Everything posted by fedssocr
-
Crazy....
I actually prefer those late arrivals. Go to the hotel and straight to bed and then the next morning I am on BKK time. You don't necessarily need to connect via NRT. I don't mind NRT though. The one I avoid is Beijing. Depending where you're going from Cathay Pacific connections in HKG tend to work well for me. Korean connections at ICN can work too. But they're all big airports with similar connection experiences. Personally I would go to Colombia given your options. All of those stunning guys with giant penises. (at least the ones doing wecam shows online are)
-
Tokyo Boys - new boy bar at Patpong
I think this is just the truism of the gogo bar. This has happened to me the world over. The guys who I am most interested in pay no attention to me while the guys I am least attracted to are all over me.
- World's best airport
-
World's longest flight: EWR-SIN
unless you live in or your ultimate destination is the NY area I think it makes more sense to connect elsewhere to break up the trip. Even in business class almost 19 hours is tough. Since I would need to connect anyway I think it makes more sense to change in Tokyo or HKG or ICN. Cathay is adding a flight from Washington to HKG in September. I am hoping to give that a try at some point.
-
Dick's Cafe Bangkok Closed?
I agree that a new location may be a challenge. I used to enjoy grabbing a bite to eat inside and then sitting out on the patio to watch the dinner theater go by. But it really was location, location, location that was the draw. Maxis has better food but the view isn't quite as good
-
hotel suggestions in bangkok
The only place I ever stayed that wouldn't allow "unregistered" guests in your room was the Siam Heritage Hotel on Suriwong.
-
Are Thailand’s Gay Ghettoes finished in the longer term?
There are still a couple of gay bars on 17th St (JR's and Cobalt) and there are a few others (Nellie's Sports Bar is on U St not in Dupont and there's Larry's Lounge on 18th which is not really central Dupont being several blocks from the circle...it's more Adams Morgan). The sleazy area in SE has been totally redeveloped with the baseball stadium and tons of new luxury apartments. Ziegfeld's/Secrets still exists for now, but the new soccer stadium is going up closeby and the neighborhood will be changing a lot in the years to come.
-
Are Thailand’s Gay Ghettoes finished in the longer term?
well, I'd suggest that "gay ghettoes" are disappearing everywhere. Here in DC the gay ghetto used to be Dupont Circle. Then the straights moved in because we had fixed it up so nicely. More and more re-development and "luxury" apartments followed. The younger generations don't seem interested in having a gayborhood or don't need one. They have their gay friends and straight friends and are more integrated. Gay bars are in decline everywhere. Everyone meets online or on apps. So, this isn't something limited to Thailand. It's just the way things are going. (And anyway those places highlighted aren't really where the local gays lived...it's just where they went to cater to gay sex tourists)
-
Blued app
there is also the section at bottom left that shows you all of the local guys. Did you try contacting any of them? I think there are the exhibitionists who like to show off for voyeurs like me, and then there are a lot more who aren't broadcasting who are there for other reasons.
-
Blued app
afraid muscular type isn't really my thing. but you just need to scrolls through whoever happens to be online at any particular time. Or scan through the guys who are located nearby in the bottom left-most section of the app
-
Blued app
I have not been able to install it on my Android tablet or my Chromebook, so it is phone only for me. Maybe it's not getting location data from your ipad? Like I mentioned I don't really use it for hookups, just for voyeurism...the video broadcasts are pretty great. In the video section if you click the little globe icon at top left you get a list of countries from which you can select broadcasters. Some must use VPNs because they will show as US or Australia when they are really in China or Indonesia. It's kind of interesting to see how these guys live. The variety of bathrooms around the world... I do worry a bit for all of these horny Indonesian guys though.
-
Blued app
I've recently become addicted to the Blued app. There is a section that is set up for meeting nearby guys. But I don't really use that. The most fun part for me is the video broadcasting part. Tons and tons of cute exhibitionists from Asia (lots from Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, India...) and Latin America. While the app warns that only wholesome activity is allowed (and they do ban some users who go too far), if you follow a user and they choose to do a "private" broadcast they can do pretty much anything. Lots of them will do whatever they want in the public videos as well until they get shut down though. Mostly it's skinny or skinny-toned twinks, but there are other shapes and sizes as well.
