Everything posted by Latbear4blk
-
My first ban at Daddy's
And I am miraculously reinstated 5 days earlier.
-
The Whole Race Thing In Brazilian Saunas....
- Have fun in Brazil but don't ignore facts
Is that worse than the USA? Are you counting the cost of war crimes?- RIP Anthony Bourdain
I love that quote. I will make it my motto.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
- RIP Anthony Bourdain
- MUSCLE QUEEN
Yep, he is not a trans, but a muscular drag queen. I also wanted to see more. It was too crowded.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
Please, remember this thread is about Bourdain.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
Well, I cannot speak for @RockHardNYC, but when I read his post, it seems to me he is using his personal experience to discredit Anthony's. That is what I am arguing against in the post you quoted.- MUSCLE QUEEN
Look at this beauty I found in the DC Pride Festival today. IMG_0479.MOV- The Whole Race Thing In Brazilian Saunas....
I do not think this is a competition to declare the winner in the race for the most Racist country. I thought we were discussing Race to better understand the different ways than Racism take in different socio-cultural-political contexts. I appreciate @Latindude contribution for many reasons, but specially because I was thinking the same when I was reading other posters, but I was not sure because I do not know Brazil as well. Look at the success of Racism in Argentina, where there is an official history and a mainstream self image that does not correlate with reality. Many if not most Argentines would be offended if you point out to racist discrimination in the national culture. I agree that like in Brazil classism is more important, however it is often so intertwined with racism that is hard to tell what predominates.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
Perhaps you should make a harder effort to step out of your shoes and your fabulous NY apartment, and get in Bourdain's skin. He was a chef and a professional traveler. He may have been suffering from clinical depression. He brings the bad burger example in the episode I was referring. It is not about what we can or cannot imagine we would do. It is about trying to connect with his way of experiencing life. I would not get depressed because a bad burger either. However I do relate to the experience of letting one little thing to paint the whole universe in one color.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
I watched Buenos Aires (my mother-home) episode last night and I loved it. During the episode it is highlighted Buenos Aires' (they misguidedly say Argentina's) fondness for psychotherapy, and a role playing situation is chopped throughout the chapter where Anthony and a local woman play the analyzed/analyst roles. I cannot know how much of the role play script is coming from Anthony's pen, but it could be a clue on guessing some of what may have been going on in his mind. I feel very much identified with this. Anthony, in his character from the divan, shares how sometimes something completely minuscule and insignificant like a bad burger in an airport triggers days of depression, and how similarly but oppositely, a few seconds of happiness give meaning to his life for weeks.- Emails from BoyToy
The log in issue is back as I described it above.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
I have already done that but unsuccessful. I am too lazy to proof ready carefully. Back to topic. I followed Bourdain yeas ago, when he was in the food channel. Then I abandoned cable and his show. When I returned to cable last year I did not return to him and I am sorry. My way of honoring his life is watching Parts Unknown. I just watched the first episode of the last season, about West Virginia. It is so good, he can connect and show how alike the human experience is, even in places that seem antipodal. I am right now watching the episode about Uruguay, which is almost home to me. It is such a pleasure to listen to a foreigner non self centered vision of my own culture.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
I think what I like the least in Boytoy is our inability to edit our posts.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
I am (was?) specially fond of him since my first years living in the USA, because of non American centered vision of culture, society, and politics. It is not a quality shared by many Americans.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
I should have said "I am sure there is more to it that we do not know" instead of "Perhaps.." It does not make sense to us, but perhaps it did make sense to him. That is the mystery, and I do agree we'll possibly never know.- RIP Anthony Bourdain
It is sad. He was a really talented, open minded, honest, humble, smart, and wise guy. He chose to hang himself. I wonder why. I kind of wonder also about happiness. However what challenges my optimism is not that he was rich and famous, but so gifted and still miserable enough to choose to end his life that way. Perhaps there is more to it that we do not know.- APAC
I just learned about what seems to be an interesting professional development for adult entertainment performers. It is organized by APAC: Adult Performers Advocacy Committee. If they are serious, they seem to be natural allies to organize advocacy actions for sex workers rights, but it is the first time I hear from them. Does anyone here know anything about these guys? Maybe this thread is a better fit for the Politics forum, I am not sure. This request is a good trial for some of the ideas we were discussing in another thread about M4M being the American, and Boytoy the International source of wisdom in the field. Perhaps I will have to wait until my time out is over at M4M to obtain any information.- Emails from BoyToy
It looks like my logging in problem has been fixed.- happy belated birthday Keith
Feliz cumpleaños @keith30309! I am glad to see you here, I did not know you were a member.- Emails from BoyToy
I am not getting those emails but my login is acting up. Since yesterday, when I log in to the forums (I do not do it to the main site) I am taken to an error screen, where I have to reenter my user name and password. I do log in in this second try and am taken to the forums home page, where everything looks normal. I click one first time on anything and everything is fine. When I go back to the home page, I am now logged out, according to the status in the upper right corner. However I am not out. If I click on any message, the new screen shows me in. When I go back to the home page, it shows me out again.- Programa Pricing 2018 Version
- Rio trip April/May 18
This could have happened in any big city around the world. I am sorry you went through this experience but glad you are able to tell about it. I never noticed that Grindr was glamorized. No online outlet should be glamorized. But whether you met him through Grindr, Rentmen, or in the street or a bar; bringing someone you do not know to your place carries always a certain degree of risk. - Have fun in Brazil but don't ignore facts
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.