Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mavica

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mavica

  1. Stunning physical specimens. ↑↑ Thank you.
  2. Angry, yes ... it clearly seems. Expressions of prejudice based on an individual's or group of individuals' nationality, maybe skin color ... maybe religious beliefs. Pattaya today isn't the same as was witnessed / experienced two and three decades ago. When I feel a destination is no longer to my liking, I simply move-on to someplace else. I try not to personally attack individuals whose travel / life preferences are different from mine. Let's remember that we have in this discussion one observer of a situation about which he was uncomfortable - reporting his concern - and several newspaper articles describing arrests. How many others of us participating in this discussion knows what truly transpired ... the "facts" of what has or has not happened. Is this a temporary concern, long-term? We have conflicting opinions / experiences. Time will tell.
  3. Mavica replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    The quote, above, is from one of the linked news articles. Chaos is not a description universally agreed to, but I haven't been present when the incidents occurred. However, the way to put a stop to this is to concentrate on the rental shops and shutting-down those who've rented the equipment in violation of regulations.
  4. Mavica replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/18/china/china-monkeypox-wu-zunyou-foreigners-intl-hnk/index.html
  5. I live in the USA, and have traveled world-wide, extensively. If I were to relocate outside the USA I'd almost certainly move to Mexico where I've lived previously. I speak Spanish, which is a huge plus. Other than Mexico, I'd like to live in Ireland .. but a retiree visa requires 50,000 Euro annual income if I'm recalling correctly. I wouldn't live in Asia, or Thailand. Language is one reason. Living someplace is very different than visiting as a tourist.
  6. Mavica replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Doesn't this belong in the Thailand forum?
  7. So what. Many straight - and Bi - guys switch hit. He's with an ugly wife now, hopefully a good companion and if he has the opportunity to trick with one of the stunningly handsome Brit soldier types at the palace ... congrats.
  8. Use of masks is a turn-off for me, and I think many others. There has to be a theme, a story line in order for the use of masks to work. They didn't work in the example in the OP.
  9. I know that some guys like to watch others masturbate, or have someone masturbate another person ... but it does nothing for me. Many of the East Boys are "my type" and I've seen sex scenes with some of them. But, for the most part ... I say, "so what?". Thanks for posting.
  10. Cross-posted here and at The Beer Bar forum: The NY Times is featuring a report in today's (09.12.2022) online edition (a subscription may be required to read the article in its entirety). The report discusses more than just Brazil. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/12/health/monkeypox-vaccines-treatments-equity.html
  11. Mavica replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    The NY Times is featuring an article on Monkeypox in the 09.12.2022 online edition (may require subscription to read in its entirety). https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/12/health/monkeypox-vaccines-treatments-equity.html
  12. Thank you for sharing the clip. I don't know what the story-line is for this short video clip, or if you need someone to assist with production. If it were me producing the videos and i didn't want to hire someone to help me with production ... I'd probably study the most popular gay porn videos available online to learn some production values. The masks/head coverings are a turn-off for me and the bodies of the two individuals in the clip aren't to my liking. ☹️
  13. Not really. CNN has consistently, for many years now, contracted with and paid spokespersons/supporters of the various Presidents to appear and present their viewpoint. No other network does this. It's not something new. CNN has been consistent in offering "both sides" in those panel discussions.
  14. I don't know you personally. I have an impression, though, after reading many of your postings on Thai forum and on the Philippines, etc. I'm left with the impression that you are uncomfortable with being gay, how others may view you and your sexual preference and other things in your life ... and that you throw caution to the wind and are unconcerned not only about your own health ... but about that of others who follow behind you and trick with the same young men. For me, it begs the question: do you value your life? Harsh comments? Yes. But sincerely offered from someone approaching his mid-70s.
  15. Risks are not just to us individually, but to many others. I will act responsibly, and the risk to me is too great to frequent the GP saunas in Rio - or elsewhere - so I've decided to postpone/cancel a possible Fall trip to Rio. For me, the level of risk is not "doable". We sleep with the many others our partners have slept with. All too many people forget about or were not alive in the 80s when HIV hit and devastated our community. Yes, immunize ourselves if we can / want. But let's be real, and responsible for our health and the health of others. Ok, sermon is over! 😁
  16. Don't the Thai specific topics belong in the Thailand forum?
  17. There have been questions raised about criminal charges against one of the two, who, in video's, is seen wearing an ankle monitoring device? Criticism has been posted elsewhere about the age of one or more of the sex partners. Just asking.
  18. No, the sky is not falling.
  19. I think I understand. An older gay guy who prefers/enjoys the companionship of slight-build younger men is flattered when that young man fawns over him, pleases or slightly pleases him sexually, etc. It's a relationship many guys don't have the opportunity of back home - so they don't want to let go. Smart, intelligent (otherwise) farangs. Such relationships/financing isn't limited to Thailand, as we know. And it's not limited to just the gay community. Straight men and Pinoy women (as one example) ... you see/hear a lot of the same commentary. In the Philippines, it's not just the girl/young lady you help support ... but her extended family (sometimes true in Thailand). I've known many young men in Mexico who have had 2 or 3 foreigners financially supporting them - at the same time. I'd laugh watching the Mexicans juggling the visits of their backers/lovers (particularly in Acapulco). "A fool and his money are soon parted" (Thomas Tusser).
  20. I am similar. Thank you for the comment, and request(s).
  21. Mavica replied to Chris's topic in Gay Thailand
    You're right. There was a time, maybe 15-20 years ago, I posted extensively to CFS. It was one of the best cruising websites, contributed to by some awesome people. I remember, too, Dreaded Ned's Thailand forums to which I posted. What a free for all that was! I recognize a couple of names on this forum who also posted there, back in the day.
  22. I've tricked with quite a few Pinoy young men here in the USA. Most if not all were physically stunning, great in bed. None were "butchered". Fond memories!
  23. Top Ten will differ, by whomever is asked.
  24. "Need"? I doubt it. "Desired"? For some, yes. I, too, am a prostate cancer survivor.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.