Everything posted by JKane
-
Summer Olympics 2021
- What The Fuck Is Trump Doing?
- 'Roadrunner' shows us Anthony Bourdain as he really was
I had really started to get into Bordain's new show on CNN and when he died I just couldn't watch anymore. Still have the last couple episodes on my DVR. I saw this movie, and liked it. It's a good portrait of an addictive/obsessive personality. Not all of the addictions were bad, but the last one (Asia Argento) may've been the one that did him in, or not. The movie definitely lets you blame her if you want, but also shows that Bourdain was deeply flawed and may've just taken that relationship 10X more seriously than she did. It was great to hear his voice (or whatever they did) and see most of the memorable friends who'd been on adventures with him again. It was sad but not morose or depressing. Most people in it blame him even directly calling him an asshole for doing it. No, they don't go any more specific than it was a hanging that happened to be during turbulence with Argento.- New "Dune" Trailer
My thoughts on what I saw... The first 10 minutes is entirely new (not from the book). I'm not sure how to feel about that. Part of me thinks it's a studio requirement to add Zendaya to this part of the movie... part of me hopes it's just Villenuve working his way out of the trap of in-head exposition through the book and Lynch movie. It's obvious Villenuve loves the book, so I'll keep hoping. The visuals and music are fucking stunning. They finally got the Atredies Ornathopter to work on screen as described. They are splitting the book into two movies, but as of yet the second is unconfirmed. There's also talk about a show based in the universe about the Bene Gesserit sisterhood which sounds promising, though I think setting it basically before the movie would be an unfortunate choice (since how everything must end up is established).- New "Dune" Trailer
I'm a huge Dune nerd and have been eagerly awaiting this movie for years! I went to a special IMAX preview they did the night before the release of this new trailer. It included the first 10 minutes of the film plus the sandworm attack on the spice harvester scene plus some behind the scenes and then this trailer. That is was shot for IMAX was clear and I am planning to see it on an IMAX screen at least once (then probably Dolby Laser once or twice more). Very excited!- The Air France Concorde Crash
This is a great writeup and very interesting. I also follow aircraft incidents closely but had bought into the AF's narrative it was entirely the fault of the metal strip.- Romance, Bromance and Plain Old Friendship – Passions and Problems
Kathy Griffin. She mentions the fickle friends that turned their backs on her in her latest special. I watched it a while ago, remember kinda enjoying it. https://www.amazon.com/Kathy-Griffin-Hell-Story/dp/B07VVWGC85 Heaven forbid a comic pushes the envelope about Trump! He's NEVER pushed any envelopes... or broken damn near every norm of class or decency...- Mitch McConnell Warns That Voting Bill Would Bring U.S. to Brink of Democracy
- Mitch McConnell Warns That Voting Bill Would Bring U.S. to Brink of Democracy
- Duplicated forum?
And the two above it (Male Escort Review and Male Escort Discussion) could probably be combined as well. Fewer inactive forums and more interaction would be good, right?- Duplicated forum?
- What The Fuck Is Trump Doing?
- What The Fuck Is Trump Doing?
- What The Fuck Is Trump Doing?
- United Bets on Supersonic Future With $3 Billion Boom Jet Order
When I first heard of Boom I gave it a 0% chance of happening. Maybe... maybe this raises it to 1.5%, but not because of the United "purchase" (I'm sure it's full of easy ways out). Boom has a chance at a chance IF they can build some kind of investment frenzy (like Nikola and many others have--but in more conventional spaces and following a successful example) and then actually put that capital into creating a workable product (unlike Nikola, let's just video our mockup rolling down a hill...) maybe. But naming the company after the feature (sonic booms) that helped derail wide adoption and also the image of an aircraft exploding already shows poor judgement, imho. I'm actually more interested in this aircraft, it has so much potential, especially the bigger version electrically powered when batteries get just a little better, perhaps to link all the smaller airports in socal/southwest. A new Pacific Southwest Airlines... https://www.ottoaviation.com/celera-500l But it's not nearly as sexy as the, what, dozenth time we've been told a new Super Sonic Transport is around the corner, really this time! And we have the bonus of it being an upstart instead of, you know, Boeing who's failed at the next SST 3 or more times now...?- Intermittently getting security warning...
Your bank REALLY should not be giving this error!!!- Intermittently getting security warning...
Yeah, figured it was something like this but wanted to make sure you knew.- People keep forgetting all Trump's accomplishments...
- CNN gives Rick Santorum the boot.
Ewwwwww, the last thing I want to see in my porn is santorum and that makes Santorum the second to last thing!- Intermittently getting security warning...
Am I supposed to stop using boytoy.com? This isn't new, I just figured at some point it'd stop and it hasn't. I'm sure some won't know to go into Advanced and ignore it to get here. Also, speaking of other site name issues, the description for this forum invokes Gay Thailand...? This is the forum to make comments and suggestion for the team here at GayThailand.com. Help us to make the site better.- People keep forgetting all Trump's accomplishments...
- I Can't Believe Americans Are Filling Trash Bags With Gasoline
- Why Do We Care So Much About Ellen?
"We" don't. She broke some ground and humanized gays to millions, but I barely gave a shit before she fired all her staff for cheaper scabs and the tsunami of negative info about her crested. Since then... do. not. give. a. fuck.- People keep forgetting all Trump's accomplishments...
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
- What The Fuck Is Trump Doing?