Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fedssocr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fedssocr

  1. I just invested in the new version of the Travis translator device. They claim to be able to handle Thai and say they use something like a dozen translation engines and choose the one that's best for a particular language. I am a bit skeptical but I guess I will find out eventually.
  2. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    mobile phone apps - Grindr, Hornet, Blued, Jackd... But I don't know that I have ever seen a whole lot of western youth on there when I am in Thailand
  3. Wow. Why would you ever want to leave? Let's see more of the boys :-) I have a good friend here in the US who is Nepali. Gorgeous, gorgeous guy. He used to be tiny and slim but put on a lot of muscle so now he is small and muscular. I think he escaped Nepal in order to be gay.
  4. It's all very personal to each individual. Luckily they're all so close together it's easy enough to visit several until you hit one you like. And of course the situation can change from day to day depending who is there
  5. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    probably due to still using the arrival and departure form they need an actual person to do the review
  6. Anyone ever try to use one of these Travis translators? They have a new model coming out soon. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/travis-touch-pocket-translator-software-design/x/7247010#/ Supposed to translate Thai. Given how generally terrible online translation is for Thai I am somewhat dubious. But they have a bunch of good reviews for languages like Korean, Japanese and Mandarin. So maybe it is able to handle Asian languages which most online systems seem to struggle with.
  7. after all of the recent positive chatter about Nakarat I took a look at their FB page. An interesting mix of guys. A few are definitely my cup of tea for sure. Can't wait to check it out https://www.facebook.com/Nakarat-Massage-Spa-710678279124390/
  8. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I always carry my passport with me. I don't worry about it much. My pants also have a zippered inner pocket which is where I keep it and since I almost never need it for anything on a normal day the zipper is never opened. I have a leather passport cover which keeps it from getting soggy and bent up in the tropics. I just have one phone, but I might consider taking a slightly older smartphone with me next time. I briefly lost my phone on a recent trip to Australia. It fell out of my (unzipped) jacket pocket on my Uber ride from the airport to the hotel on arrival after traveling for about 36 hours all together. Luckily the hotel staff were able to help me contact the driver and he brought it back to me. It was a bit of an order for sure and I get a much tighter grip on it for the rest of the trip. Gave the driver a generous tip and praised the hotel staff who helped me to their manager and in several online reviews. I started using Flexiroam last year. It's a little chip you affix to your regular SIM card and when you are traveling abroad you only need to activate their app and it using the SIM overlay to access the network. It's a bit more expensive than a local SIM but more convenient especially if you are traveling between countries a lot. The biggest drawback is that you can't use it for calls or SMS but internet based message apps work. I carry a little daypack too. It's a place to keep the umbrella, hat when I'm indoors, bottle of water, sometimes a small camera...
  9. the blog seems to indicate that there is some confusion over their business model. I see that they list non-member prices for some things. Might be worth directly contacting the spa. The whole thing does seem rather convoluted
  10. I didn't see this when it was initially posted, so I will add my kudos for putting this together. A worthy successor to ShamelessMack indeed.
  11. most shops have a printed price list which typically indicates cost for various types of massage and minimum tips. For a regular 1 hr massage I'd say you were certainly overcharged by at least 500 baht. I've always tipped the boy directly. Also, Thais have incredible memories. So perhaps you did meet this guy before. Or maybe he is a "psychic"? :-)
  12. this PP group seems quite active. hot muscle boy asking $30 a session
  13. actually, it looks like this event happened several months ago but they didn't upload the videos until last week
  14. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    sorry I wasn't able to see this... I love historic photographs so this is right up my alley
  15. Sometimes I get lucky and happen to be around when various music events happen. Sadly I was not there for this Smallroom music label party from last week. But lots of great videos on YouTube including this one from Summer Stop led by the most gorgeous Thai twins Not sure why The Jukks wore dresses for their performance, but... And the beloved Gene Kasidit
  16. so, are all of those spycam videos floating around the internet really old? :-)
  17. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    according to Wikipedia it's one of the poorest regions in Vietnam which I suppose makes sense if there are many of their young men trying their hand at Bangkok's bar scene. Not pronounced at all like it looks
  18. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    the Australian TV program about the rescue was much better than the American one or the Discovery channel one https://youtu.be/-esjQLvsgTs
  19. Thanks for mentioning VT6. I had seen the listing on agoda but didn't pay much attention to it. Looks like very good value. I booked the big corner sea view unit for a few nights...looking forward to it (6 months from now). I usually spend daytime hours at the big mall too when I am in Pattaya. A little far from the night time action, but I suppose I can always take the baht bus.
  20. good info on Bandara. I stayed at Siri Sathorn across the street a number of times. Quiet neighborhood.
  21. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    OK. Now tell us what "Ha Tinh" is. No need to rein anything in as far as I can see. I have always considered my trips to be a redistribution of wealth to the developing world.
  22. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    While Thai society in general is fairly conservative I think they have many fewer hang-ups when it comes to sex than Westerners. Too much Christianity influence in the West has led to a lot of sexual repression. It could be some influence of the tropical climate too that makes everyone horny. If it's a choice between jerking off or having a playmate maybe it's just more fun to have a playmate of whatever gender.
  23. I think it is actually rare for a person to photograph well. Not that I am the most attractive person in the world, but when I see myself in photos I don't recognize me. When I look in the mirror I think "OK, that's not so bad" but in photos I look terrible. It could also have something to do with the kind of lens used. Cellphone cameras aren't really made for portraiture
  24. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    some new details about what happened from their press conference https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44876108

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.