Everything posted by RA1
-
Is Ebola covered by Obamacare?
As you know, they did not contract Ebola in the US but while acting as medical missionaries in Africa. No doubt they were partly brought back so the CDC could have ready access to them and their treatment, records, etc. Ebola seems serious enough. The current thought is that it will take years to develop a vaccine. In the meantime, it is spreading like wildfire. Amazing how we can never really get ahead of disease, isn't it? As soon as we think we have one conquered, another shows up. Best regards, RA1
-
'World's top PR companies rule out working with climate deniers'
Well, I won't do business with them either. Best regards, RA1
-
You'll never know how much I like you . . .
I only became aware yesterday when AS mentioned it that there was such a thing as running out of likes. If there is such a thing as a group hug why not a group like? Best regards, RA1
-
Portable Electronic Devices // International Use on DELTA
Shoot, I could have told DL that for free (or a modest stipend). I have known for years that the various electronic goodies do not interfere with aviation avionics. I never turn my cell phone off. But, then, no one calls me anyway. Best regards, RA1
-
@NASA had the geekiest tweet last night and I loved it
One useful bit of information was to realize that Star Trek's military organization was based upon the US Navy. Those of us who served in the US Navy knew immediately what, "you have the conn" meant. If they had referred to academy graduates as "zoomies" I would have known the organization was US Air Force but perhaps not much more after that. Best regards, RA1
-
Daddy's Site Dead
SR- So you say you really like big dicks and NEVER get into trouble? Best regards, RA1
-
20 inspiration quotations from killers and psychopaths
Many of these make no sense as compared to what I think I know about them. Others make perfect sense. All are interesting. Best regards, RA1
-
Daddy's Site Dead
hito- Aren't "trouble and big dicks" two ways of saying the same thing? Best regards, RA1
-
Venom and the Poop Thread
I am not sure a "whoopee cushion" would be necessary for someone about to be electrocuted. Likely they will engage in the real thing. However, I agree it is never too late until and unless one thinks it is. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
I didn't realize we might be on a quota system but modern life is full of surprises, isn't it? Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Several years ago we had a "Monster of Ceremonies" named Sivad. Mr. Davis was a VP on the local channel and enjoyed presenting horror films. A riot. BTW, West Mifflin is a suburb of PIT. Been there, done that. Best regards. RA1
-
Daddy's Site Dead
Those are the biggest ducks I have ever seen and they do the goose step very well. Best regards, RA1
-
Community Comity Commission (CCC): IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
"They" don't like you hot and stinky? Best regards, RA1
-
Community Comity Commission (CCC): IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
AS- I thought you liked your guys hot and stinky? Was that someone else? Best regards, RA1
-
CUBA via of FLORIDA!!!!!!!
I am willing to suppose that most younger Americans have no opinion about the embargo. However, the Cubans who have escaped Castro and are living in Southern Florida seem to have a very strong, vehement opinion about Castro led Cuba. And, they are a large and formidable voting bloc. Even though the last few US administrations have put out "feelers" about reducing the embargo (and in fact have to some limited extent) there are still rumblings and repercussions from the ex-Cubans whenever this topic is presented. Best regards, RA1
-
Community Comity Commission (CCC): IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Just as a reminder, I re-read the whole thread. I don't think I learned anything new except perhaps that 9 is 50% of 16 plus one. 8 being 50% of 16 + 1 = 9. Generally the only ban I am in favor of is the bahnhof. Best regards, RA1
-
Daddy's Site Dead
Quack. Best regards, RA1
-
Venom and the Poop Thread
VP you ain't. Or, maybe you are. Best regards, RA1
-
How did you celebrate National Orgasm Day yesterday (Jul 31)?
As previously reported, neither did I. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
I am constantly amazed at the price of "extras" on airline flights. So far, I have avoided any such for several years and will continue to do so as long as I am able. Best regards, RA1
-
How did you celebrate National Orgasm Day yesterday (Jul 31)?
I didn't but I am willing to make amends retroactively. Best regards, RA1
-
French hospital to open wine bar for terminally ill patients
Everyone is terminally ill, the only difference is the relative term has not been delineated for some. Therefore, eat, drink and be Mary or whoever turns you on. Best regards, RA1
-
Craigslist To Begin Serving Breakfast
I knew the FAA would sell out, just like everyone else. Best regards, RA1
-
For hito's Eyes Only
hito- I firmly believe that lookin is willing to trade you the shoes for the guy. In other words, you take the shoes and lookin will take the guy. Best regards, RA1
-
Boehner encourages Obama to take executive action, one day after voting to sue Obama over executive action
I am not so sure these ideas are mutually exclusive, even though the writer tried to make them appear so. No doubt the vote to sue BO is largely symbolic as well as largely political. So what? Our attorneys can chime in but isn't it going to be difficult for the Congress to achieve standing in this proposed lawsuit? Isn't the main point that BO is choosing which provisions of Obamacare to enforce and which to let slide? Hasn't the Congress tried 40 times to over turn Obamacare? To me there is the real irony. Best regards, RA1