitation either. It is early days but a lot of bad stuff has already happened and it could get a lot worse. Best regards, RA1
-
Ig Nobel Prize
How many likes are we allowed? And, if it isn't enough, why is the site so parsimonious? When one runs out of likes, what happens? Do the lights go out in Georgia? Best regards, RA1
-
Lose 5 lbs this week by doing this intense workout for 7 days!
I can lose 5 pounds in one day without any of that exercise stuff. Now, keeping it off is another problem. Best regards, RA1
-
Ig Nobel Prize
So long as you haven't been doing it wrong. At my stage in life, I am looking at mentees, not mentors. OK, no jokes about your little fishing motor. Best regards, RA1
-
Ig Nobel Prize
Holy cow. Shades of "The Gift of the Magi". Here we are brandying cleverness and prettiness and to what exact point? I learned that from you, MsGuy. Best regards, RA1
-
Ig Nobel Prize
Sayeth the dog to all the other dogs. Best regards, RA1
-
NYT reporter Risen calls Obama 'greatest enemy of press freedom in a generation'
Now if the press will quit censoring themselves aka not reporting all the news, things would improve. Best regards, RA1
-
Most annoying video you'll see today
What starts out being a parody of Anderson Cooper ends up being a parody of DW. Still very mildly funny. Best regards, RA1