Everything posted by Mavica
-
QAnon Connection to "Company of Men"
It's the same with participants who troll. I suspect some of what appears in the Politics forum of the other web forum are trolling and provoking others to respond. Don't feed the trolls / provocateurs and we deny them what fuels them to continue the behavior. I know that's easier said than done, but the fewer responses the better. Also, what is the readership of some of the offensive discussions / comments? In the grand scheme of things; viewership is miniscule.
-
First time in Rio
Therein lies the attraction to Rio and its saunas with GP, for gay men. Straight men share the same excitement (but, for their attraction to women).
-
Gaybutton board hacked
Thank you for the heads-up, and ... sorry to hear of the hacking. I consider your Thailand board THE best of the Thai forums on the internet. Keep up the good work!
-
QAnon Connection to "Company of Men"
I'd never heard of it, until now. I looked at the forums there and see the cross-posting of some people here, there. I'm not interested. I'm fine here. Thanks.
-
Post Covid first trip back to Thailand - Bangkok and Pattaya December 2022
Thank you for your first report, and, especially, for the courtesy of writing with paragraphs. I look forward to sharing your trip vicariously. 😁
-
PrEParations
My personal experience has been that my physician(s) in the USA have substantially reduced the number of times they prescribe antibiotics. Mexico, where I've lived/worked and continued to travel ... where antibiotics were once dispensed without a prescription ... now require a prescription to obtain. I think there are many countries where access to antibiotics has been restricted.
-
STDs up, condom use down among Pattaya sex workers
History often repeats itself. Many gay men today were not alive during nor did they endure / experience HIV / AIDS. I did. Many men I slept with didn't survive. Many other friends didn't, either. I'm offended when I read of people posting here who almost bragging talk about risky sexual behavior ... which places all of us and their partners at risk. The Money Boys or GPs in Brazil who engage in risky sex practices place us at risk, too.
-
Visitors to Thailand must show proof of at least two Covid-19 vaccinations
IMO, the comment(s) you refer to has been made by the currently most prolific troll on these forums. 😒
-
Hunt for gunman who killed British ex-pat in Pattaya
Traveling and living abroad ... I've learned not to engage in verbal or other avoidable altercations with others, particularly local residents. I've seen expats suffer the adverse consequences trying to be right (sometimes wrong) when disagreements occur.
-
Cheap(er) Europe flights/ routes to LOS?
Google purchased itamatix and created Google Flights ... which I use to trip plan. Unfortunately, I live in the Tampa Bay area and flights to Asia / South America are usually expensive. $1,500 r/t to Rio ...$1,700+ to BKK the first two weeks of February.
-
Rimming Is Safe...and Fun
Really? I don't think so.
-
Tour guide
Ok. Thank you. My bad.
-
Tour guide
Obviously, for you ... yes. But it's not what this forum is limited to. In the real world:
-
Quit Your Job And Move here
You can probably same the same about many regions of this planet.
-
I Want $500 Million! They Made Me Film Naked - Or Did They!
A young man, 16 years of age, with a beautiful body - and supple ass - no doubt had more than one older man and woman in the entertainment community suck and/or fuck him. I loved that scene with him sprawled on the bed, with ass presented for our enjoyment.
-
Quit Your Job And Move here
IMO, the article does not provide practical advice. One has to be extraordinarily adventurous to move very long distances to a country an individual is likely not to understand the culture or language. Also, many countries - probably most - have visa income tests many people cannot meet, particularly if they are unemployed.
-
Awful sexual experience
You've probably considered having a blood test (no pun inteded) in the coming days, as a precaution.
-
Indian tourists cancel Thailand trips after govt impose Covid test
In comparison to total trip cost, the additional cost of the test is probably relatively minimal. Does anyone know the cost and availability of the test in Thailand.
-
Bye bye Grindr …
Yes. I often explore areas away from where I live, including foreign destinations. However, in the area of Florida where I live many of the Grindr profiles and messages solicit the sale / use of illegal drugs. A number of other profiles are, IMO, fake and are using the same purported to be actual photos and other profile information is fake. A lot of what we see on social media (including here, from time to time, I believe) is fake; it's the world we live in. Lots of George Santos types roaming around. 🙄 I use the free Grindr and the website has been pushing people towards all of the for-pay features. I just don't see much value using it where I live, but have met some guys when traveling abroad.
-
Is George Santos Really A Person or purely a Fiction?
Firstly, this is an example that not all gay's are good people. Santos certainly is not. Secondly, neither Santos' opposition in the Congressional election nor the "media" vetted the guy as is typically done in US elections. I blame those entities and many voters for not asking important questions. It doesn't surprise me that the Republican leadership, nor most of the rank and file elected officials in that party have condemned him for the depth and breath of his lies. the antics and misdeeds of Donald Trump and his cadre of America-haters have desensitized so many people and made lies and dishonesty the norm. I'm not ready to accept that politics and behaviors of politicians in the USA are very different than what we see in some or many other countries. Brazil is the easy example of that. The UK's politics is screwed-up, too. I'll agree that the Democratic Party and its elected officials, generally, are reluctant to engage in the type of aggressive fighting the extremist Republican Party is. It's fine to say you're taking the 'high road' and don't want to get down in the 'gutter' with the opposition ... but the stakes are often too high to sit on the sidelines and whine about the other team. Voters like to see their advocates fight for what they think is right. It's possible, likely that Santos will be indicted and tried or fined for some of his lies and maybe for financial irregularities. There are also reports that Brazil has been looking for him for a period of time on charges of financial fraud. It's unlikely, though, that the House of Representatives will refuse to seat him, but I'm thinking it's unlikely he can be re-elected in 2 years.
-
Hotel Hevent Bangkok Silom
Recent reviews are good. Worst reviews appear to be from 2017/2018 and seem to concentrate on it either being a noisy location or you can hear people in other rooms talking, etc. One negative review complained he/she booked the room via a third party booking agent and the individual is having money getting a refund. When looking at Trip Advisor reviews I check on how many other reviews the individual has posted and if they are typically one-sided pro / con.
-
China Madness: Allowing Tourists In and Out of the Country
Feeding a troll only encourages the individual.
-
China Madness: Allowing Tourists In and Out of the Country
"Passengers who have been fully vaccinated and boosted with vaccines approved by the Japanese government and who are arriving in Japan after October 11, 2022, will not require a pre-travel COVID-19 test. Those traveling to Japan from mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau) or who were in China within seven days of their arrival in Japan will be tested upon arrival." Source: https://jp.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
-
Filipino boys vs Thai boys
My ideal "type" is a guy with a fitness model body ... 18-25 years old. Although, when in Rio de Janeiro I've taken some masculine GP twinks at the saunas that were young, lean, muscled and great sex. There really are types for probably all preferences at the Rio saunas ... which I think is more challenging to find in Thailand. Bulky muscled guys are a turn-off for me. When I lived in Chicago, before moving to Florida, I had many sexual experiences with Filipino guys in my "ideal" range ... some masculine, others fem (when they opened their mouths to speak!). Without exception, each experience was sexually and friendship fulfilling. Good tops / good bottoms.
-
It's getting too much all this PC
"PC"? I'll suggest you enjoy exaggerating, or just imagining things that happen to you. 😗 No matter the size of the agency you say you work for, it's not difficult to have learned the name of the member of the staff to whom your inquiry could have and should have been addressed. Therefore, your angst would have been avoided. Workplace interactions have undergone transformations for a couple of decades now, maybe you haven't paid attention. 😁 I'm finding it difficult to take seriously your comment about the one individual being traumatized. 💋