-
Moonlight, new go go show bar...in the old Jupiter
basically there's a balcony
-
JAPAN; Tokyo - Shibuya ni-chome
just happened to see this story about a new-ish documentary about the male sex workers of Tokyo http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/society/article/2127079/boys-sale-dark-world-japans-gay-prostitution
-
anything recent on Bali?
I preferred Ubud for sure. Not for the gay nightlife, but for the general atmosphere, good food, etc. In Seminyak I stayed at the Bali Ginger Suites - it's a very small place. Room was comfortable enough. open air bathroom which is not my favorite thing. It is right around the corner from all of the gay bars. It's kind of hidden down a little alley. It's a few years since I was there so I might not be the most up to date. On my visit lots of Grindr activity. Met with one guy who ended up being a moneyboy and was frankly a waste of time. After that I was a little sour on meeting anyone. I did do a massage at a place called something like Banana. It was a bit tough to find on foot. It's a shame what is happening in Indonesia in general. You might also try the blued app. Tons of Indonesian guys on there.
-
Soi Twilight closing....what?
The General says he wants to shake the "sex tourism" reputation of the country. That doesn't sound like it bodes well for the future of these businesses. (Of course they've said things like this in the past as well) Apparently there was a raid on Soi Cowboy last night. 75 foreigners rounded up on various visa violations. I hadn't heard about this on-going focus on "coloured people". http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/02/28/75-foreigners-arrested-soi-cowboy-crackdown/
-
Soi Twilight closing....what?
who is visiting the BKK bars now? is it tourists? expats? locals? Indeed some people enjoy Bangkok because it's a metropolis with a lot of things to do and things to see. And then they spend their evenings out at the bars. Sure, you might get some people who are purely sex tourists heading directly to Pattaya instead. But gay bars are dying everywhere. Most likely these places will just disappear.
-
Soi Twilight closing....what?
these sorts of changes are happening all over the world. Gay bars are disappearing everywhere for a variety of reasons. Technology marches on. And certainly that is some prime real estate. It'll probably get turned into another luxury mall and condo complex
-
Biometric registration of all SIM cards
On my last trip I just used the FlexiroamX SIM overlay. It's only good for data though. So if you need a phone number it won't help you there. I think GoogleFi should work as well.
-
10 Free Medellin Trips
interesting. I was just looking at flights to Colombia. It's kind of sad that the airlines all use little single-aisle planes to get there. Seeing so many hot young Colombians with their gigantic cocks on the cam sites and the Blued app makes me thirsty.
-
Weaker $ = makes America Great gain
Of course big parts of Thailand are going to be under water too...including Bangkok. We'll see how well the Thai economy survives that
-
1 night in Bangkok
OP asked about cruising there. So I mentioned that there's a lot of activity going on there right now. That said the crematorium is pretty spectacular, especially when it's lit up at night.
-
1 night in Bangkok
what time is your onward flight? I'd probably stay in Silom and just do a taxi or Grab car in the morning. You'll be going against traffic in the morning on the way to the airport. The Royal Crematorium is still in SL and it is open to the public for a couple of more days. Then the area will still be busy for a while as they dismantle it. You didn't say when you will arrive. I'd say if you want a "sure thing" then something like a massage place will probably be the easiest depending on what time you will arrive. I find the gogo bars a bit tiresome and by the time you pay for drinks, off fee, pay the boy you might as well just go to a "spa". Grindr is still pretty popular as well as Hornet, Planetromeo, Blued and Jack'd. Tons of Thai guys on Blued.
-
Best Massage/Spa for Twink Lovers
I've never had any issues at Banana Club. Good service. There are usually a couple of twinkier types there, but it is not the main type of guys they have these days. I think there were more back at the old location. (Of course your definition of "twink" might be a little different from mine)
-
Mouring period ends Oct. 30
went to visit the Royal Crematorium last evening. Well worth doing if you're in Bangkok. It was not crowded at all and I stayed for 2 hours or so. I just took a Grab car to the Ministry of Defence and was dropped off right at the checkpoint for tourists. I only had to wait 5 minutes or so and once 5PM hit my group was among those let in. Seeing it in daylight and then when all of the lights come on was great.